Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ready for bed...but had to post!

Hi everyone! WOW! It has been a pretty uneventful day...so this post won't be long! The day started our frustrating....I ended up in the nursery again this week. I am getting very frustrated with this...but I know I shouldn't complain because I don't serve as much as others do...but it just gets frustrating. I was back there 3 of the 5 Sundays in January....and the only reason I wasn't in there the other two was because one, I wasn't there and the other because I did the attendance books so Diamond did it. Every week it is either she and her Hubby or me that ends up doing it. ARGH! To top it off, next week is my week back there...but I have to find someone to cover for me both hours because I have to go to a baby shower for a girl I work with. Actually, I am kinda throwing the shower. Her family lives in Vermont and they are going to be in town for late Saturday and Sunday...they wanted to have a surprise shower for her while they are here...and since it is Superbowl Sunday...they are doing a brunch. So, they are paying for the whole thing....but I have to pick up the cake and decorate and greet people as they arrive. And I sent out the invitations and got the RSVPs.....so I am kinda throwing it. Hubby told me that I need to learn to say no. But this lady is a very sweet lady...and she visited I-Man both times he has been in the hospital and brought him gifts...she visited me and FAB in the hospital when she was born....she came over to my house on my birthday and gave me flowers and a cake....she is just a very thoughtful person....so I feel like it is the least I can do. I just hate I am missing church...but I would've been in the back anyways....but now I have to find someone to cover for me for both hours. I hate asking people to do that. So, that is the pickle I am in.

I digress......but then....WORSHIP WAS AWESOME!!!! The whole service was just great. I really had so much fun worshipping and praising God and was really able to just enjoy being a part of it. I didn't worry about what people were thinking or anything!!!!

Afterwards....there was a financial meeting. FAB would not be quiet...she kept telling everyone hi...and really loud....so I had to take her and I-Man to the cry-room. Sight Sing came in there with her little one too. Well..I almost lost my Christian witness. We were in there....and a lady (that I cannot stand) walked in...I-Man told her to "get outta here"....joking...but still rude...I know that. Before I even had a chance to correct him, she looks at him with hate in her eyes and says "Excuse me? Well that was rude!" I about DIED! I corrected I-Man and made him apologize....but then I wanted to slap her. I didn't....but she really ticked me off. She doesn't have kids...but she should realize that sometimes 4 year olds are rude.....and it is my job, as his mother, to correct him. She should be an adult and not be just as rude back to him. My blood was boiling. Oh well...I have to let that go.

SO......we came home....FAB and I headed off to the gym. Hubby and I-Man went to a couple of b-ball games (Hubby's little cousins were playing). After the gym (oh, I saw Catch and her daughter there!), I came home and struggled with FAB for 2 hours to try to get her to take a nap. She did not want to go to sleep..but she was so tired. Hubby came home and we FINALLY got her to go to sleep!

So, I didn't get much of a nap today....but I did just lay around for a long time. That was nice. Then when the kids got up we played....and had dinner...and a snack...and now we are getting ready to all watch a movie in my bed. Hubby is at men's group. It was I-Man's idea to all lay in my bed....we'll see how FAB does with that.

Well...I have to go! They are getting restless!!! Hope you all have a good Monday. Please pray a special prayer for Speedy tomorrow as she goes back to work! Pray that God gives her a sense of Peace....and that she doesn't miss Piglet too much!

Love you all!!!!!!

7 comments:

Kelley said...

HOW RUDE!!!!!! I can't believe she did that....oh wait, yes I can!! It was just the day for rude people apparently!! LOL! I hope you aren't mad at me for leaving Pita Pocket with you. I thought that you were just in there. I'm soooo sorry!!!!! I would stay if I didn't have Soul Food....I can get Hubby to watch him if that happens again. You need to let someone know how you've been in there 3/5 weeks. There are other people who are signed up for that. At least let them know that the scheduled people aren't showing up! You're not tattling, you're informing!

Have fun watching the movie!

Lots of Love!

Josy said...

Ugh, rude people! Last year Joe went to a little girl's birthday party, which happened to be the same day as his birthday, so Joe naturally tells people it's his birthday too. This other little boy at the party called him a liar and hit him! I consoled Joe, telling him that that little boy didn't know, so then Joe demanded that the little boy say sorry - ya know what that mom did! She laughed and made a comment about how funny Joe is saying it's his birthday. I looked at her and said that it is his birthday. But she never said a word to her son about hitting and name calling! I was so upset, as soon as cake was served I got Joe out of there. And people have the nerve to complain about the kids...so much of it is the parenting!

I hope your frustration with being in back gets better. I would say something!

Dawn said...

I am sorry you had to have that rude person say that. I was feeling like spitting just reading that. I hope I wasn't signed up for nursery but my postcard that was sent home said Rockers for worship was all that I was to do. I read it a few times this week to make sure i wasn't forgetting cause that one time I forgot I still feel like crap. I feel the same way about the nursery I feel like in Dec. I lived in there. I had a sucky month then being in there then christmas sucked cause we were sick and I kept wishing i'd been able to worship.My heart isnt' in that room like it used to be. I have a bad attitude and I think its cause you can really get burnt out. OK I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Have a good day!

girlie_mom said...

I told Baby about that and he just about had a coniption(sp???) I don't know why you all don't say anything. I know it is church and all, but there definately is a lack of respect from her and I feel she needs to be told. If she would ever (anyone for that matter) say anything to me like people have said to you all, I would not be silent. Respect is a two way street and just like driving, sometimes we forget the laws and someone calls us on it. At least this way she doesn't have to pay a $100 ticket! LOL But I was so angry when I read that. I for sure am going to follow you and Kelley around one Sunday, b/c I can't get over how much you guys are put down. I just don't stand for that in any way. I don't care what the situation is, there is NO place for behavior, attitudes, comments like that.

Ok so I am ranting, Iwill end now.

I gotta go clean for our company tomorrow:)

Love ya lots!

Kelley said...

I like that Minnie is going to follow us around....that would be soooo funny!!!! LOL! By the way, what do you mean you could never be mad at me, just kidding? LOL!

Lots of Love!

SebbieDue said...

OK, am I the only one who doesn't know who the rude lady is? I'm sorry that happened! And then, the nursery people not showing up! Is it the same ones that ditched Dawn in there? These are the kind of things we should really do the Matthew 18 principle for:

15"If your brother sins against you,[a] go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
18"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be[c]bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[d] loosed in heaven.


The Church at large has really let this principle go. We'd have a lot fewer people acting this way if we did this on a regular basis with the ones that do.

I know it's hard, but we are told to do it. It keeps us all accountable.

Well, I'm glad you got some rest anyway! Have a good week, Missy!

Much love!

Sara said...

What's wrong with people? I probably would have slapped her, but that's just me. Thanks so much for the encouragement about going back to work today! I really appreciate it!!! Love ya!