Saturday, January 14, 2006

Addicted!

I am soooooo addicted to these journals! I spent so much time reading journals and leaving comments yesterday that I didn't get to post....so I am going to try to post now!

So...Thursday night...came home from seeing KING KONG...(sorry for the typo.....but glad I could provide a few laughs for all of you...can I just say that Dawn is my true friend because she understood me! lol) ....it was an okay movie. Definitely not my type of movie...but okay! The special effects were really cool. I would see it again, I think. SO, the "movie event" went off without a hitch. I sat and worried through the whole thing...just me! I always worry that everyone has a good time, thinks it was a good event....blah...blah...blah. So, when it was over, I went home....and it began!

I walked in the door and my MIL was still there and she was holding FAB who was crying. I took her...she kept crying. MIL tells us that FAB wouldn't eat....wouldn't drink...and had pretty much been crying off and on all afternoon...and she was running a low-grade fever. Well, this is so not like FAB. She is such a happy baby! So....MIL leaves and Hubby keeps insisting it is just her teeth...but she is still crying. SO, after about 30 minutes of this..I get my shoes on and take her off to go to Urgent Care. I go to the one that is closest to our house first and they tell me that they will see her...but if they can't figure out what is wrong, they will send me to Children's Urgent Care. So, I asked if I would have to pay twice and they said yes...so I left and went to Children's Urgent Care. By the time I got there, FAB had finally quit crying and was drinking a bottle. SO, I pull up to the CUC and it looked closed. But it shouldn't have been....so I go up to the door and pull on it and yep! It was closed. A lady came out and told me they were having some "building problems" so they were closed and were telling people to go to Children's Hospital. SO, my $50 co-pay would become a $100 co-pay and a lot longer of a drive. SO....I decided that this was a sign that I wasn't supposed to take her tonight. SO we went home. She was whiny...but went to sleep early and slept all through the night.

SO, Friday I got up and went to the gym and then to work. I called Hubby and FAB had a fever when she got up. My parents were in town so they had the kids. SO, I got a doctor's appointment for FAB. Turns out she had an ear infection...so they put her on an anti-biotic. SO! Last night....she was really fussy...we gave her the first dose of the medicine.

Oh....we had dinner with my parents before they headed back to Tucky....then we came home and Hubby and I-Man went to a b-ball game. FAB and I went to sleep! Yep, we fell asleep around 7:15!

I got up this morning and went to the gym before anyone else was awake. When I was gone, FAB woke up with a rash on her face and her tummy. She is having an allergic reaction to the medicine. SO!!!!!!! WHat to do?!?!? I called a nurse and she told me to give her benadryl and to stop the medicine. BUT! I don't want to! I would rather put up with the rash and get her feeling better! I don't know what to do. By the time I got home from the gym...the rash was much better...but Hubby had already given her the second dose of the anti-biotic. So, now the rash is back. I just don't know what to do. I am so frustrated and ready for her to be better again!!!!

SO, I am probably going to miss PT practice tonight. I just don't feel right leaving my sick kid with anyone....she is so whiny....and snotty...and now blotchy.....ARGH! I am just grateful that this is all we are dealing with and not what Josy is dealing with. SO, I shouldn't complain!

WEll.....I have to go.......the whiny child is calling! I love you all and have certainly been thinking of you all a lot over the last few days. I so love all of you....my journal goddesses!!!!

6 comments:

Mandalynn said...

Poor FAB!!! I want to come over and give her a big ol' hug myself, but that might start the fussing up again!! LOL :) I hate it when our kiddos are sick :(

Glad the King Kong party went well :) That sounds like a fun part to your job :)

TTFN :)

Josy said...

Stop with the antibiotic, give her some Benadryl and then call the pharmacy. They can usually get a hold of the doctor (or a doctor) to get a different antibiotic the same day! We went through this with Joe (he had chronic ear infection for 3 months before he had tubes put in) and we found several antibiotics that he was allergic to, so we went through this several times! Oh, by the way, me (the Typo Police) hadn't even noticed it! I was like, huh?, so went back and looked. I totally knew that you were going to King Kong! How funny is that??

Sara said...

Poor FAB and poor you! I realize all too well now what it's like to deal with a cranky child! Hope she's better soon! Love ya!!!

girlie_mom said...

Man sick and whiny kids are the worst. And it is so not like FAB to be so fussy.

Thanks for the thoughts this week!

Lots of love

Kelley said...

FAB looked so pathetic that tonight that it was just so cute!!! I hope she gets to feeling better soon!
Hope I didn't pick on your hubby too much tonight! LOL! What a rehearsal!! AARRGGHH!
Lots of Love!

SebbieDue said...

I'm w/ Josy. Stop it now and call the pharmacy. Yang is allergic to lots of ABs and it gets worse w/ each dose. It can be dangerous, so don't give her anymore. I had to take Yang to Children's because of one of his reactions. The hives were so bad he was black and blue all over his little body. They called the police on us because the intern thought we had beat him!!!! Thankfully, the doctor in charge knew this could happen w/ hives, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been! But it did take over a week for the hives to completely go away (and it is so uncomfortable if the rash is hives...so itchy!) So stop the antibiotic, dear! :)

Much love!