Thursday, December 15, 2005

Quick Update

Well...I don't have much time....but I feel the need to update! I am sure you are all wondering what is going on in my oh so exciting life?!?!?!

Let's see....Wednesday.....was an okay day at work. It was, afterall, work. But with Stinky Pete in Chicago...it was bearable! Actually....it was a fun day at work! Got a lot done and got a lot of catching up with work friends done! After work I went and picked up the kids...we came home and fixed dinner real quick and then went to PT practice. It was so awesome! The songs are cool....the concept is cool....we are singing one of my all-time favorite songs..."Shout to the Lord"...and it just sounded awesome with all of us singing last night. Very cool. I also get to share one of my favorite Christmas traditions....for JJ and Queen....guess what it is.......yep! It is when our family sits around and sings Christmas carols on Christmas Eve. Absolutely hands down one of my favorite traditions/memories. So, I get to share that on Sunday and then we are going to sing around the piano. It will be cool! So, as HBM said...we TOTALLY need a babysitter for PT practices. It was very frustrating last night chasing after my little ones! Hubby helped...but it was still frustrating. I am blessed to have a Hubby that sees them as a joint responsibility and not just that I am the Mommy. You know how some men are like that!!!! So, after practice we came home and I finished a scarf and got a good start on another. I am a knitting fool these days! Hurrying to get things done by next weekend!!!

I had a conference call this morning at 5:50am...it was about the weather because Stinky Pete is in Chicago....I had to help him make the decisions about opening our branches. At that point in the morning...it was raining. Of course, a few minutes after we finished the call...it had turned to snow! The roads were a bit treacherous going into work...but not that bad! So...work was good again today...do you see a theme? Stinky Pete was still in Chicago and I had a good day at work....hmmmmm....funny how that works?!?!? I got a lot done and we had a carry-in...it was nice!

I talked to Betty (my friend from HS who married my cousin) and my friend whose Dad had a stroke....her brother came home from Africa - in the Peace Corp - to be with the family. Well, after being home for a week or so....he started feeling sick....turns out he has malaria! So, he is now in the same hospital as his dad...and very sick! That poor family!!! Please surround them in your prayers. The Dad is breathing on his own and they actually sat him up in a chair yesterday...they asked him last name and he got that right. Then he was alone in the room with his daughter (my friend) and he said "Old Man"....because he looks very old....and strange...wild eyes...they had to shave his head and beard.....and then he said "Fu**ers" because he was frustrated that the nurses/doctors won't leave him alone. Funny...huh? I said...well, it sounds like he is himself! But please pray for that family. Satan is attacking them hard...and when they already aren't Christians...I can't imagine where your mind goes when that stuff happens. Pray...pray...pray....

Well...I spoke to Queen today and it sounds like they are game to come over here for New Years Eve....COOL! Sister....what are you guys doing?!?!?! I think Daisy and BB are coming...and the Royals.....I probably will invite the other cousins......let me know!!!!!

Umm....sorry for the rest of you.....but I really communicate with my family this way!!!!

Let's see.....well, FAB has had a runny nose today...it is clear....but still...Hubby guilted MIL into coming over here and watching the kids tonight while we are at choir practice. The kids will be in the nursery the next two nights...so sparing them tonight is a good thing! Hopefully this doesn't turn into a full-blown cold! Last time she got teeth in...this happened...so hopefully that is all it is! Although, if a cold is all that she gets....I am fine with that!

Well...Hubby is cooking dinner.... I need to go help him! I will see you all soon.....busy next few days! But it is "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"!!!

Love you Journal Goddesses....and Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Sara said...

'Nothin like a wake up call with Stinky Pete first thing in the morning, huh? At least he's safely 2 states away! I really hope you all get a babysitter for practice. At least when I come back, Little Bit can stay home with her Daddy. I feel for you all!

So sorry about Betty's brother. I really hope they all come through this healthy and finding a relationship with God!

Kelley said...

So sorry about your friend. I know that some day they will find something that will be guaranteed to work to fight malaria. It has been extremely hard for my family with my mom having malaria! Must be Satan, because she got it on a missons trip!
I love ya, but I wouldn't want to talk to you at 5:50am, more or less Stinky Pete! YUCK!! LOL!
Glad we got to talk tonight at practice....and last night's practice ROCKED!
Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

I know God is at work at our church. I wanted to play "Shout to the Lord" for my piano audition for the PT. Then the next Sunday we sing it during the service. Now someone else says they love that song. Are we united or what?!!?!?! Something cool is going to happen soon.

Sorry about your friend. Glad work is fun. Hope we can make it to the show Sat. night.

Dawn said...

Hey girl!! I just love FAB she is the sweetest miss thang! I love that she seems to really like me also. I've never had someone elses kid act like they like me as much as she does. So cute!!! I LOVE Shout to the Lord also. Man we used to sing that song at least once a month at our last church and I loved it every time. Ya'll did so awesome tonight. I was glad we got to go. Hope ya got some of that cheesecake it was YUM!!! See ya sunday!! Hugs, Dawn