Saturday, December 17, 2005

I just LOVE the weekends!!!

So...why can't weekends be 5 days long and weeks be 2 days long?!?!? Oh well! Just one more week of work and then I am on VACATION!!!! Yeah, me!!!

SO! Hope all the journal goddesses are doing swell! Things are going well here! I mean, finances are still an issue....but I am just not going to let that get me down! Hubby is making much more money than he was when he was selling cars...but it will just take us a while to dig out of the mess we got into when he was paying cars....but....blah...blah....blah....we all have money problems, why are mine any different?!?!?

Yesterday was a LONG day at work! The kids didn't go to bed too easily for us on Thursday night...so it was a short night! I didn't get more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep....oh well! And then we had a meeting all day on Friday....it was better than they usually are...not as frustrating...but still made for a LONG day! But...it was a bit like Christmas for me....a lot of the things that I don't like about my job are going to be going away...so I will be able to focus more time and energy on the things that I do like...and be more effective! So, that will be a good thing!!! Yeah me! We kept joking all day that it was an early Christmas for me!!!

SO...after work....I rushed to get the kids....I actually stopped at Wal-Mart REALLY QUICK because I needed a white shirt to wear for our performance last night......the one I had was way, way too big on me....that is a good thing! So...then I went and got the kids....we came home and got ready for our cantata last night. MIL came and picked up the kids and took them to the church....I-Man was her date...we kept telling him. She actually kept him overnight last night...her boyfriend is out of town because his mother is very sick..... Anyways.....the performance went very, very good last night! Hopefully tonight will be even better! Everyone did great! I just love the last song....so cool...HBM does a FANTASTIC job!!! The whole thing just goes well! Cool! I know that we are blessed to have so much talent in our church! This is the first time that I have not had a solo....it is kinda nice to not have that nervous feeling before a solo.....I tease Hubby and tell him that the whole thing is kinda a solo for him since he is the only tenor. He is hoping that Elvis will sing with him next time! We'll see!

Can I just insert a little thought here.....I really do love our church....even with all the problems we have....I still feel so at home there. And I am blessed to have so many of my very best friends at that church....you all know who you are! I just love you all so much....and I am also glad to see that my Sister has found a church that she loves so much....that is very important to us!!!!

Okay.....so, after that we came home...I finished a scarf.....still have more to make in a week, YIKES! This morning...got up and went to the gym....met KK there at 8:00. That was fun! Then I went to the store to pick up a few things for Hubby's family Christmas tomorrow....and then came home. I have been catching up on journals and cleaning house and playing with the kids....and basically just enjoying being home! I think that I am going to skip out of work early on Monday and do a little shopping with KK....she is taking the day off. We'll see if Stinky Pete will cooperate with that.

I am really struggling with something.....since Christmas falls on Sunday....if we go to church....I won't get to see my Sister and Buford and spend time with my family on Christmas. That has me very upset....when I was telling Hubby about it...he said that we didn't have to go to church....but I just don't want to let anyone down if we aren't there.....but I also want to spend time with my family on Christmas. Plus, my dad has to work...but my mom is staying here....and I don't want her to be alone...that would be a very depressing Christmas.....I am just feeling very torn. Very, very torn. I don't know what to do.....

Okay....well, I better get back to cleaning. Hubby should be home any minute and I don't want him to think I just sat on the computer the whole time he was gone!!! I will see MOST of you tonight.......YEAH SPEEDY WILL BE THERE!!!!! And some of you tomorrow.....and some of you later this week......Love you all and praying that you all have a blessed weekend and week!

Love ya!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad things at work are looking up for you! Now if Stinky Pete would just "move on"....
I don't think you should feel bad about missing church to be with your family. That's my opinion anyway. I don't blame you for not wanting to miss being with Buford and JJ. Can't wait to see you tonight! Love ya!

Kelley said...

Wow! I had no idea that you wouldn't see your family if you came to church on Christmas. God will help you with your decision. Is Stinky Pete one of the things that are going away??????? Wouldn't that be nice?! See ya tomorrow! Lots of Love!

Jodi said...

first of all...the green font hurts my eyes...lol...you always whine at me when I use a font that hurts your eyes...so I'm whining...lol

I really hate the fact that dad has to work on Christmas...that just stinks big time...that's gonna be weird and throw everything off kilter anyway...

anyway, we may be able to pop over before heading to husband's dad's house...but if we're spending most all day Saturday together, I think we'll be ok...and then plus I'm staying up there for a few days after...so it's not like we're not going to see each other...I don't think you should rearrange anything for us anyway, because it really is looking like that we are going to want to be flexible because Weezie could just go anytime...(please pray...it has really hit home with husband this weekend and it's just been very sad)

It'll be fine...it'll be crazy and last minute and harried...but really it will be fine...stop stressing out....be thankful you have so many people to spend time with on Christmas!

I love you tons...and I'm thankful that you are in a church that you love and that we've found a church that we love...it was very frustrating getting to this point...but thank the Lord, we have a great church...it's not without its issues, but what church is...we are afterall, all imperfect humans...

::stepping off the lil soapbox::

love you...please don't stress...we'll figure it out! We'll be there sometime on Friday! See you soon! I can't believe it's here! I'm excited!

SebbieDue said...

Hey, girl! Another vacation?! You take more vacations than anyone I know!! lol! Glad your meeting went well at work. There's nothing better than doing work you enjoy.

God, family, others...those are our priorities. Sometimes we find that our family gets pooed on if we don't make them a priority, so we try to make it a point to keep family in its proper place in our lives. Don't know if that helps, especially when many of the others are church "family". It's a hard balance. Like Kelley said, God will help you make the decision and everyone will understand it. :)

It was interesting to see your FIL and his wife there last night! He came back and introduced her when they ran into me and CLW nursing in the rockers room. :O

Have a great night!