Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Loving Vacation!!!!

Gotta tell ya...I am loving being on vacation!!!! We slept in until about 8:30 this morning...that is when I-Man came in and told me he was hungry for breakfast. I swear that kid thinks about food ALL THE TIME! Cuz as soon as he was done with breakfast he wanted to know when and what was for lunch?!?!? Goofy kid!

So, I-Man and I left after he ate breakfast and met KK and her son at the gym. I-Man and L-Man hung out in the nursery together. They are so funny....they never really talk to each other..just play together. Funny boys! SO, KK and I worked out and laughed and had a good time. We are meeting there again every day this week!!! COOL!

After that, I went and picked up FAB at my mom's house and then we came home. I decided when I walked in the door that I was ready for the Christmas tree to come down. SO! I did just that! I took down the tree and put it all away. Hubby thinks I am crazy...but I was sick of the mess!!! And...we are having company for New Years and thought it would give us more room to have the tree down! I still have all my snowman stuff up...and our lights are still outside...but my tree is down!!! Then I swept (vacuumed) the whole house....then jumped in the shower!

Minnie and her family came over today. We always exchange gifts for our kids...so that was nice. She got FAB some more Weebles...and I was just saying we needed more! How cool! And they got I-Man some more dinosaurs. He was so excited! They stayed and visited for a while....their girls are so cute and sweet! It was good to visit with them. She got a sewing machine for Christmas too...aren't we just a couple of old ladies!!!!

Speaking of my sewing machine...my mom is coming over tomorrow to show me how to use it and help me get started on my vest! I am so excited! In the pattern kit that I bought...it has like 3 different styles of ponchos...so you might get one of those HBM! If you are a good friend and nice to me...just kidding!!! :)

So...after they left, Hubby went to work for a bit and the kids both went down for naps. I watched part of a movie and made plans with KK and Noey...another friend from work...to go out to dinner. So, I took the kids to my mom's house (they are going to spend the night there) and then went to dinner with the girls. We had a nice time...but I can only take so much of Noey because she is very negative!

Then KK and I went to Kohl's and looked around for a bit and then sat in their parking lot and talked and knitted....I had to show her how to do it again! Hopefully she got the hang of it!
Then I dropped her off and came home! I have my sewing machine out of the box and ready to go for tomorrow....I can't figure out how to thread the bobbin or the needle....so I hope that isn't a sign of what is yet to come! At least I look very domestic...with it set up and everything!!!!

Well...hope you are all doing well! I am off to finish that movie I started watching earlier and try to make a scarf for my mom. I bought some expensive and cool yarn to do it with...but I am having a really hard time getting going on it!!

Love and hugs to all!!!!!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Okay, the reason you can't get ready to do this scarf is because WE'VE BEEN KNITTING FOR MONTHS!!!! LOL! Glad you got your tree down. One of the first things that we will do Sunday afternoon (besides sleep, of course)! I'm so glad that you are having so much fun off from work. Do I sense a possible job change?!?!?! Can't wait to see you Sunday!! Have a great New Year's eve! Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

Just FYI I really had bought those Weebles for FAB before you even posted about needing them. Our kids just love each other. It is so funny to see Boo be aggressive. Pretty is sort of aggressive with her and FAB just wasn't having it. Hopefully they will be best buddies like I-man and Pretty. at least they will be in the same grade:) I know far away, but still.

Can't wait for the party, I have thought about getting Scene It for Pop culture or something...do you think that might be fun to play??

Just a thought. Glad we got to come over today.

Lots of Love.

SebbieDue said...

OK, this isn't fair! Your tree is down already? (I agree w/ hubby, you're crazy!) I thought I'd at least have a week after Christmas before I'd feel guilt about still having the tree up!!! Gracious!

My grandma bought Chelsea a sewing machine a couple years ago! Maybe Chelsea can give you some cool patterns...

Hope you enjoyed your movie! Much love!

Josy said...

Oh! You are in the same boat I'm in as far as sewing goes! Haven't done it for years...and very scared to try it! Let me know when you're ready for my curtains! LOL Too funny about I-man and food! He is just a sweetie!