Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday....Again!

Good Morning! Actually, I am not very happy that it is Monday already…but oh well! I only have 2 more weeks until a vacation! I can certainly handle that….if I keep telling myself that I can! I really don’t like feeling this way about work…but I can’t help it! It will get better soon, I am sure!

So…here is my “weekend in review”:

Friday…after a LONG day at work, I went to my mom’s house and got the kiddos. I stayed and visited with my mom for a bit then we headed home. The kids and I went outside and they played and I built a fire and had fun picking up sticks for the fire. Hubby stopped and got some stuff to grill out on the way home and then he came home and we did just that. Then we all came inside….I started feeling really sick. I was running a fever and just not feeling good. I couldn’t stop coughing and was so congested….not good since I was supposed to help lead worship at the Women’s retreat the next day! I didn’t do much Friday night…..except for whine. Hubby went and got me some more medicine, but I was still feeling really crappy. It was a long night of coughing and sneezing and stuff. But I actually woke up feeling better! Thanks for the prayers, HBM!

So, Saturday morning, I got up and got ready and after getting a guilt trip from I-Man (Mommy…why do you always have to leave? Why can’t you just stay home with me today?…man, kids are good at those guilt trips), I headed to the church for the Women’s Retreat. It was great, as usual. Girlfriend really does a great job putting it all together..and Mamie is a great speaker. So, that was fun. I had to leave early, which I hated to miss any of it…but I had to go to I-Man’s soccer game!

So, I left and met my family at the soccer game. Hubby had to run home because he forgot I-Man’s soccer socks. Good thing we live close! My mom came and so did FIL and SIL #1. It was fun…watching I-man. My mom had a good time. She joined the “family tunnel” as I-Man called it and thought that was the highlight of the day. My little guy…I am just so proud of him!

After the soccer game, we went home and just took it easy the rest of the day…..until Praise Team practice. That was fun…but not as much as normal because HBM wasn’t singing…so we didn’t get to goof off as much as we normally do. I-Man was cracking me up because he was selling his candy bars. He was such a good little salesman! Actually, between PT practice and breakfast at church the next morning, he sold all of his candy bars! He was so cute….how could you turn him down? We are going to sell another box because he gets more prizes the more boxes he sells. And Hubby thinks he can sell a lot at work. But I am digressing!

After PT practice, we stopped at the store for ice cream and then came home…gave the kids baths….and that was about it! I curled FAB’s hair again. She does so good with those sponge rollers…and she had fun handing them to me when I was ready to put another one in her hair. So cute!

Sunday….we got up and went to church…we got there about 9:30..so we had breakfast there. Church was good….I-Man did pretty good in big church. He talked and whined some, but overall he did pretty good! After church, we stayed and helped tear down the stage and then we were all going out to lunch with a big group of people. Well, I-Man asked Hubby if he could ride with Pita Pocket and his family. Hubby said yes. Then MIL got involved. Apparently, she pulled I-Man aside and told him that if he didn’t ride with her then she was just going to go home. ARGHHHH. Well, I-Man didn’t fall for that. He stuck to his guns and wanted to ride with Pita Pocket. MIL was going to go anyways (even though I could care less if she went….especially now)…but then the place we were going to go to was too crowded, so she decided not to go. She aggravates the snot out of me sometimes….and then Hubby defends her…saying she has a lot going on right now. I just want to spit! Oh well. I need to drop it. If Hubby said some of the things about my mom that I say about his mom…I would probably strangle him. SO….I need to pray about that. But seriously….she has issues! Oh well. I am stuck with her…and FIL…and both of my SILs….like it or not! Right?!??!!?

So, after lunch, we went home. Hubby and I-Man went to the park and FAB and I took naps. I didn’t sleep much because I kept coughing. So, then Hubby napped and I got up with the kids. We had a very lazy day! Well, when it was time for Women’s Group, I just really didn’t feel like going. I am reading a good book…and just didn’t feel like leaving the house. I can be a home-body sometimes….and I was last night. Just tired, not feeling well, wanted to read….we have something going on nearly every night and I just wanted to relax. Plus, I-Man was guilting me again. So, I didn’t go! Sorry Girls….I missed you all! I really needed to see Detergent and get her help on my purse…but maybe some other time!

So, that was my weekend in a nut-shell! Busy, as usual! We have both soccer and t-ball for the next two Saturdays…and then soccer is over and t-ball moves to Tuesday & Thursday nights for games. So, we are looking forward to having our weekends back! And we are looking forward to making a trip down to Kentucky! Hubby still hasn’t seen my parents new house…and it has been a long time since he was in KY…and since March for me! So, it is definitely time for us to go down…but we have been busy with I-Man having stuff on Saturdays! Once that is over, just our weeks will be busy and our weekends will slow down!

Well, I better get to work! I am sure that Stinky Pete will be calling me any minute! I hope you all have a great Monday and I will talk to you soon! Love you!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Now, why in the world would your MIL guilt I-Man like that? I'm so glad he didn't give in! My dad's mom was like that. She could be very manipulative!

Sorry that you're still sick. I hope you get over this soon! It's no fun being pregnant and not being able to take much when you're sick!

I hope S.P. doesn't bother you much today! Have a good one!

Kelley said...

I hope your hubby wasn't too mad about the whole situation. I just felt that you needed to know. I certainly would have wanted to tell me if my parents or in-laws did that to Pita Pocket!

You bet I prayed for you Friday night!!!! I would have marched over to your house and pulled you out of bed Saturday morning if I had to!!! LOL! I'm glad you are feeling better though! Sinus infections and all that mess was AARRGGHHHH for me when I was pregnant!

Hope Stinky Pete leaves you alone today. Tell him that you are contagious and that you need to be left alone because the slightest movement can move the germs to him and he could be in bed for days! LOL!

Lots of Love!