Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!!!!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! Not that we are going to do anything to celebrate it here at work, but I feel like a party today! So, maybe I will have my own little fiesta at my desk! I think I will have to eat Mexican for lunch today, in honor of Cinco de Mayo. Hmm…

SO! I am so very happy with my Vera purchases from yesterday! All three pieces that I bought are lime green! I bought a backpack, a cute “hobo” purse and a wallet. I am very anal that my wallet has to match my purse. That drives KK crazy. But it has to match! So, it all matches. Here is how my conversation with Hubby went:

Me: So, I saved you some money on my Mother’s Day present today!
Hubby: What did you do? It better not be a purse!
Me: Well, listen to what happened.
Hubby: Woman, it better not be a purse!
Me: Just listen to what happened.
Hubby: You bought a purse!
Me: Listen….(so I explained the story about the lady I work with…blah…blah)
Hubby: How much did you spend?
Me: $60 (bit of a fib b/c it was actually $70) BUT one of the purses normally sells for
$80! So, that is a great deal!!! And, I might give the other purse to JJ if she
likes it.
Hubby: That is a good idea! Give her one of them.
Me: So you aren’t mad?
Hubby: No…if you would’ve said $160 I would’ve just hung up the phone!
Me: Laughing

SO! He was proud of my bargain! Well, proud might be a strong word…but you get my drift! Then last night, I was showing him my purchases (my babies) and he said “As if that is the only thing you are going to get for Mother’s Day. We are going to be Gatlinburg. I know you so well.” But really, the only thing that I ever REALLY want to buy when we are down there is a new quilt for our room. So, that isn’t really just for me. That is for both of us. He kinda laughed at that….but we’ll see!

So…..LOVE my new Veras. I am going to stop talking about it now because I am sure it is getting on your nerves!

So, yesterday at work…..I filled my dumpster in about 15 or 20 minutes. So, I didn’t get as much done as I wanted to do. But, I got a good start. And the pack-rat lady didn’t even get in my way. She questioned me on one thing and I explained to her that we don’t need ATM balancing sheets from 1993 anymore…no body expects us to still have that stuff…and she dropped it. So, that went good!

After work, I went to my MIL’s house to get the kids. They had a good time and came home with a bunch of junk! Why is it that Grandparents buy so much stuff for grandkids?!?! It is ridiculous! Oh well. They had gone to garage sales and Odd Lots. I guess I-Man told his Mimi that they needed to buy stuff for vacation. Since I bought him swim-trunks, he had to get water shoes, goggles and a floatie. Geesh! Oh well. Just more clutter for our house!

We left there and went home and Hubby was mowing the yard. The kids had fun playing outside for a bit….FAB got absolutely filthy. It is funny to me that I-Man has never liked getting dirty, but FAB doesn’t mind it at all. Funny. So, I made dinner….but we didn’t have time to eat it. We had to rush off to t-ball practice. I left t-ball practice early because we had I-Man’s kindergarten parent-teacher meeting last night.

SO! Here begins this saga….I get to the meeting and get my packet of information – including I-Man’s scores from the testing. So, I open the test and nearly start crying. His score was 88 out of a possible 200. Well, I just thought he would’ve done better than that. But, I have to remind myself that he is only 4! Most of the kids are 5 or 6. So, then they started talking and come to find out…the average score was 105, so I felt much better about everything. Well, maybe not much, but better. So, the meeting was very informative and I got to meet the principal, the nurse, the guidance counselor and two of the Kindergarten teachers. They both seemed very nice. Well, I decided right then that the only way we are sending him in the fall is if we can 1) get him into the Kid’s Club program (I will tell you about that in a minute) and 2) if we can afford the Kid’s Club program.

Basically, the Kid’s Club program is a whole day program that costs $70 a week (not including lunches). He will go to normal kindergarten in the morning, lunch and recess and then to Kid’s Club – which is like an educational preschool where they build on what they are learning in kindergarten. It just gives them more exposure and more help to what they are learning in class. It is taught by a kindergarten teacher too. SO. There are only 24 spots for Kid’s Club and they are filling it based on scores and interest first. So, the kids with the lower scores will have a better chance of getting in the program. The application is due by May 19…I turned mine in last night. I already knew that I wanted to do that.

So, I get home and tell Hubby all of this. We both got very upset. We were just blaming ourselves…..we should’ve been working harder with him and just basically how bad of parents we are. You know how that goes. And then there is the whole money thing. I don’t know how we are going to be able to afford that $70 a week, plus child-care! Now, granted, for October, November and December, we will only have that $70 a week. We won’t have any other child-care expenses because I will be home with the baby and FAB. But, in January, we will have both expenses! So, we just have to figure out how we are going to make that work. They give you a discount if you can pay $2,000 up front (where would that come from?), or you can pay it in installments, or monthly or bi-monthly. Oh, the joys of parenting!!!! So, we will see! Hopefully we will know for sure if he got in by June so we can start saving or working extra or something! So, please keep that in your prayers. This is a tough decision. And then, as I was walking home from the meeting (because we live so close!)…I just kept thinking how un-real it is that I-Man is old enough for kindergarten! Time FLIES by. I mean FLIES! And then…I keep thinking that I can’t believe we have another kid on the way. What were we thinking?!?!?!??! Oh, that’s right, we weren’t!

So, we got FAB to bed and then we watched Survivor. It was good again last night! I love it when there are twists and turns! SO glad that Shane is gone…..but it doesn’t look too good for Terry to win unless he goes up against Danielle…although, Sirie (or however you spell her name) has lied to a lot of people now. So, maybe they wouldn’t vote for her. Who knows. This has been a very good season!

That was about it for us yesterday! I hope you all have a FABULOUS Friday and a great weekend! We are going to the “Beautify Bethany” thing at church tonight (helping plant flowers and stuff like that). Tomorrow, I-Man has a soccer game and t-ball practice and then we have a birthday party to go to! So, a busy day! And then on Sunday, church and then FAB and I are walking in a Walk for Women’s Wellness. SO, a busy weekend, as usual!

Love you all!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

There is no possible way that you should be blaming yourself about I-Man's score. Remember this, some people are not good test takers. Also remember that he is four, not six...that is a HUGE difference when it comes to learning...A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

I'll be praying for the money situation. God will provide with whatever He wants you all to do....we wouldn't make it without God!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful Cinco de Mayo...this is SIL and BIL's ONE year anniversary!

Lots of Love!

Dawn said...

OH yes girl please don't blame yourself I totally agree age 4 and 5 and 6 are so different. Gosh they learn so much just in a 6 months time frame even. He will do totally fine and trust me kindergarten is so easy. What we were told to work on with Madison was the sounds the letters made and that was about it. I guess she knew how to count to 30 (that was what they liked at her school and they wanted them to kinda know some of the sounds the letters made) He's a fast learner he'll just do fine. I'll be praying for the money situation and that he gets a spot in the afterschool program that sounds like a terrific thing. YAY on the purses I can't wait to see them!!! HUGS GIRL!