Saturday, May 20, 2006

Busy Day!

Today has been a busy…but good day! We got up this morning…earlier than the past two days…but we got up and I-Man doesn’t forget a thing! When we were leaving Pigeon Forge, he wanted to eat breakfast at Krispie Kreme…we told him no because they don’t have a sit-in place to eat like the one here, so I told him that I would take him one other day this week. Well, he wanted me to take him there yesterday, but since we slept in so late and we were meeting Minnie and her girls for lunch, I told him we would go today. So, I woke up to I-Man in my face saying “Doughnuts Mommy!” So, we all got up and Hubby and I showered and then we headed to Krispie Kreme. The kids had fun watching them make the doughnuts and eating them. They were a royal mess…but that is half the fun, I guess!

So, we left there and FAB and I dropped Hubby and I-Man off at the house and headed out to some garage sales. We went to this church one up the road and I bought a bouncey-seat/toddler rocker thing for $4.00. It looks brand new…and still had the box even…so I think I got a good deal! We left there and went in search of the one that Sebbiedue told us about…I couldn’t find it because I thought it was on David Road, but it was on Far Hills Road….so we just drove around and looked at other sales. We saw some “illegal ones” as my Dad calls them…and I did see a nice car seat at one…but it was $50! I could buy a brand new one for that much! So, Hubby called me and told me where the one Sebbiedue was talking about was at. We went there and they had one car-seat left (it looked like they probably had a lot…but they had been sold already). It was an off-brand and didn’t have a base…so I didn’t buy it. SO! We only spent $4.00! That isn’t bad…and it is a really nice thing. FAB can sit in the rocker thing and she likes it. I don’t want her to get too attached to it before the baby gets here, though.

So, we came home and I packed lunches for all of us and we headed out for I-Man’s t-ball pictures. They were running behind and we were starting to panic that we would miss the putt-putt thing. So, we asked to move I-Man’s pictures up to the front of the line and they did. So, the kids and I ate our lunches in the van while Hubby bought the pictures and then we were off to putt-putt!

It was a very cheap outing…only $4.50 per adult and I-Man was free! And that was for 36 holes of golf! I think that 18 would’ve been enough…but it was cheap and I-Man had fun! Many Kids and her family were in front of us and HBM and her family were behind us. It was fun. I wish we could’ve spent more time with everyone…but it is kinda hard to do that at an event like that. MIL was there and she watched FAB during the 2nd round of 18 holes….so that was nice.

We left there and headed to Dairy Queen. We had good company and good ice cream there…and then came home. FAB went right to sleep – it was way past her naptime! Hubby went to work for a bit…I-Man was playing games….I did some housework and then we all got together and grilled out and ate outside at the picnic table. We had a nice dinner!

Then we headed off to PT practice. It was good to be back up on stage again and singing with HBM again. There were some “argghhhh!!!!!” moments at practice…but overall, it was good. I just have a really hard time breathing. Oh well! We are having a hard time finding someone to take care of the kids during practices….I am hoping that MIL will watch our kids…but I seriously doubt she will commit to doing it every Saturday night. It cuts into her social life and bar hopping too much. I am having a really bad attitude about her again….I guess I just don’t understand how she chooses her boyfriend over my kids so much. I understand that she needs to have a social life…but it seems to me that she picks her boyfriend over my kids way more than the other way around. I am having a hard time not being vocal about it to Hubby…..but…I bet when SIL’s baby is born, she will have to watch her baby a lot….so maybe that is what she is thinking. Who knows! Anyways….if MIL can’t watch our kids every Saturday, then either Hubby or I will have to take turns sitting out of PT to be with the kids. Although, I don’t know how long I will stay up on stage anyways with the pregnancy. I am really trying to listen to God and be obedient to what He wants me to do…..I know that sounds weird…but maybe this is God’s way of telling me something. We’ll see! At any rate, it was great to be up there singing again tonight. And we are singing some really good songs!!!

We came home from PT and I sat and played with FAB for a bit. She is so stinking cute! Hubby called MIL and I-Man is spending the night with her tonight. She hasn’t seen much of the kids lately…so she just came and picked him up. I doubt she will get much time with him tonight because he has to be tired. He had no nap today…he got up early and we have been running all day! But oh well! Hopefully they make it to Sunday School in the morning! She couldn’t handle FAB too….plus FAB was already in bed when she got here. I told Hubby to tell his mom that we had plans after church tomorrow…otherwise she would get her panties in a pinch if we don’t have lunch with them. Can you tell she is on my nerves?!?!?!? Oh well!!!!!!!!

SO! That is about it! I am going to be a busy hostess in June! Whatever weekend (of the two we are tossing around) that Sister and I don’t throw my parent’s anniversary party, I am going to be throwing my SIL’s “family” baby shower! Lord knows Hubby’s other sister won’t throw her a shower…cuz she is a mooch…so I guess that leaves me! I am just waiting for someone at the church to approach me about throwing her a church shower….but I don’t think I should have to do that one too! And besides…HBM told me that it wasn’t proper etiquette for me to do that. So, we will see!

Well, I am really rambling now. I am pretty tired. I think I am going to find a movie to watch and go to bed! I will see most of you tomorrow! Love ya and have a great night and a great Worship tomorrow!

Ta-Ta

3 comments:

Kelley said...

You crack me up!!! Yep, you are right....a friend of the family should throw that party. I would think that some of your MIL's friends would throw something for her! I like the idea of you throwing a family party. That is very nice of you!!!

I wish the kids could be watched too. I know that they aren't too much trouble, I guess just the committment to every Saturday is the problem. God will send us an answer!

Had fun today! It was so good to sing with ya!!!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

Don't worry. If no one else speaks up, then I will step up and throw SIL's church shower. I just feel bad b/c I don't think there would be that many people there...

Glad you had a good weekend, though and a nice vacation even if it's "over". I don't blame you about MIL's behavior. I'd be ticked too! I'll see you in a couple of hours! Love ya!

Jodi said...

Random comments...lol

first of all...the fleece blankets you make are the bomb....husband and I fight over the one you gave us for Christmas all the time...lol

I just laughed out loud at work because I just read that last part of your Friday entry about I-man be renamed to Scooby Dooby....his mind works in such a cool way! Gotta love that I-man...err I mean Scooby Dooby! lol

Third...I'm beginning to be so thankful that my MIL lives hundreds of miles away....maybe that's not such a bad thing after all? lol

seriously....praying for you sis! love you