Friday, May 19, 2006

Last Day of Vacation :(

Hola Ladies! I hope you are all doing great on this Friday evening! I just thought I would pop in really quick and keep up with everyone! I have enjoyed this last day of vacation….yes, I still have the weekend, but I would have the weekend even if I was working, so technically, today was my last day of vacation. I know, I am weird! But…next weekend is a 3 (maybe 4) day weekend, so that is very cool! I am thinking of taking Tuesday, the 30th off because that is the day that we find out the sex of the baby. So, rather than going to work, leaving to go to the ultrasound and then going back to work, I might just take the whole day off. We’ll see. I will let the weather help me decide that. If it is a beautiful day….maybe I will just take off!

Anywho, like I said….I am enjoying the last few hours of vacation. Yesterday, we didn’t do much of anything! Like I told you, I-Man didn’t want to go anywhere…and it was so rainy. We just took it easy around the house all day and that was so nice. I can’t even tell you the last time we did that! When Hubby got home from work, he took I-Man to the grocery and FAB and I just played and played until it was time for her to go to bed. She can be so sweet and adorable sometimes…and a pure brat others! Today, I saw this shirt for I-Man (didn’t buy it…but I should’ve) that said “I’m the Good Kid…My sister’s the brat!”. I thought some people might find that shirt offensive…but it is true sometimes! She aggravates him and we get on him for aggravating her…but if you really watch, she eggs him on! What a little Diva. And then she just sits back and laughs when he gets in trouble. I bet I did that to my sisters too….right JJ?

So, anyways….yesterday was a day full of a whole lot of nothing! It was wonderful!!!! Today, the kids slept in until after 9:00…yep! You read that right, 9:00! That is SOOOOO unlike my kids…but I LOVED it! We got up and had waffles (the frozen kind..not the Josy kind) and then I got ready and got the kids ready and we went to meet Minnie and her girls at Chic-F-Le. We had a good time. FAB finally went all the way up in the playland thing and then she wouldn’t come down. I-Man and Pretty tried to coax her and help her down, but she wouldn’t do it. Truthfully? She was pooping! SO, anyways, Minnie was kind enough to go up in there and get her. Bless her heart. So, we all went to the bathroom…what a fiasco…and Minnie was kind enough to remind me that soon I would be doing that with 3 little ones. Thanks Minnie!!!! Then we headed to the mall. We had a good time…rode the Merry Go Round and did some shopping and then headed home. It was fun! I haven’t done that in a long time.

We came home…FAB fell asleep on the way home…and then I put her in her crib for a nap and I-Man went outside to play soccer. I sat out there and watched him and made some calls for the party. My sister and I are going to throw my parent’s a 40th Anniversary Party. Well, it looks like it is going to be at my house because all of the Kettering and Beavercreek parks are booked for the dates we need. We are going to look into renting a tent…cuz that would be nice to have in case it rains. I love hosting parties, so it will be fun, even if it is a lot of work. We only have a month to pull this off. We aren’t sure if it will be a surprise or not. Our parents are hard to surprise because they are very “fly-by-the-seat-of-their-pants” and also Dad has crazy work hours…so we might have to tell them in order to ensure they will be here. We haven’t figured that out exactly yet. We are going to wait until the cruisers get back and ask Aunt Chatty Cathy if she thinks we can pull it off…..Sister has this cool idea of playing the Newlywed Game with our parents and the cruisers (or some of them)….so it should be a fun party. And she wants dancing….because no party of my mom’s would be right without dancing! So, it should be a good time. We’ll see! I wish we had more money to do this with…but neither of us are rich…..so we will do the best we can!

So, anyways….I was making calls about that and then we came inside…..HBM had a good idea to go see a movie tonight. Well, FAB wouldn’t do well at a movie, so I told her we couldn’t go. But when Hubby came home, we decided that I-Man and I would go on a date to see “Over the Hedge”…so we did! It was funny. Although, I-Man told me that we were not on a date because “dates are for boys who get married”. Hubby and I asked him if we could get that in writing. What a funny kid! Anyways, so I-Man and I did that and then we came home. It was a good idea…thanks HBM!

So, that is about it! FAB is in bed….Hubby is off picking his sister up from work and taking her home….boy she needs to get a car! And get this….MIL left work early today because she wasn’t feeling well….but she is out bar-hopping with her boyfriend tonight. NICE. Did I say that out-loud? Sorry. I-Man is watching Scooby Dooby. Did I tell you all that he decided if we have a boy that we would name the boy I-Man and rename him Scooby Dooby. What a silly kid?!??!

I am off to work on a blanket for SIL’s baby. It is just one of those fleece things…so don’t get too excited! She bought some fleece on clearance and asked me to make it for her.

Hopefully I will get to the great sale that Sebbiedue told me about via email tomorrow. We’ll see! Hubby is going to mow the yard, so I will have to bring the kiddos. And then we have t-ball pictures and then putt-putt golf with church…and then PT practice! Hopefully it is a beautiful day tomorrow!

Y’all have a great night and I will “talk to you” later! Love ya!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

WHAT??!?!!!?! You ditched us and then went anyway!?!??!?! LOL!

I'm sorry that your vacation is ending. I totally forgot that Memorial Day is coming up. Without me teaching, I have no clue when holidays are! LOL!

Can't wait to see ya tomorrow!

Lots of Love!

SebbieDue said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation! Wonderful planning to follow it up w/ a short week, huh?

Have a wonderful weekend! See you Sunday! Much love!

Mandalynn said...

I'm glad you had a great leisurely vacation!! Bummer about having to go back to work, but it's a holiday weekend :)

Cool about your parent's party, too :) I'm all for the dancing & watching the Newlywed game!! :)

Okay, better go...talk to ya later :)