Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hump day!

Hello My Lovelies! I hope you are all doing well on this GORGEOUS Hump Day! I had a really hard time getting up this morning…just didn’t want to do it! Then…when I was on my way to work, I was just marveling at how beautiful the sunrise is and how amazing God’s creations are. So, I guess there are perks to getting up so dag-gum early. (as HBM would say!)

So, yesterday, I called my family doctor. I go to a practice and my normal doctor was booked for the day, but they could get me in with one of the other doctors. So, I made the appointment! I took off and went to the doc. He thinks my problem is allergies. Now, I am nearly 30 (AHHH!) and I have NEVER had problems with allergies before. He did think that was odd…but that is what my symptoms look like. He said that the past two weeks have been the worst pollen season we have seen in this area. Add that to the fact that I am pregnant…there isn’t much he can give me. GREAT! So, he did give me samples (enough for 6 – 8 months) of a nasal spray. He told me that it didn’t work over-night. It might take 10 days (he said)…so in other words….”If you are still stuffed up tomorrow, don’t call me!” Oh well. At least I know I am not dying or something. Actually, I can tell a bit of a difference already! I am still snotty and hacking….but what can you do? He also said that typically women in their 3rd trimesters also have problems with this. So, that is why he gave me so much of the sample…so I would have it in my 3rd trimester if I need it. That was nice of him…so I didn’t have to pay for a prescription! Every time I have been to my family doctor’s office they have given me samples. I love that!

So, then back to work. Again, a long and boring day. There just isn’t much going on at work right now. KK and I decided it is either feast or famine and we are in a famine right now. This is nice on one hand, because we get all caught up…but on the other hand, it is boring and makes the days go by so slow!!!! ARGH!

So, after work, I went to Scrapbook Queen’s house to pick up the kids. They had a good time! I-Man was playing a play-station game when I picked them up…that was probably the high-light of his day! That and the fact that SQ took a picture of him with his tongue out. He thought that was funny. So, we came home and the kids played with their tents…and fought over their tents…and drove me CRAZY!

So, Hubby came home from work and he had his new toy. He was so excited. He got a laptop for work. It is a Dell and is very nice. He has 3 days of training on it…..and he really needs it, bless his heart. I fear that he really needs more of a “how to use a laptop training” instead of “how to run our program training”. But, I am sure he will figure it out. Of course the first thing he showed me was how he could pull up the Cincinnati Reds’ website. Woooppee!! But he was excited about his new toy.

I didn’t feel like cooking dinner (big surprise there!), so we went to Skyline for dinner. We ran into one of SIL’s old boyfriends there and talked to him for a while. I always liked him. Oh well! Then Hubby had to go to a customer’s house and the kids and I went to Meijer. We had fun shopping there. I remember why I hate that place, though. They never have enough lines open….and the customer service is the pits. Oh well!

We came home and I gave the kids baths. Man….I have a bad back so usually Hubby gives them baths. Well, add the bad back to being pregnant and it was hard work! They had fun playing in the water and then I got FAB out and I-Man was so proud of himself because he got himself out and all dried off and his robe on all by himself! He was so proud! Hubby was surprised when he came home that I had given them baths. So, we got the kids to bed early (8:30) and then Hubby and I watched AI.

Here is my take on AI: Elliott did a good job. He is just not my favorite for some reason. But he is rarely (if ever) out of tune….so he did a good job last night. Paris did alright. I am still just not a big fan of hers. But, whatever. Katherine did horrible on the first song and good on the second one. Not really sure that I liked the whole crawling around on the floor thing or the song, but it was good. Chris did great, as usual. The second song was too high and he over-sang it. But I still think he will win. Taylor, well, I just love him. I thought he did great on both songs. He is just a performer and I think that is why Simon doesn’t like him. Whatever he sings he puts on a performance. Plus he is the same age as I am…so I love him! But I don’t think he will win. It will be interesting to see who goes home tonight. At this point, I don’t really care because they all deserve to be there and they will probably all have albums eventually anyways!

So, after we watched AI, I went to bed and read a little bit before I fell asleep. And that was it! Not a very exciting day in our household! Well, I hope everyone has a great day! It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day….so I really don’t want to be at work today! I wish I was anywhere but here!!!! Love you all!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Boys and their toys! When my hubby got his laptop for school (Dell, of course) he spend days playing around. Weird!

I agree with your views on AI. I might like Paris more if she didn't talk like she's a toddler.

Sorry you didn't get a quick fix at the doctor's, but hopefully this allergy stuff will help you faster than he said!

Have a good Wednesday! Love ya!

Kelley said...

Oh MY!!!!! 3rd Trimester???? I hope you feel a ton better...tell them you want another Z-pac!!!

It is beautiful here too! We're going to the park later today!!!

I'll be readin' ya'lls comments about AI....I don't want to wait till Sat. to find out how got booted off! Crawling on the floor?

Have a good one!

Lots of Love!