Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hump Day!

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you are all fine on this gorgeous Hump Day! I am doing fine. I am getting very aggravated with myself. I have to get up and go potty at least once or twice every night…and then I cannot go back to sleep! I lay there and lay there and lay there and just cannot fall to sleep! So, then..when it is time to get up…I am exhausted! It is driving me crazy! I know that part of the problem is that I am not exercising like I was and that really helped me to sleep better….but it is hard to exercise when you are pregnant! So, that is driving me crazy. ARGH!

Let’s see….well, after work yesterday, I went and picked up the kiddos. They were in rare form. Both I-Man and C-Man had t-ball games last night…so they were excited and bouncing off the walls with excitement. So, I got the kids home…fed them a quick “snack” and then Hubby came home and we were off to the first t-ball game.

Let me tell you, it was an experience! In Pony T-Ball, everybody gets to bat in the inning…so, since we had 13 kids on our team and they had 15 kids on their team….they each only got to bat twice! Also in T-Ball, you get to run one base at a time (even if they by some miracle get you “out”). And the last batter gets to run all the bases. So, it was fun. It really is just about getting kids comfortable with the concept and having fun while doing it. KK and her husband (who is the COACH) are out of town…so it was just me and Hubby. Well, thankfully when we got there, many of the other parents helped out…especially since Hubby and I had never been to a T-Ball game before…and neither had the other coach of the other team! SO, THANK GOODNESS that one of the Dad’s on our team had been a coach last year…he was a lifesaver! My job was to keep the kids in the right order on the bench and make sure they didn’t kill each other while they were sitting there…oh! And it was also my job to put their batting helmets on them. It was fun….but I was exhausted afterwards!!!! Then, I had to go turn in the candy money….it was a busy night with I-Man’s activity!!!!

I-Man did really good, though. His first time that he got to go home…he decided to do some sort of a slide-thing. Well, he was wearing SHORTS….so he skinned his knee up a bit. He didn’t cry (because that wouldn’t have been cool), but I had to put water on it to clean it and then a bandaid. But he did really good hitting the ball…and then he played “2nd Base” and did pretty good when the ball was hit to him. I was so proud! FIL was there and he helped out by being a base-coach. I was proud of him because I thought he would for sure try to take over and tell Hubby what to do…but he didn’t! And MIL was there and she really helped by watching FAB. So, it was a good evening!!!

Tonight, Hubby’s biological grandpa (that is what I call him because it is his dad’s dad, but he wasn’t a big part of their lives, like his step-grandpa was) is coming over to visit. He lives in Naples, Florida and is up here visiting his brother or someone…..so, that should be interesting! I have only met him once…..I think 3 years ago and he made a comment then about how overweight Hubby and I are…so I wonder what he will say this time! He also kinda ignored me last time…turned his back from me to talk to Hubby…so I hope he doesn’t stay long. BUT….it is nice that he is coming to visit. The weird thing is….he isn’t going to see FIL while he is here….only us! That is one weird family. He doesn’t get along with FIL – never really has. And since FIL left MIL, he hasn’t even talked to him. So, it will be an interesting evening, that much is for sure. I just hope he leaves before AI starts!

Okay…so AI was great last night! I got so excited about going to that concert while I was watching it!!!! That is going to be so much fun! Taylor did AWESOME…and I thought it was obvious that the judges, the audience…and even the former Idol contestants were cheering for Taylor. So, hopefully he wins! I will be very disappointed if Kat wins….VERY! But…I really can’t say anything because I didn’t vote! I almost did last night…but then I just went to bed instead!

Well, that is about it! Have a great day…..keep Minnie in your prayers as she interviews for this teaching position today. Love you all!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

So glad the game went well! I like the concept of the children just learning and having fun instead of "we won/they lost" at this age!

Funny that your hubby's grandfather is seeing ya'll and not FIL. I just find that wierd that he's coming all the way up here and not seeing him at all. Maybe he's coming to give ya'll the inheritance early!!! LOL!

Lots of Love!

Jodi said...

hey sis...I got very excited about going to the concert too!! especially if Taylor sings that song at the end at the concert...that was so awesome!!

So I did vote but I was only able to get through one time...the phone line was that busy...so hopefully a good sign for Taylor....

Thank you for sharing I-man stories! I'm so happy he is involved with t-ball n stuff...and that you all are so involved too...what good memories and lessons you are teaching your children!

Good luck with the whole bio g-father thing tonight...those kind of things can be really uncomfortable to endure...

have a great day!

Sara said...

It sounds like I-man really had a good time. I agree with Kelley that it's nice at his age to not bring in win/lose. I love that!

Hope the visit with the grandfather goes well. If he's not leaving by the time AI comes on, feign extreme exhaustion! :)