Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekend Update

Hola Ladies! I have been reading your entries....but haven't updated! Not a lot going on really! But here is the weekend report.....(I know you are on the edge of your seats!!!!)

Friday...after work....oh, I remembered when I looked at my Palm Pilot in the morning (thank goodness for that thing!) that the kids were both due for their 2nd flu shot! So, I had to leave work early and went and got them from my mom's house. She had taken the kids to Value City and bought a Scobby Dooby (or Scooby Doo to most people) an air-popcorn maker for $9.99. It was VERY cute! The popcorn comes out of his mouth and goes into a "bone-shaped" bowl. SO! I told I-Man that if he was a brave boy for his shot, that I would go and get him one for our house too.....we all love popcorn and it doesn't take oil or anything so it is not bad for you! SO! I took the kids to get their shots....they both did good, actually better than me! It sucked that it was a $20 co-pay for each kid! What a rip!!!! OH well! If it keeps them from getting the flu....I will live with it!

SO! We went to Value City and got that popcorn maker....and then we asked Hubby to stop and buy popcorn on his way home. He did....we made some popcorn and we put it in a bag. Hubby and I-Man went to a b-ball game...so they took it with them! So, they went to the game with MIL and SIL #1.....and FAB and I went shopping for a bit....just to the dollar store so I could get a few things for the baby shower....and then to ElderBeerman to pay my bill....and they were having a really good sale...so I got a few things. Everyone in the store just kept commenting on how cute FAB is...and talking to her. She was just eating it up! She knows that she is stinking adorable!!!!

So, then we came home....FAB went to bed....and I did our taxes!!! Hubby finally got his last W-2....so I did turbo-tax! It is very simple....and we are thrilled with what we are getting back! It is more than I expected....since Hubby had changed jobs....I didn't think we would get as much back. But, Praise the Lord.....it will certainly help!!!! So, that is done!

Then Hubby called and I-Man was going to spend the night at MIL's house. I guess MIL went out to the bars....but SIL stayed home with I-Man. They watched a movie together...and I-Man fell asleep on the couch. She has a cat that she brought to her mom's house....and it is very good with I-Man. He was carrying it around and the cat didn't mind! I am not a cat-person...but it was a pretty cat!

Saturday...FAB slept in until almost 9:00!!!! YAHOO! That was a blessing....I needed that! When she woke up, I took her over to MIL's house and then went to the gym. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine!!!! That is awesome for me! The last time I tried that...I could only do 5 minutes....and was about to die! So....30 minutes....cool!!! You burn WAY more calories on an elliptical than you do on the treadmill....cuz it is really like running. But, boy....my legs are VERY sore today!!!! I actually took the day off from going to the gym today! It is killing me....I really wanted to go but there wasn't enough time!

So.....yesterday.....FAB puked on me.....I don't know what it was...it looked like curded milk. So, I am not sure if it was a reaction from the flu shot or what. But she didn't act sick and didn't get sick anymore. It was right after she drank a bottle....and then she was fine! She kept everything else down! I almost had to call Elvis to tell him I wouldn't be at practice....but then she was fine! I really think it was a reaction to the shot.

And, I really wanted to go to practice! Since I wasn't going to be at church today....I wanted to worship last night!!! Practice was frustrating for Elvis.....I think he has just put in so many extra hours this week ( well, every week) and Satan is really attacking....nothing was going the way he wanted it to........but then the rest of practice went fine. We were just a little "off" last night. It will get better!!! I really am excited about where God is leading us. And the fact that I think we, as a church, are being very obedient to His lead. SO, of course Satan will attack us!

Then we came home.....the kids went to bed....and Hubby and I watched Flight Plan. That was a good movie. Jody Foster is just an amazing actress....and it definitely makes you think one thing....and then goes a whole different direction! Good suspense movie!!!

Today...the kids slept in until 8:00....that was nice, again! Then we all got up and started getting ready for the day. I left around 9:30 for the shower......it was very good. She was VERY suprised!!! She came in with the whole family....and we weren't sure how to "surprise" her....so I just walked out of the private room we were in....and walked toward her. She saw me and she got excited....she came over and said that it was so neat that I was there....and began to introduce me to her sister and mom. Then I asked her if they were there for brunch...she said yes.....and she asked me if I was there for brunch....and I said yes....and I said that there are some others here for brunch too....she didn't understand what I was saying.....so I showed her the room full of people and she just started crying. She was so surprised. But more than anything...she felt bad that we were all there on a "family day". That is just the kind of person she is. It was awesome! I hate that I had to miss church...especially today of all days....but I am glad I did that for her. She is the kind of person who is so thoughtful and always thinking of others....it was nice to return the favor for a change. It was great!!!!!

Then...I called Hubby as I was leaving and he told me to meet them at Ryans....MIL, SIL and he and the kids were having lunch there. So, I sat and visited with them....and then we all came home! The kids went down for naps....Hubby and I straightened up the house....made chili.....and a dessert.....and now we are getting ready to go to the Chili Bowl at church! It should be a good time!!!

So, not a very exciting weekend....but love it all the same! I will see most of you at church or at women's group!!! Have a great Super Bowl Sunday! I don't care who wins....but Hubby is DVRing it so we can watch the commercials!!!!

Love you all!!!!

3 comments:

Josy said...

I hope your chili won a prize! Glad your shower was a hit!

Kelley said...

That is so neat that she was so surprised and actually thought about it being a family day and ya'll were there! That is so thoughtful!
Sorry about the reaction to the shot...I'm sure that is all it was...but if I go to the doctor, can I have popcorn from the Scooby Doo popcorn machine?
Lots of Love!

Sara said...

Missed you at church yesterday, but I'm glad the shower went well! I'm also a little jealous of the Scooby popcorn popper. I might have to make a trip over to Value City to get one for "Piglet". Love ya!