Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Untitled (because I hate titles)

Hi everyone! I am in a great mood today! I am so excited that my Sister and Buford are really going to try to have a baby! I am so excited that she is finally able to talk about it and that they are doing something about it! I honestly don't know if she can be as excited as I am. Being a mother is something that I have always wanted to share with her......so I get all giddy and teary eyed (shocker) just thinking about it!!!! It will be hard for me to not want to move to KY when they do have a baby!!!! So...that has me excited! Please keep her and Buford in your prayers!!!!

So, yesterday was a good day! Work was fine....my boss cracks me up. He gave me a little kids' "Winnie the Pooh" valentine yesterday and a small pack of Sweetarts Hearts. I just laughed. I mean, why get me anything on Valentine's Day....and then to be so corny....he is just wierd! My old boss (who is now Stinky Pete's boss) was here yesterday. I miss him so much. Didn't really get to talk to him much....but just chit-chatting with him made me miss him immensely!!!! He is such a great person and a great person to work for! But anyways...poor Stinky Pete. He is in a ton of pain. They think he has kidney stones. He had to go and get a cat-scan yesterday...so he should know more today. But, bless his heart, he really is in a ton of pain. So, keep that in your prayers. I can't stand him as a boss....but I don't want anyone to be in pain!

So, KK and I went to have lunch with our other friend. That was nice. We laughed a lot! Then KK and I went shopping for stuff for our meeting next week. I bought one of those "That Was Easy" buttons from Staples. It brings a smile to my face!!! We didn't get everything done...but we were gone FOREVER! So, I have to run to The Disney Store either today or tomorrow to get a few more things! But, that made for a fun day! Didn't get a lot done...so I really have to crank it out today and tomorrow!!!!

After work, I went home and got ready for our "date". Hubby was a little later than we thought he would be, so we decided to go to Tumbleweed for dinner. We only had like a 10 minute wait....but we got there just in time! The wait quickly went to over an hour!!! So, we had a good dinner and then we decided that we were going to go jewelry shopping!!!!!! I have been whining for a while now that I want a new ring....I wanted a white gold diamond wedding set....because I wear silver/white gold a lot more than I do yellow gold. So...we went to a couple of places...and then went to Kohls. Of course, they were having a sale.....and I found a BEAUTIFUL ring that I LOVED. It isn't a set....so I need to buy a thin band to wear with it....but Hubby bought it for me!!! I love it! It is just exactly what I had in mind! It has the three stones that represent "past, present & future" and then it has some channel set diamonds on the side. I love it!!! It is a 1 carat ring.....and we really got a good deal on it! I am going to have it appraised just so that we have the papers on it. But....gorgeous....love it!!! I was so happy!! What a great Hubby!!!!

Oh....while we were at Kohls, we saw the wife of our old minister. She works there. Well, we ended up talking to her for a very long time...by the time we were done...I was SO DONE talking to her that I just didn't say anything. She really piffed (a new word) me off. I won't go into everything she said....but she basically bashed our church and our preacher.....we disagreed with her on several occasions...but she is one of those people (always has been) that thinks her opinion is the only one that counts. Finally, I just said...."well, I totally disagree with you and if I did agree with you, I wouldn't be at Bethany. I think we are moving in the right direction and I am thrilled to be a part of it." At one point, she was talking about how the old people at our church all want her husband to do their funerals and we pointed out that they were there for 12 years.....and they are older than our current preacher.....so that is why they probably feel more comfortable with him. Blah...blah...blah.....I kept talking about it all night until finally Hubby just told me to drop it. She just really piffed me off!!! OH! Here is the statement that she said that I just can't believe....I didn't argue with her because I was so DONE by this time...but she said that "the church is not supposed to be about evangelism....the church is supposed to feed and teach and nourish its people...." REALLY? So that verse in the Bible that tells us (and one that the Church of Christ is really founded on) that tells us to go and be fishers of men and baptize them...that doesn't apply to our churches and it doesn't apply to us?!?!?! I was actually too speechless to say anything....and like I said, I was just DONE with her. I used to want them to come back to Bethany.....but not so much anymore! I worry because she told me that she had lunch with Catch last week....hopefully she doesn't brain-wash Catch. Sorry to rant...but I couldn't believe how that conversation went. INTERESTING to say the least.

SO! After Kohls, we came home and watched American Idol. I wish they would've kicked those twins off....but oh well! Can't wait to see who makes it to the final 24. I hope that the bald rocker and the gray-haired dude make it.

Well..I have to get to work! You all have a great Wednesday! My kids come home tonight....I am so happy about that. I miss them like crazy!!! So does Hubby. I can't wait to see them this afternoon.

Love you all!!!! Please pray that HBM feels better too....and that Elvis doesn't come down with it! See ya!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Glad you had a good Valentine's day and what a gift!!!! I can't wait to see the ring. I'm really surprised about old preacher's wife and the things she said...well, maybe not all of it, but the church not being about evangelism??? Helllooo???? Good for you for making your points!

Glad the kiddos come home tonight. I can't imagine leaving Piglet overnight yet....of course I probably won't be saying that in a year or so....

Love ya!

Jodi said...

ok so here's what I want to comment about lol...I have to put them in a list first so I won't forget...
1. Not about evangelism...what the????

2. I think you are probly more excited at this point because I'm still like...we're doing what? I"m slowly getting used to the idea and getting excited about it!

3. the drama queens of AI

ok...let's go with the first topic...the church is not for evangelism? these words actually came out of the mouth of a preacher's wife???? I'm mostly incredulous...sure there should be the nourishing and growing of Christians...but if you aren't evangelizing then your little set of growing Christians will eventually die off and so will your church...I just can't fathom that someone would have that sort of mind set...to me it's so plain in the Great Commission...to go out and "be fishers of men"...helloo...lol man...that would piff me off too! lol (is that cussing with a lisp?)

2. I guess I really already addressed this...I think because we are just starting this journey I'm like a little wide-eyed about it all (specially about the part that everyone knows my business! lol)...I've always been a late bloomer but this is ridiculous lol! we were sitting around thinking of names last night...husband reminded me that once upon a time I thought of Rodack for a boy...I'm thinking no...let's keep looking lol...I really like Gracie Lousie for a girl..but husband shot that down...so I'll have to work on him on that one cuz I kinda have my heart set on that if we have a girl...oh one thing the doc said yesterday is that the older you get the bigger the chances of twins...so oh lord! lol

3. The drama queens should have been let go..."My spirit has been broken" who does he think he is??? geez oh pete's!!!

ok...I've taken up a huge space...see you tomorrow night!!!

love ya

Kelley said...

Okay...so these twins!?!? Really? Simon had the chance to get rid of them!!!!!! I would have said "SEE YA"!!!! I hope he kicks 'em off tonight!
I have to say that I am speechless about that family!!!!!! ggrrrrr
Lots of Love!