Thursday, February 23, 2006

Blah....

Ugh! I am feeling very pregnant today. I am trying not to complain…but I feel like poop today! I just want to go home and go back to bed! It is too early in the pregnancy to be doing that!!!! Oh well, this too shall pass!

So, yesterday was a good day. I got mostly caught up at work….when we have these big meetings, other things kinda get pushed to the side until I can get to them. So, I spent most of the day just getting caught up! Stinky Pete was in Columbus in a meeting all day, so I didn’t have to see him! That always makes for a good day!

After work, I went and picked up the kiddos. We came home and I-Man watched TV and played computer games, FAB and I played a lot…and I also watched the Bachelor from Monday night. I really don’t care who he ends up with…I like both of the girls that are left…but they are really two very different people! It should be an interesting finale next week! Although, I doubt I will be able to stay awake to watch it! I get so tired in the evening!!

Anyways! Hubby told me he would be home by 5:30 or 6:00. Well, my friend KK and I needed to run to the mall real quick (tell you about that in a minute) and she was to pick me up at 6:30. Well, 6:15 rolls around and no Hubby! So, I called him and he thought I wasn’t going to the mall with her since I hadn’t called him back and told him what time we were going….but I hadn’t called him back because again, he said he would be home by 5:30, 6:00 at the latest…so if we weren’t leaving until 6:30, there was no need to call him back! Needless to say, we were both frustrated with each other!!! So, he walked in the door and I walked out the door. I was only gone for an hour.

KK and I decided that we needed to go to the Vera Bradley store to see her new patterns and purses. We NEEDED to do that. I LOVE her new patterns…but I left there without buying ONE THING! WOW!!!! There just wasn’t anything that jumped out at me that I had to have. Hubby was very shocked! He actually called me while we were there and when I answered he said “Take your hands off the purse!”. Too funny. But again, didn’t buy anything! I was justifying it (if I did buy something) that it was going to help me cope with the fact that I am pregnant…and now that I am pregnant, I can’t lose 50 pounds…and that was going to be my next reward purchase. Oh well! I still might have to buy something in one of her new patterns…just not yet! But I did go home and get one of my Vera’s out and start carrying it again today. I haven’t carried a Vera in a while. Okay….I am sure you are all tired of hearing about my obsession with Vera Bradley. OH! But Pita Pocket would really like one of her new designs! It has elephants on it!!!!! Seriously! Okay…no more Vera talk!!!! I am out of control!

So, after we went to the mall, KK dropped me back off at the house….I played with FAB some and had popcorn for dinner (really healthy, huh?) and then went and picked up I-Man from church. Teacher said he was in rare form last night. She said that she asked him how his mommy was feeling…and is his mommy really tired. He said, “Nah, she’s fine! That baby isn’t coming for a long time!” So funny. He is a funny kid. I can’t believe that he will be 5 and FAB 2 when we have another one!!!!!

Oh! I talked to Mandie yesterday (my best friend from HS who married my cousin) and she couldn’t believe our news. BUT she told me that our other friend, Molly, whose Dad just had that stroke and brother has malaria, that she is pregnant and due the same time that I am!!! They weren’t planning on having a kid anytime soon…so they were shocked too! And….my old roommate, Dawn, she is pregnant too!!! She is due in July. And that is not a good situation. Apparently, the father of the baby was cheating on her so she left him….so she needs lots of prayers. But, wow! I told Mandie that she needs to get on the ball and have another baby!!! It was good to chat with her for a bit. I have been really bad at calling people with our news…just been busy and don’t really like to talk on the phone….blah! So, she found out from her MIL (who is my aunt that watched our kids) and she was little perturbed that I hadn’t called her. I just am still in shock!

SO! I have a busy weekend ahead of me!!! I have a luncheon for a co-worker who has breast-cancer at 11:00 on Saturday….don’t know who is going to watch the kids yet….and then I have a shower for George, my cousin, at 3:00….and then we have PT practice at 6:30! It is going to be a busy day! And then on Sunday we have a birthday party!!! I am going to need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

Well, I guess that is about it for today! I better get to work! Pray for HBM and family as they travel home today….and Sebbiedue’s oldest child….and Sister and Buford ….and Speedy and family…..and Girlie Mom….and Josy….. and Pepto and roomies….and the Royals……and everyone! Love you all!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

How exciting about Molly being preggers!! wahooo...love you sis

Sara said...

Starting to set in, huh? At least you've been throught this twice before so you know what to expect! I feel like the next one should be cake for me since I've been through it once...I'm sure I'll be laughing about that when the time comes!

Popcorn for dinner? You're pregnant now, dear! You need to eat more for that baby! I have a lot of people around me that's pregnant too. Weird!

Try to get some rest around your busy weekend! Love ya! Can't wait to give you a big hug Sunday!

Kelley said...

Popcorn??? Really??? Do I need to bring you some dinner....let's see, I can bring you wendy's, mcdonalds...LOL! Give that baby some real food (I can't say much, I ate popcorn and granny smith apples the first 3 months!!).

DON'T YOU DARE....tell Pita Pocket about that elephant purse!! LOL!

Hope you have a restful Friday....does Stinky Pete know the good news? Has he said anything about it? Do I get to meet him BEFORE maternity leave or DURING....I could just show up! LOL!

Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

You had better figure out how to cut some things out of your crazy busy schedule. You are on the go forever. Take a vacation. YOu have all that time you have to take...take some.

It was fun having the kids today. They are so funny sometimes. I think I-man is growing out of the Pretty stage. They were so finicky today. Drama as a little one, can I trade??

Oh well see ya Saturday!1

Lots of love