Thursday, June 01, 2006

LOOOOOOONG Update!

Man…it has been a long time! I have been keeping up with all of you….but the best time for me to update my journal is when I am at work (isn’t that bad?!?!?!) and I haven’t worked much lately….at least it seems that way…so I haven’t had much of a chance to update! Except of course, I did share that we are having a baby girl! I will get back to that in a minute!!!

So….Thursday night….I got home from work…actually I went home early because FAB was running a fever so we didn’t want to take her SQ’s house. I got FAB down for a nap and worked all afternoon. I woke her up from her nap…nearly 4 hours later…and she was on fire! Her temp had spiked up to 103.9!!! That freaked me out! We called the nurse at my doctor’s office and they told us to try to get it down and if it continued to take her to Urgent Care….and if we got it down but it came back on Friday to bring her in. We gave her Tylenol and it did come down. She was acting fine…other than being pretty whiney! FAB and I stayed home while Hubby took I-Man to his game. They were only gone for about 20 minutes because the game was called….as soon as they walked in the door it started to POUR. So…..after it rained for a bit…I-Man and I went to Wal-Mart to get a shower present for my cousin….she is having a baby soon! That was about it for Thursday night.

Friday…..Hubby stayed home with FAB in the morning and I worked in the office and then came home and worked from home again. Her fever was lower…but we still didn’t want to take her to my Aunt’s house in case something was wrong with her. So…I worked most of the afternoon while she napped and I-Man played. When Hubby got home from work, we decided to go to CiCi’s for dinner. I-Man really wanted to go there. So, we had dinner and then went to Wal-Mart….again! Hubby had been at one of his customer’s houses and they had one of those pools where you blow up the upper ring and then fill it with water and it rises. Well, we decided to get one! So, we went to Wal-Mart and got one! We got the one that is 16’ by 3.5’. So…..we got that and headed home and decided to set it up……

Well, the instructional DVD says that it is EASY and ready to use in 7 minutes. YEAH RIGHT!!!!! We got it all out and started filling it up with water……there were lots of wrinkles we didn’t get out. So, we are both on our hands in knees in FREEZING water trying to get more wrinkles out…and also trying to keep the kids away from us. It was entertaining, for sure. Then we realized that it wasn’t exactly level….because our yard has NO level spots in it. So….we decided to just go with it anyways. SO…after the water hose ran ALL NIGHT LONG…..it was full. Well, part of it was probably 2.5’ deep and part of it was probably 3.5’ deep. What to do? Well, Saturday it was TOO cold for I-Man to get in it….and we had too much to do. I will come back to the pool.

So, Saturday we get up and we go out to the pool and argue about what to do with it since it is so un-even. We put the ladder together and then fiddled around the yard for a bit. We gave the kids baths and Hubby mowed the yard. I got ready and FAB and I left to go to the baby shower. We get to the shower and it was a fine time. Oh…by the way….FAB didn’t have a fever anymore! YEAH! So, she and I are at the baby shower and then we leave there and go to Hubby’s cousins’ graduation party. It was SO STINKING HOT. I-Man was getting over-heated! They got water guns out and that helped. I-Man sure has a ball running and playing with Hubby’s cousins. He had fun getting soaked and soaking everyone else. MIL was there but really didn’t talk to us much. She did watch FAB the whole time we were there…..and then her boyfriend showed up. He is a piece of work. Anyways…so we left the graduation party…ran home to freshen up…and then took off to PT Practice. We missed HBM….and we had the kids in the sanctuary…just our kids. They didn’t really do too bad, well, because I-Man’s Teacher and her family were there, so he stayed with them most of the time in the back. And FAB wasn’t too bad…but practice was long and the kids were DONE….especially since we had such a busy day and FAB only took a 30 minute nap. After PT practice, we told I-Man if he was good we would get ice cream. So, we headed to DQ and I stood in line for 20 minutes!!! It was very ARGH!!!! We went home…gave the kids baths again….and went to bed!

Sunday….we all got up and got ready for church. I ended up staying in the nursery because I didn’t have anything else to do….and we had a good time talking and playing with the kiddos. Worship was GREAT….the song service was GREAT…the sermon was GREAT….it was just GREAT. After church, we went to Tumbleweed with SIL and Minnie and her family. That was fun…then we came home and FAB went down for a nap and I-Man got in the pool! It was only like 70 degrees…if that…but he had so much fun playing. I got in there with him for a bit….but couldn’t feel my legs, so I got out. Hubby got in with him for a bit too. It was fun! We all came in and took naps….and then we got up and I-Man wanted to get in the pool again. Well, when we were at Wal-mart to buy the pool, they also had this cool water slide thing that I-Man really wanted. But it was more expensive than the pool, so we went with the pool. Well, we go out to our pool and low and behold, what do our backyard neighbors have….that dumb water slide thingy and it is set up right next to our fence and pool! Hubby and I just looked at each other and said…”Great!” We were right…as soon as I-Man saw it, he wanted to go play on it! Their kids are rough and bigger…so we said no….and he had fun playing in his pool anyways! We had fun playing in the yard and then it was time for me to go to Women’s Group. I stayed there a bit and Diamond showed me how to work on my straps for my purse…then I came home and went to bed!

Monday….we got up and what did we do? I guess we did a whole lot of nothing for a bit….and then got ready to go! We left the house and went to Dick’s Sporting Goods because Hubby wanted a pair of Crocs. So, he got a pair and I got a pair of the Croc flip-flops…so comfy! We got I-Man a hat…and baseball pants…and we almost bought Minister a pair of cleats for softball….but they didn’t have his size. Hubby thought it would be funny. So, we left there and then went to a little grocery store before we went to my G-Ma’s house for a picnic. Hubby went into the store and this is the conversation I had with I-Man:

I-Man: Mommy…is this where Great Grandma lives?
Me: We are very close to where she lives.
I-Man: Is this where she is going to live for the rest of her life…until they take her to

the patch?
Me: (trying not to laugh) Yes, I-Man

For some reason, he calls a cemetery “the patch” and he talks about it every now and then. We pass a cemetery every day on the way home from my Aunt’s house and he talks about the patch and how people go there but they are really in heaven. One day he told me that I would be in the patch when he was in high school…NICE! How his little mind works!!!!

So, anyways…..after the grocery stop, we went to my Great G-Ma’s house. Not all of my family was there….in fact, my parents and my sisters weren’t there….but there were a few of us. It was SO STINKING HOT. I-Man wanted to leave as soon as we ate so he could go swimming! But he had fun playing with the cousins and then we did head home so he could go swimming! We put FAB down for a nap and the three of us got in the pool and had fun cooling off! Then we grilled out chicken and just relaxed the rest of the night!

Tuesday….we got up and headed to my ultrasound. All morning, I-Man and Hubby were talking about how much they hope it is a boy. So, when we found out it was girl….you can imagine their disappointment. Hubby got over it really quick. This little girl in me was just rolling around and having a grand ole time during the ultrasound….more than either of my other two did. It was kinda funny. So, after we left there, we went to breakfast and then headed home. We all took naps and then I-Man went swimming for a bit.

Okay…back to the pool. We decided to empty it and move it to a more level place in the yard. So, we started to do that and then we had to go to I-Man’s t-ball game. It was good to sit and chat to KK. I hadn’t seen her in over a week (she was in Hilton Head) and I missed her! So, we got caught up! We came home after the game and worked on emptying and moving the pool. We got it done (after we were both sweaty, muddy and hot!!!!) and then we all got baths and headed to bed. The water ran all night…but the pool is now VERY even and 3.5’ all around and very few wrinkles in the bottom!!! I added chemicals to it last night….and now we are in search of a heater or a solar blanket! But it looks SOOOOO much better!!!! YEAH!!!!

Here is a name conversation with I-Man about the baby:

I-Man: Mommy…let’s name her Princess.
Me: No…..I don’t think so.
I-Man: I know! How about we name her Dora, FAB can be Boots and I can be Swiper

the Fox!
Me: I-Man, you crack me up!!!!

The names we are talking about right now are: Gracie (over-used!!!!..but love it!), Mattie, Maggie, Rebecca or Becca…..I think that is about it. We aren’t sure what we want to name her!!! Only time will tell, I guess!!!

I know this is long…but I have to tell you another story about my MIL. So, last week she emailed me and told me that she wanted to have us over for a cook-out on Sunday and that she wanted to take I-Man fishing on Monday morning. So, Sunday….she isn’t at church! We asked SIL where she was and she said she was on her way to Portsmouth with her boyfriend to spend the day with his family. NICE!!!!! So, she never calls us on Sunday. She never calls us on Monday. Good thing we hadn’t told I-Man she was going to take him fishing! He would’ve been very upset. She hasn’t said ONE WORD to us about this. Hubby called her to tell her about the baby on Tuesday and she was at I-Man’s game that night…but never ONE WORD about the weekend or anything. I really don’t know what is going on with that woman. But this is what I think it is….and please, keep this between us YaYa’s….and I would NEVER say this to Hubby…..but I think she has taken this relationship to another level (sex) and she feels guilty around us or something. I don’t know what to think…but to see the two of them together….they can’t keep their hands off each other….and just the way she has been acting lately….I just don’t know. I had a good talk with Wise Advice about her on Sunday…she has had a conversation or two with my MIL and is worried about her and this guy. I just don’t have a good feeling about it for some reason. It is very bizarre the way she is acting.

I think that is about it! It should be! I would be surprised if you are still with me!!! Oh…..I forgot to mention that last night…Hubby was working late so I took the kids out to dinner (to chick-f-le) and then to the Mall to ride the horses and then I did some shopping…and then I bought them cookies and Icees….and I-Man just out of the blue came up and gave me a big hug and told me I was a good Mommy. I hope it wasn’t just because I was spoiling them…but it was nice!!!! When we were at chick-f-le, I had a very nice conversation with a Hispanic man in the play-area. I feel like we both witnessed to each other. It was very nice!!!! I had a great evening just being with my kids and having fun with them!!!!

Well, I have written a book! I will talk to you all later and I love you all bunches!!!!

6 comments:

Mandalynn said...

I wish we could've been at G-ma's too, but ya know how it goes...

YAY, with the girl :) Steve & I just talked about baby names the other night (see Brain Twin's journal!! LOL) and Gracie came up!! I like that name, too!! :)

Cool pool!! I'd like to get one like that, too...Mom said that Uncle Funny Hat likes his little rectangular pool, though, so that might be more our budget this year :)

Talk to ya later!! :)

Sara said...

I'm glad you got the pool evened out. I thought about buying a little one to sit in this summer and have Piglet in, but we'll just end up going to the in-laws every weekend and swimming in their pool anyway.

Your MIL is going to regret this one day (not spending more time with the kids, etc) so there's nothing you can do about it. Hopefully she'll soon realize that her family is more important than her boyfriend. Glad you're "back". Love ya!

Jodi said...

Hey sis...so I was sharing with husband some of the antics of your MIL and how that would drive me crazy and how she is driving you crazy and he said to me...well, that's how broken families act...you all haven't been exposed to that but this is the new normal now...

right wrong or indifferent...he's right...but I would hope for your children's sake, that they could be as sheltered from the broken family lifestyle as much as we were...but it's a reality and you and BIL are going to have to deal with it as best you can like it or not...

my heart just hurts for anyone to have to go through this difficulty and challenge...let alone my own family!...just protect your children as best as you all see fit because you aren't going to be able to dictate how MIL runs her life. I know you realize all this, and I wish that I had some great advise...but I don't...

We will be keeping this whole situation in our prayers.

You know how I'm a big advocate of the New Life Live crew...they have a book about something to the effect of "How to have that hard conversation" or something like that...anyway it's all about how biblically to confront someone...

love you sis!

Dawn said...

Hey girl I'm just cracking up over here picturing you two putting that pool up and trying to watch the kiddos at the same time. I have said before if we had more room I"d like to have one of those pools and have heard good things about them. A friend of ours had hers for 4 summers and got lots and lots of use out of it. That sounded pretty good to me for what they are. Your kids have been so good today!!! FAB is just the cutest and she has ate so good for me today . First time ever that she has ate so well for me. YAY for another GIRL!!!! Love ya!

Kelley said...

See what happens when you don't write for long periods of time? I was just trying to picture you and DaddyMac on all fours trying to make the pool even while I-Man and FAB are dying to get in! You make for some pretty vivid journal entries!!! LOL!

I'm really sorry about your MIL. I hate the say that whatever happens is her decision. I hope that your SIL sees what is going on and realizes that MIL won't be there for her. You might think she will be, but it sounds like she won't. I hate that you all are having to go through that. One day she'll realize what's going on....I just hope it's not too late!

Can't wait to see ya Saturday. I was mowin' the grass today and singing to Sunday's songs...AWESOME!

Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

You post a long entry and everyone posts long comments. I had to scroll down 3 times to get to the end. Isn't it good to feel loved??!?!?

So yeah the even-ing out thing, very funny to visualize...but the thing going through my mind??? YOUR WATER BILL!!! 24 hours of continuous water, better be saving now!!!

So sorry about MIL. She definately has been strange lately and I would be ticked too. I have a (not really) but sort of similar situation with my parents where they just don't want to drive here to see the girls. ARGGHHHH, then they complain that Baby's family sees them more than they do. I can't see though, Geez not saying anything to her soon. It has to be eating away at him. He's good for that you know, confronting. :)

Hope things get better.

See ya Saturday!!