Sunday, June 04, 2006

Weekend Update

Hello Journal Godesses! I hope you all had a FABULOUS weekend! I did. The weather was gorgeous…..I had time with my kids, time with my Hubby, time with my parents and just had a great weekend all around!!! Let’s see….how did it all begin?

Well, Friday was a very rough day at work. KK had to work from home in the afternoon and then I realized that she was taking a vacation day on Monday and we have 3 meetings next week. Now, truly…they are entirely my responsibility. However, she is very helpful! So, when I realized that she would be off on Monday…the last day to prepare for 3 days of meetings….I panicked! That and I just had a lot of stuff to do still! So, since my Mom was watching the kids, I called her and asked if she minded if I worked a bit later…she was fine with it. So, I stayed until I felt a little more sane…and gathered some stuff to take home to work on over the weekend. Then I went and got the kids. They had a fun day with Mimi Tucky. Her power had been off most of the day so they went shopping. I-Man just loved that….dripping with sarcasm. So, I sat and talked to my mom for a bit and then we went home and met Hubby. We decided to go to Fazoli’s for dinner….the kids were both perfect angels…even FAB! Why is it that sometimes she is an angel and other times she is a terror?!!?!?!? But thank goodness for small blessings!!! We got home and I-Man and Hubby took off to the store. We needed some flowers for our pots and a few other things. FAB and I just hung out here. I was very tired….story of my life, it seems! So, Hubby got home and he had also bought tiki torches. We lit those and just enjoyed our backyard for a bit. Then we came in…FAB went to bed….I-Man fell asleep watching TV…..Hubby was working on his computer…and I was working on mine. I got a lot of stuff done for work and felt much better. I am starting to panic again now…but at least I didn’t worry about work at all yesterday or most of today!

So, then Saturday morning we got up and got ready and headed over to my parent’s house. Hubby had decided to not go to work but instead go to the Strawberry Festival with us. So, we played around at their house for a bit and then decided to get lunch at Wendy’s….while we were there, Hubby got a call from his boss and he had paperwork that HAD to be done by end of day…so he ended up not going with us anyways! BUMMER! But actually, I am kinda glad he didn’t go because he would’ve whined about the heat all day and all we did was shop and eat. So, he wouldn’t have liked it anyways! Plus, it was very crowded. So, anyways, he stayed home and got his work done and also did a ton of yard work. Well, we had fun at the Strawberry Festival. There were quite a few things that I wanted to buy (crafts) but I ended up coming home with nothing. I just wanted to buy one thing but couldn’t settle on just one thing….so oh well!

We got home from the festival just in time to go to PT practice. The kids stayed with my parents and they ended up playing Putt-Putt at Magic Castle. It sounded like they had a good time…but FAB was a pill. I think that one time that we went in Pigeon Forge…we had the whole course to ourselves….so she could just run and do whatever. But it was crowded on Saturday so she couldn’t and she didn’t understand that! OH well…..they had fun with Mimi and Papaw.

PT practice was good. I had to sit down towards the end because I was just getting really hot under the lights. That thing happened again where my head got really hot again. Weird. But anyways…it was so good to see HBM again! We left there and had to drop off clothes to my parents house…they weren’t home and I tried to con Hubby into going to Ritters…but we had ice cream at home, so he didn’t fall for it. We decided that we would go see a movie, though! SO, we came home and looked at what movie we wanted to go see….we had plenty of time to kill so we went outside and cleaned out the pool, covered it and then just sat and talked in the backyard. We talked about baby names…and I think we have it narrowed down!
I think it is going to be Gracie Lynn. I am pretty sure…but we also like Josy Lynn. So it might be that…but I think we are both leaning towards Gracie…..you are okay with that, right Sister?!?!? If you notice, she mentioned that she liked it in her journal, but she had also told me a few weeks ago that she would be okay if we used it….so if you are not, then tell me and we will go with Josy!!!!! (cool, huh? Josy!?!??!)

Anyways, so we talked about that and also a bit about MIL. I told him my theory that they are probably having sex and he agreed, not that he wants to think about it or talk about it…but we don’t know what to do. I think we are just going to let things happen as they do. She is the one who is missing out on her grandkids. What started the conversation was….on Friday night when we were on our way back home…we passed the church building and she was pulling out of the driveway. We honked and waved and I just knew that she was going to come on over to our house (because normally, that is exactly what she would do) but she didn’t. I asked Hubby if he thought that was odd…and he said nope…it was Friday night. She probably was on her way to the bar. So, time will tell what happens with her.

So, we went to the cheap theater and saw “Inside Man” – with Denzel Washington (hubba hubba) and Jodie Foster. It was a good movie. The popcorn was great and we only spent $15.00 for the movie, a large popcorn and a large drink. It was GREAT! I forget about that place….we need to go there more often! We got home late…but it was fun….like a date!

Sunday….Hubby got up this morning and went to the graduate breakfast. He said that TT’s mom made THE BEST biscuits, sausage and gravy that he has ever had. It sounds like it was a hit! Good job, HBM! I got ready for church and then picked the kiddos up from my parents. We said our goodbyes and then went to church. I was in the back for both Sunday School and worship and I was WORE OUT by the end. Funny thing…..Sebbiedue’s little one was falling asleep on me…and then Boo (Minnie’s youngest) told me she needed to go potty….so I was struggling in the bathroom with the two of the. It was very funny……or it would’ve been if I didn’t envision myself doing just that with FAB and #3 in a few months!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

So, after church we came home and then left again for a graduation party for one of Hubby’s cousins. It was a nice party….they have a pool that is heated so all the kids were getting in. Well, it goes from 4 feet to 6 feet…so it is over I-Man’s head. Well, they had a life jacket, so he put that on…but it kept riding up on him and he just was not having fun. So, he got out and was very upset that he wasn’t “big enough” to play in the pool. Bless his heart…I felt bad for him. He got over it quickly and went to play pool with one of Hubby’s uncles. I have to say this about Hubby’s family….they are all very nice people and really care about each other. I always am impressed by all of them when we are together. I get a little sad when I think about my kids though….both of my parents and MIL had 4 siblings…so the family is pretty good-sized. I hope my kids all get along and my grandkids when they are born. I know that sounds weird…but I think about those kind of things.

Anyways….so we had a good time there and then we came home and took naps. I love my Sunday naps! We got up and all went outside and played in the backyard until it was time for Hubby to leave for Men’s Group. Then the kids and I sat out on our porch swing for a while and talked and ate popcorn. It was such a nice time. Hubby has done so much work to make our backyard look so nice!!! I just love being out there! We need to have people over more often…..we say that all the time but we just don’t think of it until the last minute and then people have plans…blah, blah, blah. So, if you guys ever want to come over….just let us know! We love to have company!
So, then we came inside and the kids were playing together. I-Man can be such a good big brother sometimes! I dusted and did some cleaning in our bedroom…..and then went to FAB’s room and cleaned out her drawers and put away the clothes that don’t fit her anymore. Then she and I-Man helped me clean her room and we put her to bed. I-Man and I had some ice cream while we watched Scooby Doo…..I did some more cleaning and laundry….and now I-Man is in my bed watching a movie and telling me to get off the computer so I can snuggle with him!

So, that is what I am going to do! You all have a great Monday! I don’t know how much I will get to post this week because of my crazy work schedule….and we have softball tomorrow night, t-ball on Tuesday night, I have to work a concession stand for t-ball on Wednesday night, t-ball on Thursday night and I don’t think anything on Friday night….except for I-Man is probably going to a tractor pull with YaYa and Buford. Then next weekend, my family will be in town again and we have a graduation party on Saturday! GEESH!!!!! A busy week ahead of us!

Have a great night….a good Monday and love you all!!!!

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of ya! Don't freak out....take deep breaths and remember that it's work....just work.

I thought I saw your MIL pull out of the parking lot Friday too. We pulled in right when we got back in town....I could have sworn that it was her.

I LOVE both names. The Josy Lynn will be more original if you are going for that. I'm so glad that ya'll are agreeing....it WAS a good thing that ya'll are having a girl!

Hope you have a wonderful week. It is a busy week for us too. What is that all about?

Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

I like JOsy too...that was one of the names that we tossed around for both girls, then it turned into Jocelyn. another name I really like.

So glad that Geez and you are doing so well. I think Sara said before that if people could only see him now. He has had his fair share (and then some undeserved crap)of getting picked on. He is sooo different than he used to be. YOU GO GEEZ!!!

Yucko about the work thing. Listen to Vocab, take breaths and breathe. Girl you can't do anything not great. It just doesn't happen to you.

Glad you got a relaxing week, sounds like you needed it from how this week sounds.

Have a great Monday.
Lots of love!! :)

Sara said...

I left a comment yesterday, but the stupid thing disappeared. Anyway, I like the name Gracie! I think it's cute! Hubby was asking me last night about girl names if we had another one. Heellooo!? I'm not planning on having another baby anytime soon!

I hope your meetings go well this week. Try not to stress! Love ya!

Jodi said...

Hey sis...I'm fine if ya'll use Gracie...I like that! And I'm going to pretend that the Lynn is my Lynn...lol..even though I know it's mom's Lynn! But Josy is cute too!

Umm oh which night would it be better to take I-man to the tractor pull? Friday or Saturday? I was thinking that Friday night would be good because you probably don't want him out late on Saturday night but then again, Saturday might be better because you all have praise practice...but then again...I'll only go to the tractor pull one night...which ever night we take I-man...then again...we may want to send him both nights with Buford...lol...

Josy said...

I think Josy Lynn will be cute! Where ever did you find that name?! Hee hee!

I am so glad you had such a good time with your hubby and kiddos, isn't that great to just be able to enjoy everything with those we love?

Take care of yourself and start resting up! Just a few more months and the littlest one will be here (and then you'll never sleep).