Monday, June 26, 2006

Here we are again!

Happy Monday! I had a very hard time getting out of bed this morning…but I did! I got up more than 30 minutes later than I normally do and I still made it to work on time! That is the joy of having short hair again! It takes no time to fix it! And the drying time is cut in half!!! So, yeah for that!

Let’s see….I left off on Thursday and didn’t get to tell you a few things. First of all, KK played with my hair and it was so stinking cute when she fixed it! I will never be able to fix it like that…she had curls all over and it was adorable. I felt like I was back in junior high or high school when Sister used to fix my hair. She even nearly burned my ear just like Sister used to! Anyways, adorable. We had a wonderful time as a group going to dinner and then to see Seinfeld. I have to tell you…we ate at this very fancy (and expensive) restaurant for dinner…and they did two things that I thought were very cheesy. First, when we were all seated, they came over and asked one of the men at the table (I guess the one they thought was “in charge”) if they could “offer the ladies roses”. Well, he chuckled (as we all did) and said yes. So, the waitress walked around to each of us with these long stem white roses on pillows and we each selected one. Then she walked around again and collected them as we put them in two vases to put on the table. SILLY! Then….when they brought our salads, one of the girls got the giggles because one of the ladies had ordered only a salad for dinner…it came and was the smallest plate of green leaves we had ever seen. So, that was funny. Then they brought our entrees and they put them in front of us – with the silver dome thing on the plate. Well, then she kinda started to walk away and we were wondering…do we just take it off ourselves? We need to eat or we will be late for the show?!?!? So, the waitress tells us to wait and she gets more help so they can pull off our “lids” all at the same time. We didn’t know if we should clap for them, or what? It was very funny. You could tell we were a bunch of fish out of water! It was a very yummy dinner…just a few funny points! So, Jerry Seinfeld was very funny….and the guy that “opened” for him was also very funny. We had a great time!

I got home of Thursday night in time to put I-Man to bed…and listen to Hubby argue with SIL #2. Apparently, I had missed some drama that night. When he got off the phone with her, I told him that I am ready to move because I am so sick and tired of the drama that his family causes in our lives. It is ALWAYS SOMETHING with them. He agreed! Now, we aren’t moving…because what good would that really do? They are still his family…but it is getting old. This drama was about the fact that apparently Hubby and I are bad parents because we are too over-protective of our kids. And SIL #2 (who has no kids, mind you) thinks she knows what is best for our kids. Whatever. I didn’t get involved because it was really none of my business and Hubby was doing a fine job of talking to her about it…even though I could hear her screaming at him through his cell phone. Drama…drama…drama!!! So, that was Thursday!

Friday….fine day at work. I didn’t take a lunch break so I left a bit early. My cousin on my Dad’s side of the family had a baby…so I went to my Mom’s house and she and the kids and I went to the hospital to see the baby. She is beautiful and so tiny! I-Man and FAB and I spent a lot of time looking in the nursery at the babies. I-Man had a ton of questions…no surprise there! I asked him if he remembered coming to the hospital and holding FAB. He did. I told him that he would get to do the same thing with Gracie…and he said he didn’t want to! Little Stinker! He is insisting on calling the baby Maggie. So, I told him that I would call him Ike if he called her Maggie. He is so silly! So, we left the hospital and dropped my mom off at her house and then we headed home for a little bit! Hubby got home from work and we took off to Hair Dye’s house for a birthday party for K-Girl. It was a fun party…both of the kids had a great time. I-Man got to play ball with the big kids and FAB pretty much just played by herself. She is so fun to watch. I used our new camcorder…oh, did I mention that? I don’t think I did. We bought a Digital DVD Camcorder. I LOVE it. I will LOVE it even more once I get it all figured out. But, I taped K-Girl’s birthday party. We played it on our TV and the picture is GREAT! We gave it to Hair Dye….but it was very cute! So, I got to use that at the party! After that, we came home and gave the kids baths because they were filthy! Then they went to bed and I did some cleaning and stuff to get ready for the Shower on Sunday.

Saturday…we got up and my Dad came and picked up the kids. I thought they were going to keep them until 2:00ish, when I-Man had to be back because SIL #2 was picking him up for a party….so after he picked them up, I finished getting ready and headed out to do the last-minute shopping for the Baby Shower. I was taking my good ole’ time when Hubby called me in a panic because my Dad had just dropped the kids off and he needed to go to work. I guess I-Man wanted to come home and my parents had a lot of stuff to get done at their house. So, I finished shopping and went home so Hubby could go to work. The kids were very good while I was cleaning. I got pretty much everything done – even the decorations – and then Hubby came home from work. We woke up FAB and he got in the pool with her for a little bit. It was the first time she wanted to get in and she loved it. I just love to see Hubby with her. It is so sweet. Especially then because it was just the two of them so he could focus only on her. We got ready and ran to the store to get my Dad a birthday present….came home and ate dinner and then went over to my Parent’s house for cake and ice cream for Dad’s birthday. We set up their tent in the yard…I-Man and Dad “camped out” on Saturday night. I-Man was so excited! I didn’t think he would last all night….but he did!!!!! I was so proud of him! He LOVED it! Anyways, we left the kids at their house and Hubby and I went to the movies. We saw “Click”. It was a pretty good movie. I am not the biggest Adam Sandler fan, but it was a tear-jerker while also a funny movie! Then again, I am pregnant…so it doesn’t take much to make me cry! We had fun at the movies and then came home and went to bed. That was late for me!

Sunday…we got up and got ready for church. We went to pick the kids up at my parent’s house and apparently, I-Man had been a little evangelist all morning and guilted my parents into coming to church. How funny! So, they came to church! I know that they like singing songs they know…and there weren’t many that the knew…so I was a little worried about that…but I think they liked it! They especially liked the last song…”Cry Out To Jesus”. One thing about singing songs you don’t know, it forces you to really read the words…and the words to that song are beautiful. My dad….who is always emotional….just hugged me and then Hubby after church and with tears in his eyes and voice, he said “I am just so proud of you two.” That made me cry! And what a good feeling…to know that your parents are proud of you! I think he was talking about the fact that we are so involved at our church and we are VERY committed to raising our children in church. It is not something we take lightly or that we feel is negotiable. It was a neat moment. Then we rushed to get the kids….rushed to get in the van….rushed to pick up the cakes for the shower….then home to get ready! The cakes were very cute! We had MORE than enough because only 9 people (including me and SIL) were are the shower. Oh well! We had more than enough food….MIL did manage to bring her duck decorations that she bought at a yard sale and she did manage to get her tablecloth on the table. Whatever. We didn’t use her cups or plates. They didn’t match the rest of the decorations that I HAD BOUGHT since I WAS THROWING THE SHOWER. That is all she did to help. Seriously. She did NOTHING else. Her sister brought a fruit tray and some little sandwich thingies…but MIL brought NOTHING. How odd. She did thank me for having the shower for SIL. It was a nice shower even if there weren’t many people there. There was no drama, which I fully expected. So, it went off without a hitch! Boy, was I glad when it was over! I got everything cleaned up and back to it’s place and then it was time to go to church for the Camp Extreme meeting. I guess I didn’t really have to be there…but I felt like I should. I am going to be “the secretary” along with Boss. That should be fun! Hopefully it will go smoothly! They are having a much more strict “check-in and check-out” policy for the kids since we had some problems last year. I think it will be a good thing…as long as we figure it out! After that, we headed over to the park for the ice cream party. That was fun! SIL came…all by herself! MIL was going to come, but got a better offer to go out with her beau. So, instead of getting individual bowls of ice cream, they gave us a big pie plate to share our ice cream as a family. Hubby and I-Man got ours and it was beautiful…and gone in a few minutes! The idea was to have family time together and we had fun! SIL played with FAB a lot on the slides…I-Man just ran and played…and we had fun visiting with Hair Dye and her family and K-Dog and just everyone. It was a good time!!! But, I was exhausted!!! We left there and I was going to go to Women’s Group for a bit, but I was so tired after the long weekend of planning and everything for the Shower. I just went home and went to bed!

So, that is about it! Now, I am back at work….it feels like I just left here! And I have one more day until Stinky Pete is back from vacation. Hopefully the week will go by fast and then next week will be a short week! We are leaving on Friday night for Kentucky…coming back on Tuesday! I am looking forward to a little “get-away”. Then, the following weekend, we have FAB’s birthday party! I have invitations for everyone. I was supposed to hand them out at church yesterday and then at Women’s Group last night, but that didn’t happen. Hopefully Hubby will mail the rest of them (family) today. SO, mark your calendars for Sunday, July 9th at 2:30 at our house.
Have a GREAT Monday! I will talk to you all soon! Love ya!

3 comments:

girlie_mom said...

Wondered where you were last night!!?!? I wanted to see your new 'do. What a crazy thing about MIL...Did Geez say anything to her about doing nothing??? that would tick me off..it was for HER kid!! Oh well that is why you are the inlay in that family and not me. God bless you MIssy!!! Sometimes I don't know how you deal with all that!

We will have 2 birthday parties on the 9th. We will probably be on time b/c my neice and nephews party is at 10 am!!! Can you imagine a birthday party at 10 in the morning on a Sunday?? So we won't be at church but we'll be at the party. I guess I'm RSVPing now. LOL

Have a good "last" day at work.
(without Stinky Pete)

Lots of love!

Kelley said...

We were wondering where you were yesterday. I was getting worried, but figured that you were exhausted. I can't believe you did ALL that this weekend. Take a break girlie!!!! LOL!

I'm sorry that MIL was of no help to you....but it doesn't work if you move away! LOL!

It was good to see you yesterday! Wish we could have talked more!

Lots of Love!

Jodi said...

I'm glad that the shower for SIL went well...I bet you are glad that is over! I"m glad you got to rest a little bit yesterday too....

I'm also glad that mom and dad went to your church...I worry about them always attending bedside baptist!! I mean I don't "worry worry" cuz I know how much they love the Lord...but I worry about how they are on the go soooo much...ya know? so yay I-man for evangilizing em! lol...plus I think, when mom and dad are up there, that it's probably good for I-man and FAB to see that they go to church...ya know what I mean? Anyway....I'm pretty darn proud of you and the way you both are raising your kids in church....that is soooo awesome!!!

oh man! They had the camp out without me! lol...actually, if they had tried that at our house, the coyotes probly would have scared us all inside lol...so I'm glad I-man and papaw had their first campout!

see you this weekend!!!! love you!