Friday, June 02, 2006

It is Friday!!!

Well, I am going to try my hardest to not go so long in between posts! Yesterday’s post was just way too long….but I just had so much to say! I probably could’ve gone on and on…but I didn’t want to lose everyone!!!!

SO! Yesterday was a good day at work…..except for one thing. I had a pretty bad panic attack at the end of the day. I have a VERY busy week coming up next week and just a lot of stuff going on and it all just hit me at once as I was scrambling to get some things done and trying to get out of here to go get the kids. I just felt my head get really, really hot and I couldn’t focus and felt like I couldn’t breathe…it was scary. So, I got all packed up and got down to my van and headed to get the kids….then I started panicking because I was afraid I was going to be late to get the kids…not like SQ would’ve cared if I wasn’t there right at 4:30, but that is just how I am. SO! Once I got the kids and we were on our way home, I started to feel more normal….well, whatever normal is! It was very bizarre. I hope that doesn’t happen again. But other than that…work was fine.

KK is going through a lot of stuff with her family right now. It is very weird how these kinds of cycles go in friendships…what I mean is, she is usually the one who is my “counselor” and it seems like I am the one with all the problems. For instance, she has been there with me every step of the way – from day one – of this whole situation with Hubby’s parents (when he left, and all of that). So, for her to need me more lately is kinda a shift of roles. But anyways, just remember her in your prayers. The long and short of it is…..her aunt died, her sister isn’t speaking to her and hasn’t since Christmas, finances, decisions with kids…etc. It just seems like when it rains, it pours!

So, after I picked up the kids from SQ’s house, we came home. I-Man told me how much fun he had the whole way home. He told me that he loves to go to SQ’s house…..Detergent’s house….and Minnie’s house the best because they don’t make him take naps! He is a trip! He was also telling me that he didn’t have to call SQ “Miss SQ” like I always do when I talk about her to the kids……he said that SQ likes him to call her SQ. Again, he just CRACKS me up! He had a great time playing at SQ’s house. He just loves her! Oh, he also told me that she gave him food every time he asked for it….so that makes him love her even more! What a trip. I am going to have to buy them groceries because I am sure he tried to eat all of their groceries!

We got home…..and I-Man’s t-ball game was rained out. I was disappointed because my mom was going to go to the game with us. So….we just chilled at the house until the rain passed over and then we headed over to my mom’s house for a bit. We visited with her a while and then Hubby and I went to Wal-Mart while she watched the kids. We went to get a solar blanket or something for the pool, but they were out of them! We ended up getting nothing that we went for…but $90 later, we left. How does that happen? Well, we bought I-Man a new comforter and sheets. I have been looking for a Scooby Dooby bedroom set….but can’t find it! So, they had the new “Cars” stuff and I-Man likes that stuff, so we got him that. He LOVED it and was so happy when we gave it to him. I just feel like we need to give him some extra love right now. I really think this baby is going to be harder on him than FAB was. So, we were telling him another great thing about being the only boy is that he won’t have to share a room with anyone after the baby gets a bit older! That made him happy. So, anyways….we left Wal-Mart…got the kids….came home….and went to bed! Well, the kids and I went to bed…..my WONDERFUL Hubby stays up late every night. I say WONDERFUL because he really does spoil me. He does the laundry every night and cleans the kitchen….he really, really spoils me. I don’t tell him enough how much I appreciate him and all he does for me….for us.

When we were putting FAB down to bed last night, she has to hug and kiss each of us a few times….Hubby says to me: “Is the best part of your day when you pick the kids up at your Aunt’s every day?” I said…”yes”. He then said…”That is the worst part of my day…when I drop them off at your Aunt’s.” A little bit later, I walked past FAB’s bedroom….my eyes just teared up. He was in there….holding her and singing the verse to “You Are My Sunshine” that I made up for her. It goes like this:

“I love you Faith Anne, You are my Sweetheart
I love you more and more each day
You are a gift from God the Father
Oh Faith Anne, I love you”

It was so sweet. So very sweet. It is times like that and the times when I see him laying in bed with I-Man and scratching his back and praying with him and singing to him that I know we are going to be okay with this 3rd baby. Seriously, if I think about it too much…it makes me panic. But those sweet moments remind me that as long as we do our best to make God the number one priority in our lives and in our kid’s lives…He will take care of the rest.

SO! I am hoping to go to the Strawberry Festival tomorrow! My parents are in town…so hopefully we will get to go up there tomorrow. The kids and I will probably spend the whole day with my parents…..and I know they are spending the night with them. That will be nice! Then on Sunday, I am in the nursery for both SS and worship…and then we have a graduation party for Hubby’s cousin. So, it should be a fun weekend!

OH! Another sweet thing happened yesterday. I have a cousin on my dad’s side of the family who is like 20 or 21 and she is pregnant….due very soon. Well, I went to her baby shower last weekend and this is a girl who really has very little. The father of the baby is not really in the picture…her parents (my aunt and uncle) don’t have much money and are not in the best of health….just not a great situation. Well, she called me last night and I about cried. She called because she had heard I was having a girl….when she first found out that she was having a girl, someone bought her a girly crib set (bumper & sheets)….well, since then she has gotten the one she registered for…so she has two. So, she was calling me to see if I needed one because she was going to give me the first one she got. Isn’t that sweet? I hung up the phone and was getting teary and Hubby was like what is up….but I just thought it was so sweet of her.

Okay….so I guess that is about it! Please remember HBM and Elvis and PP today as they travel HOME…..it is going to be hard to leave, especially with the bad news they just got. So, pray for them today!

Have a great FRIDAY! Love you all!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

ok this journal should have had a tissue warning!

enough said...I'm gonna go blow my nose....

Mandalynn said...

It is so neat to "watch" our hubby's as daddy's when they're not looking :) It melts my heart, too :)

And, that is SO sweet of your cousin!! What a giving & thoughtful heart :)

Okay, I'm with brain twin, next time, put "TISSUE WARNING" in your title!! LOL :)

Sara said...

What a sweet song and even sweeter that your hubby was singing it to her. As much crap as your hubby has gotten in the past/gets he has proved himself a great husband and father and I have to admit I'm a little jealous! It's great that you're so appreciative of him, but why are you telling us? You should be telling him! :)

Take a moment and breathe. Try not to stress about next week. It will all come together! Love ya!

Kelley said...

Remember what you said? As long as you have God as your number one, things will be fine....notice I didn't say "perfect" or "stree free"! LOL! Your family will be great with a new baby! And I-Man will LOVE being a brother to two sisters....just keep reminding him that he gets his own room!!! LOL!

I was thinking of KK yesterday and wondering how things were going for her!

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday...see ya tomorrow night!

Lots of Love!

SebbieDue said...

I was tearing up too while I read about your hubby singing to FAB & your precious cousin's generosity, esp. since she's had it so rough. I love when God does that. We think we have so little, then someone gives to us out of their "even less"...it's humbling, but faith-building! Thanks for sharing the stories! Much love!