Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Isn't He Wonderful?!?!?!

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I am hanging in there! Two meetings down, only one more to go! I am ready for this week to be over! The first two meetings have gone very well, so no complaints!

On to more important things, don’t we have a MIGHTY GOD?!?!?! I cannot tell you how excited I am for HBM and Elvis and Pita Pocket. It just goes to show that God does bless His faithful and answer prayers. That answer is wait sometimes….but the wait is worth it. I am so happy for them….and it makes me excited for the day I get that call from my Sister too. I was so happy…..and crying when I found out. Now my fervent prayers can change to a safe and healthy pregnancy. On a side note…..do we need a back-up alto for the PT?!?!?!? You just never know!!!!

Yesterday I found out some bad news for a co-worker. I want to tell the whole story…because although it was bad news….you can totally see how God’s hand was in it. It was just a “GOD THING” day for me yesterday. One of the District Mangers that I work with just moved here in February. He is great Christian man….and one that we have all gotten to know and love in a very short time….pretty rare in the corporate world. Well, he and his family (wife and two girls) moved here from Michigan…..all of their family lives here….so they were coming to be closer to family. Well, last week, his wife started having dizzy spells….her speech was slurred…..and she actually fainted once. They took her to a neurologist on Monday for a ct scan. They were assuming she was experiencing vertigo or an inner ear infection. The results came back and she was diagnosed with MS. WOW! It was very devastating for them. He took the day off work on Monday and Tuesday. Well, today he came to our meeting and you could tell he had been crying (puffy eyes and all) but he was kinda “excited”. We were talking and he told me that this was such a God thing. The fact that they had moved here to be closer to family…..he knew that God’s hand has been in this whole thing. Also, whenever she has “an episode” she has to be hooked up to an IV for 4 days of treatment…and he has to give her the shots and stuff. Well, the first treatment was last night and he said that he could just feel God with him…holding his hand. He said that he was unsure of how he would handle it since he doesn’t do well with needles…but he was at peace. They don’t know what type she has…apparently there are 4 types. They won’t know what type she has until she has more “episodes”. I guess the frequency and severity of her episodes helps them determine what type she has. So, anyways…..a bad diagnosis….but it is so awesome to see his Faith shine through….what a witness he has been to me and to our co-workers. He has been telling everyone because he said the more prayers the better…..and he has been witnessing each time. Not a common thing in the corporate world.

So, because of that news yesterday….it was so AWESOME to hear HBM’s news. Talk about a GOD THING day. What a mighty God we serve…..Thank You, Dear Lord, for the daily reminders…big and small.

So, there is so much other stuff I could tell you….just about like what we have been up to and stuff….but all of that seems so trivial. Ya know?!??!

I will tell you this…at I-Man’s t-ball game last night, he got out at first base…poor kid just doesn’t run fast! Well, the coach of the other team insisted they play “outs” and we haven’t played that way before. SO, it was very hard ….and sad…for I-Man to understand. If they played that way each game, he would probably have not taken it so bad…but since it was the first time….he was pretty upset. I almost cried! Then…when we were walking out to our car…I was carrying stuff and talking to MIL and I didn’t see the HUGE pothole in the path…..needless to say, I fell. I was very conscious to not fall on my belly…so I fell on my ankles. I twisted one and scraped up my toes and stuff on the other. So, last night, the one I scraped up swelled up like a balloon. It was better by morning. I was more embarrassed than anything. MIL and Hubby were pretty worried about me….but I was fine….and so is Little Gracie!

Well, I think that is all I have time for tonight! Please remember to pray for HBM and Elvis and little one! Also, please pray for my co-worker…his name is Tim and his wife’s name is Holly. Love you all and thanks for your prayers and thoughts this week!!!!!

6 comments:

Kelley said...

I told Hubby that anybody that would like to get pregnant needs to join the praise team....is Sight-Sing or Harmonica next?!?! LOL!

That is AWESOME about Tim's witnessing through all of this. He's a better man than I!!!!! Praying praying praying for them!

Sorrry about I-Man and getting out. What a lousy coach for insisting that they place with outs. They are 4 and 5 year olds for goodness sakes!

Lots of Love!

SebbieDue said...

I could just hear your voice as I read this entry! I'm in agreement w/ you, sister! We serve a mighty God!

Wow, about the faith Tim exhibits through this tragic diagnosis and all that goes along with it. I'm so glad God was watching over them. I'm in awe over this story! Wow!

Poor little I-man. I'm sorry it was so hard for him. It's important to be consistent w/ things like this at this age. I'm surprised the league leaves it up to the coaches like that. Hmmm...sounds like a phone call is in order.

God is so good. Thanks for the uplift tonight!! Much love!

girlie_mom said...

Hey y'all I'm next...silly ladies. So that will put us down 2 leads and keyboards. (and a Bass sometimes, singing and playing LOL) And Harmonica??? That would be a sight to see.:)

It seems to be a pregnancy thing lately to fall...glad you are alright.

What a stupid coach(don't tell I-man I said a bad word). They don't need to know about losing yet, first get them to like it.

Praying for your co-worker.

Lots of love!!

Sara said...

Indeed we serve a very MIGHTY GOD! I was almost excited for HBM and Elvis as I was for myself when we found out about Piglet!

I'm glad you're okay after your fall! You need to take care of yourself! No bedrest this time!

Poor I-Man! That's not fair to them to play one way and all of a sudden change it on them. They don't understand those things.

Praying for Tim and Holly. I so admire those that rejoice in times of trial! What a powerful witness he's giving! Hope the rest of your meetings go well! Love ya!

Pepto said...

Hey, don't feel bad about the falling thing. We went hiking the other day, and I fell 3 times...one of them right after laughing and saying, "I was just picturing myself falli...AAAAHH." It was pretty funny. Ok, nmj. How awesome about Tim, it's so rare, even among Christians to see people so faithful in hard times. PTL.
And yeah, switching to outs all of a sudden stinks. Back in my day, we played outs all the time...they were a tough league, but you shouldn't do it one way and then change it.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

God bless!

Josy said...

What a horrible coach! Sorry, I just don't think it's right to play "outs" when the kids are just starting to learn the game.

Hope your ankle is feeling better. Be careful! (Gracie? What happened to Josy? LOL)