Thursday, June 22, 2006

Got a New Do!

Happy Thursday Ladies! I didn’t post yesterday because I just didn’t have a lot to say, I guess. So, I am sure I will make up for it today!

First of all, I think that I have 2nd or 3rd degree burns on my chest area (nice way of saying the top of my boobs) – from the sun last Friday. That area STILL hurts terribly and when I peeled the first layer of skin off (this is gross), the skin underneath it feels very weird. Last night, I showed it to Detergent and she said it looked horrible and I should get it checked out. So, if it doesn’t’ get better soon…I will have to go to the doctor. But what are they going to be able to do about it? Yesterday morning, I put lotion on it (the lotion had aloe in it) and it literally brought tears to my eyes instantly because it burned so badly!!! So, note to self….SUNSCREEN BEFORE I go out in the sun! GEESH.

Okay…now that I have that off my chest (lol…get it? off my chest?), I can go on with my update of the last few days!

Tuesday…work was fine. I had a long conversation with Minnie on the phone while I was at work and it was very nice! We haven’t talked like that in a while and I felt better about a few things after we talked. It is funny to me that we have been friends for so long (over 8 years) and so we know each other so well…but lately we have gotten to know each other even better and that is nice! I think also, because we have been friends for so long, we (our spouses included) can accept each other in spite of our quirks and realize that there are times we won’t get along because we bicker like siblings sometimes…but in the end, it is all good!!! Ya know? Anyways, it was a good conversation! And I am not a phone person…but I needed it!

So, back to work. Work was fine….not a lot going on this week, since Stinky Pete is on vacation…so that makes the days go by VERY slowly!!! After work, I went and picked up the kiddos and we headed home. I rushed to get them dinner and then we were off to I-Man’s t-ball game. He did so good….with the exception that he continues to WATCH the ball when he is running bases…which slows him down. And he isn’t fast to begin with! The kid that told him he was fat was back from vacation this week. I guess he didn’t call I-Man fat this week, but did call another kid on the other team fat. So, Hubby told him to stop calling people names. I think that kid’s Dad got mad…but oh well! If you aren’t going to teach your kid that…..we will try! What is with some parents? I just don’t get it! So, anyways…that was fun.

MIL was at the game and she had just been to an ultra-sound with SIL. She isn’t due until mid-August, but they are telling her the baby already weighs over 5 pounds. YIKERS! MIL was so cute…she said: “I don’t know if you can see chubby cheeks on an ultrasound, but I sure think I did!” It is going to be neat to see how she is with SIL and the baby. I have always told her that the way I am with my Mom and my kids is different….maybe now she will understand that a bit better. Anyways, the good news is, SIL’s placenta previa corrected itself and everything looks good! So, PTL for that! Hopefully she will be able to have a natural delivery! That is going to be hard enough as a single mom….I can’t imagine what it would be like to have a c-section and be single…just because there is so much you are limited from doing with a c-section. So, our prayers for her are working. Just keep praying!!!

So, after the game, we came home and gave the kids baths. We put FAB to bed and then I-Man was watching “the dirty show”…aka “Fear Factor” with me. He said the cutest thing…he looked at me and said: “Mommy, will I ever be a papaw?” And I said: “Probably. When you are older and your kids have kids, then you will be a papaw. Why do you ask?” I-Man: “Because I want to be a papaw.” Me: “Why do you want to be a papaw?” I-Man: “Because I want to be like Papaw Tucky!” Me: “Why?” I-Man: “Because he is fun to be with and he spoils me. I want to spoil someone.” I thought that was so cute! What a trip!!!! The things these kids think of!

So, yesterday was a good day at work. Again, not a lot going on. So, KK and I went and I got my haircut!!! I got it CHOPPED OFF! And I think I am really going to like it. It wasn’t hard at all to get all that hair cut off. I can try to be 31 and skinnier with long hair! I almost made it to 30 with long hair…just a little over 2 weeks shy! Oh well. It isn’t as short as it was last time…but it is pretty short. Anyways, I have decided the key to me liking my haircut is taking KK with me. I need her to be VOCAL because I am not. You think I would learn after almost 30 years old that I need to SPEAK up…but I haven’t. So, the guy who does my hair was so funny….he looked at KK and tells her to call him if I am not happy with it and bring me in and he will fix it. It was a riot. He didn’t even tell me that because he knew I wouldn’t. What a trip!!!!!

So, the rest of work was fine….went and got the kids…..came home and cooked dinner, we ate and then we were off to Detergent’s son’s birthday party. We had fun hanging out with a lot of the families from church. The kids got FILTHY because they were playing in a sandbox…and being hot and sweaty, it stuck to them…and then FAB had a sucker and had sticky all over her. I don’t do well with dirty kids! We stayed there for a while and had fun and then came home and gave the kids baths. I took a shower and then watched Big Brother (LOVE the DVR)…and then went to bed!

Today will be a fun day! KK is going to play with my hair (yes, we are working!!!). We have a late meeting today and then we are doing out to dinner and to see Seinfeld with the District Managers. It should be a fun evening!!! My mom came up to watch the kiddos…so they will have a fun day today! I am going to miss I-Man’s t-ball game tonight…which is a bummer…but this will be the only one I miss!

So, that is about it for today! I better get off here and do SOME work today!!! You all have a great day!!!

5 comments:

girlie_mom said...

Hey lady, talking this week was great. I think it did good for both of us. I really think we should take that time more often!! I can't wait to see your new 'do!! You know I am partial to long hair, (duh) but I know yours will be cute!

Have fun seeing Seinfeld.

Lots of love!

Kelley said...

That is so funny about you taking KK with you to get your hair cut. I'm tellin' ya girl, when you are 60, your friends will still be there for you helping you out! LOL! Only this time it will be "this bra makes your boobs perky/sag"! LOL!

Sorry work is going slow, but hey....NO STINKY PETE!!!!! I'd rather have a slow day!

Have fun seeing Seinfeld! Nice to have a girls night out every once and while!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

Yeah for honest friends! I'm the same way as you when it comes to speaking up. I once had hubby fix my haircut b/c the back looked retarded. Talk about desperation! :) Anyway, glad you like the new cut better!

Have fun tonight being "out on the town"! Love ya! p.s. Are you using actual aloe lotion (for sunburns) b/c that might make a difference than just a normal lotion with aloe. Just a suggestion. Also, try putting a wet towel in the fridge and then holding it on there. It will draw some of the heat out of it. Boy, do I sound knowledgeable or what? :)

Jodi said...

I need to borrow KK....they are having a fund raiser hair cutting on Sunday....there are several ladies in my church who are beauticians and I'm thinking of actually having someone cut my hair!!! but anyways...I have the same problem that you about speaking up...oh well

that was precious what I-man said about wanting to be a papaw...I really love the way his mind works! He is such a special little guy!

love you sis!

Kelley said...

Oh, Sara is SO right! The actual aloe will be so much better.

Anyway, I was writing you to let you know that there isn't that much that a doctor can do for it. I've had 3rd degree sunburns and I know it hurts. Tylenol will help and so will the aloe. Make sure you PAT your skin, not rub. A cold compress will help you too....as much as you can stand!

A doctor might be able to prescribe some lotion, but at this point, the aloe is more worth the try and then if that doesn't work, try the doctor. I'm sorry it hurts so bad.
Lots of Love!