Monday, June 12, 2006

Hello Again!

Hola Mis Amigas! I hope you all are doing well and that you had a nice weekend! Our prayers are still with HBM and her family as they are going through the pain of losing Elvis’ grandma. So, continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers. We all miss them so much when they are not “home” in Ohio!

So, here is my update! Last week, I survived all of my meetings! I was SO glad when Friday rolled around. They all went well…but it just makes for a long week. I know I have said it before, but the people who planned 3 meetings back-to-back are the people who just “show up”…not the ones who have all the pre-work to do! But, they went fine!

My weekend was a bit of a whirlwind! But it was a nice whirlwind! Friday, I left work about a half hour early because I called my mom and she told me that Sister, Buford and my Dad were all up here. So, I went to their house and hung out for a bit before Sister, Buford and I-Man went to a tractor pull. Hubby dropped in too and then he went home to do yard-work. My mom and I ran to Sally Beauty and we bought a perm and then went back to her house and she put it on my hair. It looks alright…I will like it better after I go get my hair cut (trimmed) soon. I haven’t made the appointment yet…but I need to do that soon! So, anyways, she gave me a perm and then FAB and I went home. Hubby had the yard looking very nice! I had bought these lights to hang on the back of the house and I needed a few more strands….so I went to Meijer and got those and then we had a quick dinner and then put FAB to bed and I think I went to bed soon thereafter!

Saturday morning…we got up and got ready and Hubby went to work and FAB and I went over to my parents house. We had a graduation party to go to for my cousin – who graduated from Greeneview as the valedictorian and class president! I am so proud of him! Anyways…Mom and Dad headed off to help decorate and cook for that and Sister, Buford, FAB and I headed to the party store to get decorations for my parents party. Well, we are both very indecisive…so we walked around the store and they didn’t really have a lot for 40th Anniversary (actually they had nothing)…so we liked the Tiki Hut party decorations, but we just had a luai party recently and didn’t want to copy….so we left there with very few items for their party. Sister is going to go to a place in KY to see if they have anything. But I did get all the decorations for SIL’s baby shower and also for FAB’s birthday party. So, it wasn’t a total wasted trip!

Then we went to the graduation party. That was nice…oh, Hubby met us there. Then Hubby, FAB and I went home…so FAB could take a nap. Well, we had to wake her up and then drop her off at my parent’s house with Sister so we could go to PT practice. While we were at church, my parents, Sister, Buford, I-Man and FAB all went to see “Cars”. I was bummed that we couldn’t go…..I hate missing out on spending time with my family!!!! It seems like it has been happening a lot lately. Anyways, so they all saw that movie and had fun…..the kids ended up spending the night at their house. Mom said FAB was good, I was surprised by that!!!

Sunday, we got up and got ready for church….picked up the kiddos and went to church. They were in rare form. We have to de-program them after spending so much time with Mimi and Papaw!!! After church, we went to BK for lunch with MIL and SIL. We also saw Teacher and her daughter there. Then we came home and took naps! I love my Sunday naps! Detergent called and asked if we could watch her kids while she had a meeting at work. So, the plan was that I would go to Women’s group a little late when she got back…but she didn’t get back until later than we thought…so I ended up not going to women’s group. Hubby told me to go, but I didn’t want to leave him alone with 5 kids – although they were all very good. He told me that if it was Men’s Group, he would’ve gone…and I don’t doubt that! But I am not him!!! It was fine. I got some knitting done at home and enjoyed spending time with Hubby and the kids. I didn’t really see much of the in the weekend, so it was nice. Like I said, Detergent’s kids were very well behaved and everyone got along just fine! I-Man had a rough night because he was so tired…but all in all, it was fine!

So, that was my weekend! A few things I left out….PT Practice. Since Elvis and HBM were in Tennessee, it was our first experience without them. I was so impressed with everyone! It went really well. And then on Sunday, it was great! We had a little bit of a rocky start on the first song…but after that it was GREAT. I think Elvis will be proud. Sight Sing and the other guy “in charge” did a great job. I was very pleased!!!! I am kinda excited about not being on stage next week. We won’t be at practice because we have the party…so we will just get to sit and worship! I think that will be a nice change. The only time I haven’t been on stage, I have been in the back. So, I am looking forward to the change. But, I won’t be singing with HBM again for quite a while! Next week, we are out…the following week, she is out….the next week, we are out (we are going to KY for the holiday weekend)…and the next week, HBM is out again! GEESH! The funny thing is, KK and her family want to visit on a weekend when we are up on stage and when Elvis is there (because her son might take guitar lessons from him), but that may not be until the middle of July!!!! I told her to just come and visit soon anyways!

I guess that is about it! Another busy week ahead of us…and getting ready for the party this weekend. Please pray that it does NOT rain on Saturday! We would like to have it outside…kinda counting on that….so rain would be a BAD thing!

Have a great day and I will talk to you all later! Love ya!


2 comments:

Sara said...

Good to see you yesterday, even if only for a bit. Your hair looked cute, but it was up, so I couldn't see much of the perm. It still looked cute, though! :)

I hope your parent's party goes well and no rain! I'm with ya on that! You guys did a fantastic job yesterday! Everything came together great!

Kelley said...

Glad everything went so well on Sunday. He's heard nothing but great reviews. He keeps saying that he needs to retire since he's trained ya'll to do it by yourself! LOL!

Sorry it was such a whirlwind of a weekend. Sounds like you got a lot of stuff done. I can't believe that we won't be singing together AGAIN. This is driving me crazy!!!! Is DaddyMac going to sing????? Not if he knows what's good for him, right?!?!? LOL!

Can't wait to see the perm. Sounds so cute!! I need to see if I can get one done in a few months....if they will do one for me!

Lots of Love!