Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ramblings...

Happy Tuesday Ladies! I am not feeling the greatest today…I think I am just tired. I think I am getting to that stage of the pregnancy where you feel tired all the time. I just don’t feel like I am getting good night’s of sleep – because I have to get up and go to the bathroom a million times…and because I get really bad leg cramps. I am forcing myself to drink 2 big glasses of milk a day, hoping that will help, but the leg cramps are the pits! I had the same thing last time I was pregnant too. I think it has something to do with Girls…like they pull more calcium from us or something. I didn’t have them this bad with I-Man. Oh well. It will all be worth it in the end!!!

Let’s see. Yesterday was a good day at work. Pretty non-eventful, actually! We have a big meeting coming up in a few weeks (July 12) and so KK and I were working on that yesterday. I think we are going to have to take a road-trip to Cincinnati later this week to the meeting location (Dave & Busters) to see the room that we are in and figure out how to make everything work. That will be a fun road-trip!

After work, I went and got the kiddos. I-Man was playing inside and the rest of the kids were outside. He had gotten in trouble, so he had to play inside. Poor little guy! But I am glad my Aunt disciplines him! Lord knows he needs it! We got home and seriously, last night, I-Man was asking about a million questions! It just never stopped with him! He was getting on my last nerve! Bless his heart….but you can only take so much of “Mommy, why….” “Mommy, why….” “Mommy, why…” before it gets to you! Anyways, we got home and I put some laundry away and just straightened up the house a bit…then Hubby got home and we got dinner for the kids really quickly and then headed out the door to his softball game.

I-Man was a real pill at the game, let me tell you. He was LOUD and the other kids (all older than him) were laughing at everything he said…so that just got him going. He kept talking about smelling donuts and that the team was bad and who knows what else. I kept saying…”Where is his mother?” Hubby’s friend from work played with them again last night and so his wife and daughter came to the game. It was nice to sit and talk to her..and her little girl is very cute. We have been trying to get them to come to our church, but they live a little far away. So, I can understand that. And HBM and Elvis and Pita were there…so it was good to chat with them a bit too. But I also was the “official score-keeper”, so I had to pay attention to the game, carry on a few conversations…oh, and watch my kids! It was a little nerve-racking. That is one of the reasons that I stopped going to the games a few years ago….because I hated doing the book and not being able to just relax. I don’t mind it as much now…but it is hard to keep an eye on my kids too. Oh well….they did fine. Luckily K-Dog’s daughter was there and she helped with FAB and also took I-Man to the potty for me. He has bad timing. SIL #1 came a little late too, so she played with the kids too. She has been coming to a lot of things lately! She was at the ice cream social and the games and it is just good to see her involved in more things! I wonder if she is getting bored living alone. If that is the case, that will change in 2 months! She won’t be bored anymore!!!!
So, after the game, we went to Applebee’s with the Cable Guy and his family. He owed Hubby money..so they bought our dinner. Despite HORRIBLE service, we had a good time. I am not one to complain, as most of you know, but it was HORRIBLE service. We waited about 20 minutes for our drinks….and then another 40 minutes for our food…and the kids were getting RESTLESS. But it was nice to sit and visit with them. Hubby and Cable Guy get along very well…they actually went to college together and then met again when they started working together. His wife is very nice and their little girl and FAB get along very well….besides fighting over who would sit on her (the wife’s) lap. That was too cute. They hugged and kissed a lot!

We came home and gave the kids baths and put them to bed and I followed suit. I am just so tired right now! I am seriously having a hard time convincing myself to stay at work instead of going home and just crawling back into bed! A good “mental health” day with no kids would be nice! Oh well! I am taking next Monday & Wednesday off….so I will have a nice long weekend this weekend! I am looking forward to our trip to Kentucky! It will be nice to spend some time with my family down there and away from our own “hustle and bustle” that we have at home. We will be back home for the 4th of July…so we will have to figure out what our evening “fireworks” plans will be.

That is really about it! Not a whole lot to talk about! Today, Stinky Pete is back. I haven’t had to see or talk to him yet…so that is GREAT! I-Man has a t-ball game tonight…only 4 more games until his season is over. Actually, he will probably miss his last game because it is during Camp Extreme and Hubby is teaching and I am a “secretary”…so he will have to miss his last game. I am looking forward to it being over so we have more time to just be home in the evenings!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day! Love ya and talk to you soon!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Can we say Class Clown!! lol...I think that role has I-man's name written alll over it....but he has the sweet nature to pull it off without being a bully...so be thankful that while he is LOUD...he is entertaining!! lol

I also forgot to say how happy I am that you all got a camera!! Now maybe we'll see some home movies of your kids!! lol

see you soon!!

Missy said...

Sister...Yes....I think I can even EMAIL the home videos. Not sure HOW to do it yet...but I think I can!

COOL!

Kelley said...

I'm sorry you're not getting much sleep. I read somewhere that it is supposed to prepare you for the baby! I hope those leg cramps go away....I remember those! YUCK!

It was nice to talk to you yesterday! FAB is the cutest!!! And I-Man...he still is a doll! We even got donuts 'cuz of him yesterday! LOL!

Have fun next week taking off two days...that will be fun!

Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

Man lady you do so much stuff!! No wonder you are tired all the time. Have you actually went back and read what you do in a day???

Yucko about the service! I hate when that happens then you get even more mad at the kids b/c they are just being crazy too.

I would say you deserve a few days off too, with all that you have been doing. A "business" trip to Dave & Busters??? sounds GREAT to me. I haven't been there in forever. that will be a fun meeting. You all do some fun things for meetings, let me tell ya!

Hope the rest of today is good!

Lots of love!

Sara said...

I just caught up on your journal. That is so sweet about your dad on Sunday. I'm bummed that I missed seeing your parents, though. We always had the best time at their house. (old house, that is!) I teared up reading about that.

Anyway, I'm glad the shower came off well. I don't know what to say about your family...well, hubby's side, that is. SIL #1 is riding up with Froggy next Thursday night for the Nurse's wedding. That should be interesting with having her around for all of the bridal party stuff. I feel bad for her about that, but oh well. Anyway, I can't imagine why SIL #2 would be telling you all how to raise your kids...weird!

Hope things are better with Stinky Pete being back. GET SOME REST! Stop cleaning so much! You make me feel guilty! :) Love ya!