Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hump Day!!! Hooray!

Hello! Well, I have had so much to say in the comments in everyone else’s journals, I probably don’t have much left to say in my own! Geesh! Sorry for journaling in your journals, I just have a lot to say!

Yesterday was a fine day at work. I did see Stinky Pete – but it was only for a brief time! He didn’t do too much to aggravate me on his first day back from vacation. I am sure it won’t take long! The good news is….he is out of the office today and tomorrow. So, I will only have to see him on Friday – and the chances are good that he will be too busy to bother me! So, work was fine! The whole “going to the potty” thing has really kicked in a lot the past few days. At work, if I get up from my desk, I have to go to the potty. It gets rather annoying. For example, I have been here for a bit over 2 hours and I have already been to the potty 3 times! GEESH! Oh well. It is a break from work, right?!?!

After work, I went and picked up the kiddos. Aunt Chatty Cathy told me that she needs next Friday and the whole week after off. I was a bit surprised at first…uh, thanks for the notice! But I am so happy for them! Skinny Cousin (her daughter) and her family are going on a cruise. They are buying one of the tickets for Aunt Chatty Cathy and Uncle Funny Hat to go with them….as an anniversary present! So, all ACC had to do is buy one ticket and the rest is paid for! So, who could turn that down! What a nice gift! I wish we could afford to give my parent’s gifts like that! But they will have so much fun! I am sure that part of it is that it will be nice to have Grandma and Grandpa there with the kids….plus they have never been on a cruise before, so it will be nice to have the experienced cruisers with them. So, fun for them! ACC was nearly in tears when she was telling me about it. You could tell she was very touched. Especially because Skinny Cousin told her that it was her husband’s idea. They wanted to give them a gift because they do so much for them. Very neat! SO…Now I need to decide what the heck we are going to do with our kids next Thursday & Friday and then the following week. I have asked my mom to come up, if she can….but she has been up here so much lately, I don’t know how she feels about coming up for a whole week. If she can do the week of the 10th, then I can either take vacation all week next week or figure out someone to watch the kids for two days. Dilemmas! This is when it REALLY sucks to be a working mom! Trying to figure out who to take care of your kids is the PITS! Plus, I hate asking people for help! Oh well. It will work itself out, I am sure! Yet again, don’t know what I would do without my Mom!!!!

So, anyways….enough of my whining! The kids and I got home and I-Man played games on the computer while I put laundry away (an every day thing at our house) and then made them a quick snack before we headed off to I-Man’s t-ball game. I used our camcorder to tape the game…so cute! I-Man was hamming it up for the camera a few times….but he did really good! This was another team that plays “outs”, so as soon as I noticed that, I had a little talk with I-Man and told him how important it was that he runs as fast as he can or he might get out. I think he took me seriously because he did better! There were actually quite a few outs last night….a lot more than normal! All of the kids did really well with it. I really don’t mind that they play outs, because how else are they going to learn how it really works? But I just wish they were all consistent with it. We really have been blessed with some great kids and parents on this team. The mother who was in charge of snacks last night wasn’t very smart, though. She made cupcakes – and iced them like baseballs. So, a cute idea. But the kids are filthy…cupcakes are messy….and she didn’t bring any napkins. HELLO? Oh well. A little dirt never hurt. The funny thing is, we were going out for pizza after the game with KK and her family…so whenever I-Man would run to first (where KK’s Hubby was base-coaching) he would ask him if we were going for pizza afterwards. He did it about 3 times! Then…he would get to third (where KK’s oldest son was base-coaching) and he would ask him the same thing. All that kid thinks about is food! He and KK’s youngest son have become good buds! They had fun together. We are trying to get KK to bring him to Camp Extreme. So, we’ll see!

So, after the game we all went out for pizza and had fun. FAB was being a pill….but what is new? KK just keeps laughing and saying that she can’t wait to see us with 3 kids. We told her that we sure wouldn’t be going out for pizza with 3! We will probably never go out again! I cannot imagine it will be easy! Maybe if FAB were older….it is going to be interesting, that is for sure!

OH, at the game, one of the mother’s IMMEDIATELY noticed and commented on my shorter hair. What is funny about that? My MIL and SILs were also there….and they haven’t said one word about my hair being short. Either they haven’t noticed or they don’t like it or they just don’t care. I don’t know which one it is…but it seems a little odd to me. Oh well. I like it and that is all that matters!!!

So, after we had pizza we came home and gave the kids baths…put FAB to bed…I-Man went to his room to watch Scooby Dooby….Hubby was in our room watching the Reds and I watched my Soap Opera. Then we all went to bed! I am really ready for tonight…we have NO PLANS! So, hopefully it will just be a relaxing evening at home, for a change! I-Man will be bored. Every day when I pick him up he asks…”Mommy, do we have to do something tonight?” And if the answer is no, he gets upset. He likes to be on the go!

Umm…today will be a fun day at work! KK and I are driving to Dave & Busters in Cincinnati to check out the room where our meeting will be. She also wants to do a little “shopping” while we are down there. So, that will make the day go by MUCH faster! Then I just have to make it through tomorrow and Friday before I have LOOOONNNGGGG weekend! I am really looking forward to getting away for a few days!

I guess that is about it! Everything else is going fine. We are having some financial “issues”….but nothing that God isn’t in control of. I just have to keep reminding myself of that. We are nowhere near the bad situation we were in last year…so I am thankful for that. I am just worried about adding a third child into our budget! Kids aren’t cheap, that much I know for sure!!!!

Everyone have a great day. Please pray for Debbie and the situation she has asked for prayer for…if you haven’t read her journal, it is in there.

Okay…I have to add this on. As I was finishing typing this, I got a call from Hubby and he asks me how long it will take me to get home. I instantly think that something is wrong with one of the kids. Nope. He has locked his keys in the house….so he and the kids are in the backyard! So, I had to drop everything and run home to let them in. The nice part about that is….I got to see the kids this morning! I-Man just kept hugging and kissing me. What a sweetie…..sometimes!!!!

Okay…have a great day!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Too funny about asking for pizza! That boy was hungry...do you ever feed him?

That is awesome about the cruise taht ACC is going on. We'll be at Cornerstone next Thursday and Friday, but if you need some help next week, I might can help. Just let me know.

Praying about your financial dilema!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

I-man is so funny! A kid after my own heart...."where's the food?"

Yeah for being out of the office today! I had to run out several times already, but it's no fun at this point! Maybe you can play some quick Skeeball while you're at D&B's! :) You need to post a pic of your hair since I won't see you for awhile. Love ya!

girlie_mom said...

Hey yeah post a pic b/c I won't see you either.

You can bring the kids over here whenever your mom can't watch them. I know the girls will LOVE having them over. Bring their suits and we can play in the sprinkler in the backyard. Seriously whatever days you don't have anyone to watch them, bring them over here. Even if it is all week. Not a big deal, plus the kids haven't played in a loooong time so it should be fun. I really don't mind saying that as I have been cleaning house like a mad woman, the kitchen and dining room look nice so hopefully Baby will do most of the living room. I say that b/c if the house were dirty I wouldn't want anyone else's kids here, just would be a bit embarrassed.

I guess if you bring the kids then I would see your new 'do, but post a pic anyway.

Hope your trip wasn't too stressful, all those lights and sounds can be soo rough sometimes. :) LOL

Lots of love!!