Friday, June 30, 2006

Happy Friday!

Hello Ladies! Happy Friday! Happy LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND FRIDAY! That makes it even better!!! I always love the 4th of July…because I love getting together with my family and my birthday is also right around the corner. However, this year, we won’t be having the big pool party at my parent’s house like we normally do….and I am turning 30 this year…so that is the PITS! But I am still looking forward to getting down to my parent’s house and having a few days off work!!!!

SO! What has been happening in the exciting life of me? Let’s see….Wednesday, I had a good day at work. KK and I had fun driving to Cincinnati and checking out the meeting room at Dave & Busters. That is going to be a fun meeting! We also had to run to the mall while we were there. There are a couple of make-up stores that are only in Cincy, so she needed to run in there really quick. Then we came back to the office and it was nearly time for me to go home! YEAH! So, I left work and got the kids and then we went HOME and didn’t have to leave to go anywhere! What a concept?!?! It was nice! The kids played outside, I got some cleaning done….cleaned the refrigerator out. With all the parties we have had lately, it was full of stuff that we just needed to get rid of. So, I did that. And some laundry…and also just relaxed. It was so nice to be home for a whole evening! That just doesn’t happen often enough. But, t-ball is over soon, so it will start happening more. OH, we did watch I-Man’s t-ball game on TV (because I taped it on Tuesday night). He and FAB got so excited to see themselves on TV. I need to tape more often!!!! But I-Man wants to make sure I take the DVD to show Aunt YaYa and Uncle Buford him playing. He is such a ham!!!! So, that was about it on Wednesday!

Thursday….another fine day at work. I got my child-care issues taken care of – thanks to GREAT friends!!!! Next week on Thursday and Friday, Scrapbook Queen is going to watch them! And the following week will be my mom and my MIL. Minnie helped us out yesterday and offered to help any day…so THANK YOU! It is great to have such great friends!!!! Minnie…I may need to have you on stand-by that last Thursday and Friday because I never know how reliable MIL will be. Isn’t that sad to say, but true!!!!

So, anyways, work was fine on Thursday. MIL and I exchanged quite a few emails at work. She was telling me that FIL told her that he “feels left out” at birthday parties and stuff (for my kids), so that is why he isn’t coming to FAB’s party. Talk about selfish! Well, first of all, it is his 1st anniversary that day….so I didn’t really expect them to come anyways. But not for the reason he gave MIL! He is such a big baby. And it is all his fault. Of course my kids don’t flock to him…they don’t know him! And that is his fault! So, she was telling me that she was trying to “fix it” and was thinking about giving FIL suggestions like “just you (FIL) take I-Man fishing” or “out for ice-cream”. I basically told her that she needed to stay out of it. This isn’t her fault, she can’t fix it and putting her nose into it is not going to help. I know that it hurts her to see the “lack of relationship” between FIL and the kids….but no one can force him to make the effort. He just doesn’t get it. I hope that things will be different for him and SIL’s baby, as he will be the only grandpa in his life. Okay…so that went on all day. Then, last night at I-Man’s t-ball game, FIL and Step-MIL showed up. Great! I think that is really great, I do! So, of course FAB immediately came and set on my lap. She is scared of him. She warmed up to Step-MIL and was playing, but still wouldn’t go near him. So, MIL keeps trying to forcer her to go to him….and then I over-hear him say “There is only one papaw.” HATE HIM. At that moment, I was ready to rip his hair out – one strand at a time. How DARE he say that???!!!! (Sister, don’t tell Mom and Dad this. They don’t need any more reason to dis-like FIL.) But I was really ready to rip him a new one. So, I sat there and tried to get myself under control and didn’t say a word about it. I haven’t even mentioned it to Hubby yet. I will probably talk to him about it on the way to my parent’s house tonight. It just really rubbed me the wrong way. So, then he started talking about calling him Grandpa instead of Papaw. Whatever. It won’t matter. My kids still won’t know him and love him like they do my Dad. That is so sad….but so true. He is too self-centered to even understand what being a Grandpa or a Papaw means. So, anyways. He was there at the game last night. He hasn’t made it to too many games, so I know that Hubby was glad to see him there. I am just going to stop there…..but saying one more thing…DRAMA. ALWAYS DRAMA with my in-laws!!!!

So, back to Thursday! Hubby was going to stay home with the kids, because he didn’t work to get someone to watch the kids. But, he called Minnie and she was willing to watch them for a few hours. So, again, THANK YOU MINNIE!!!! But, before he went to work, he took the kids out to go to garage sales! Apparently, he found one that was next to an auction and so he ended up going to the auction too. If you have never been to an auction, it is quite fun. I think he got carried away bidding….because he bought a bunch of JUNK. But he had fun! He did get FAB a really cute Little Tykes kitchen. I had to go pick it up after I got the kids, because it wouldn’t fit in the car….but it is very cute. The ladies at the garage sale just went on and on about how cute my kids are and how sweet my husband was. And yes, I was at the right place! LOL

So, we got home and then I made dinner and then we headed to the t-ball game. I actually packed FAB and I-Man’s clothes before we left and mine too! So, once Hubby finishes the laundry today, I can finish packing so we can leave this evening. I think we are going to come back on Monday afternoon instead of Tuesday morning because Hubby’s family is having a camp-out on Monday night…and I know that I-Man will have a ton of fun at that. So, we’ll see!

Well, I feel like this has been a very scatter-brained entry because I have been working while typing it. So, hopefully it makes sense! I will try to journal at my parents house…..but their computer is slow. So, I may not!

Have a great weekend! Keep praying for all of our “journal buddies”! Love you all!!!!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

FIL needs to understand that his poor choices come with consequences and he needs to deal with it...he won't though because he is stinking selfish...I'm sorry that you all are having to deal with the consequences too....and I do agree that MIL needs to stay out of it! grrrrrr....

not my inlaws....I need to hold my tounge a little better about them lol...but they make me crazy that they are making you so stressed!!!

AND YAYAYAYAY you had a relaxing evening...it's about sitnking time...your journals make me tired! lol

love you!!! see you soon!!

Sara said...

Your FIL is such a pork knob. (new word I heard recently) He's always been a retard, but he's even more so now. I agree that your MIL needs to butt out! He's not her husband anymore....

I hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy being with your family! Love ya!

girlie_mom said...

Hey they aren't my in-laws but I'm not going to hold my tongue...FIL sucks. He has always been a creep and will always be a creep. I am sure the Geez is sad about it, but he knows deep down that your dad is REAL, and loves them.

I don't know that I would've held my tongue on the only one pawpaw. I would've hit the roof. And MIL...well I don't know how you deal with them Missy. I have always said that it takes a special person to be in that family, and you are DEFINATELY a special person. So sorry that your kids are dealing with that too. But at least you know FAB has good instincts. :)

Hey perfect reason to have a girls night out...your birthday!!!! Anybody want to??? Just an idea!

Love ya lots, and the kids can come over ANYTIME!!!

SebbieDue said...

Oh Boy, your FIL, is, well, your FIL! Typical...unfortunately.

I'm sorry you had to deal w/ that, esp. the Papaw comment. And MIL? I guess she'll always have that instinct to be wifely to him. It just doesn't go away like, poof, after a divorce. So sad for everyone; mostly for your kids. Thank God they have a Papaw that loves them and has their best interest at heart and not his own. Between your hubby and your dad, I think they'll be ok. :)

Enjoy your time this weekend! and REST! :)

Much love, dear Missy!

Josy said...

Have a great weekend, Missy!

Kelley said...

Well, I don't know FIL, but from what I do....argh! I really am sad that MIL thinks that she still has to stick up for him. If he wants to come to the party, then he should tell you. I'm just so sorry that you are dealing with this. Maybe it will be different for SIL.....but don't count on it. And I don't know why he feels too "left out". Hubby has talked to him EVERY time and apparently carry on a decent conversation....sounds like he just wants to blame you for him not wanting to come to things for your kids. It's not your fault. It's his.

So....turning 30, huh? I can't believe you actually put that in your journal! LOL! You're a beautiful pregnant soon to be 30 year old!

Have a wonderful trip! Relax and have fun!

Lots of Love!