Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Remember me?

Hello Ladies! It has been a while…but I have been lurking…and commenting here and there. So, I think I am all caught up on all of you – at least for the most part! I am not going to bore you with all the details of the past few days, but let me just sum it up by saying….it has been a nice few days off of work!

Let’s see, highlights of my weekend….we had a very nice time in ‘Tucky. We didn’t do any one thing that was really exciting, but just had a nice relaxing weekend. I needed that. I don’t think I have relaxed very much lately! So, we did a lot of that. I bet Sister was bored…but it was nice. The kids had fun playing with my parents and Sister and Buford, Hubby really liked my parent’s house and he got to play golf with Dad, Buford and I-Man…..and he visited Southeast Christian Church (which has about 26,000 in attendance every week). So, he had a good trip. We got the kids pictures taken at Wally World down there. They did pretty good. Umm…what else? We watched some movies, went to the flea market – where I found an adorable bumper pad for Gracie. It is Pottery Barn and is very cute!!! We played some poker and just had a nice time visiting! I did miss my parent’s “Party House” with the big pool and the entire family coming down for the 4th, but it was still a nice weekend! We came home on Monday.

Since we have been home…well, the reason we decided to come home on Monday instead of Tuesday is that Hubby’s uncle was having a camp-out at his house for all “the boys”. So, we got home from ‘Tucky and put the kids down for naps. Hubby and I went out and cleaned out the pool and then just laid around in the pool for a bit. It was very nice and relaxing and refreshing since it was stinking hot! Then Hubby and I-Man took off for the campout and FAB and I headed to the grocery store for a few things…then got dinner and came home. She went to bed pretty early, so I had the house to myself! I colored my hair. And once I did it, I was shocked at how light it is…I went a bit lighter than I normally do and it shocked me. But no one has even mentioned it, so it must just be very different to me. Then again, I have really only seen Hubby’s family and they didn’t even notice I got about 6 inches cut off, so why would they notice the color?!?! I saw Minnie too, but it was dark and rainy. Anyways, so I did that and then went to bed, pretty much.

The boys got home pretty early on the 4th. FAB and I were still sleeping. Their campout ended early – as they were all awake by 6:30ish and playing t-ball! So, they broke camp down and came home. Hubby took a shower and then went back to sleep for a bit. I-Man didn’t even camp in the same tent as Hubby…so Hubby was all by himself! I-Man wanted to be with his cousins….so funny! Well, I-Man did not go back to sleep! So, we all got ready and headed back over to Hubby’s Uncle’s house for a cook-out. It rained for a bit, but they put tarps up and it wasn’t that bad. It didn’t stop the fun! The boys (I-Man and Hubby’s cousins) played t-ball, ate, swam, played kick-ball and just had a grand ole’ time! I-Man didn’t stop all day! Oh, MIL was there with her boyfriend. He is very odd, I think. They act like a couple of teen-agers. But, I guess that is what dating is like, no matter what age you are! So, we left there and got home and we all took showers. It was so hot and wet and just yuck! So, we all took showers and then headed out to Delco Park to watch the fireworks. We got there and got some good “fair-type” food. We really wanted funnel cakes, but the lines were RIDICULOUS! FAB had a dirty diaper there (JOY!) and she was being a brat. She spilled I-Man’s drink…and just was not cooperating! I was ready to go home. But we went and found a spot to watch the fireworks. We saw the guy that SIL used to date…the one we REALLY loved. He is married and has a 9 month old baby girl and another baby on the way! We both hugged him and told him how much we missed him. He was such a wonderful person. Then we saw Hotty – the boy that Hubby grew up with and has been great friends with forever. He broke up with the girl we loved….and is dating someone else. It was the first time I met her. She was nice…but not Juli, the girl we both loved so much. This girl is someone he has had a thing for for MANY years, so it really is no surprise that they are together and getting serious very quickly. I am going to have to give her a chance….even though I loved Juli so much! Then we saw someone else that Hubby used to play softball with…so we talked to him and his family….then Minnie and her family got there to watch the fireworks. Then….it starts POURING! Luckily, I had brought a big umbrella. So, Minnie and her girls and me and my kids all crowded on the blanket under the umbrella. We were about to walk back to the van, when the fireworks started. So, we stuck it out! The kids had fun and oohed and ahhed over them. Then we walked back to the van…only to WAIT in traffic for nearly an hour! It took us an hour to get home and we were not even 3 miles from our house! OH well! The kids fell asleep right away and it wasn’t that bad. Next year, we are going to walk from Minnie’s house, I think. That was the pits last night!

Today has been a nice day! The kids both slept in until after 9:00!!!! That was a blessing! Then Hubby got up and went to work, I made pancakes for the kids for breakfast. Then I got to work cleaning the house. I did some dusting, vacuuming, laundry and then, after lunch, I rearranged the furniture in our bedroom. Hubby hasn’t seen it yet…I am sure that he (and all of you) will yell at me for moving furniture when I am pregnant…but it wasn’t that hard! I want to switch our two dressers around (which involves moving the TV) but I know I couldn’t do that by myself, so hopefully Hubby will do that when he gets home. The way I have it now will allow plenty of room for the cradle next to my side of the bed. Oh, and I washed my curtains today! Just the ones in the bedroom…but our bedroom get so dusty!!! That made me happy to wash my curtains. I need to do that in FAB’s room too….so maybe another day! The kids have been good today and have either played with eachother or alone…or I have played with them some too. They both took LONG naps! I think they are just getting caught up from the busy few days! They didn’t sleep as much as they normally do when we were in ‘Tucky. They made up for it today. Plus, when I was telling I-Man to take a nap, I told him that he wouldn’t be taking naps for the next few days and he laughed a devious laugh and said “Because Miss (Scrapbook Queen) doesn’t make me take naps!” He is excited about spending the next two days with her and her girls!

So, that is about it! I have to go back to work tomorrow….BLAH! But tomorrow is KK’s birthday, so I am looking forward to that! I am going to go get her a little present when Hubby gets home from work. We don’t usually exchange gifts, but I want to get her a little something. Little…because we have no money! Oh well! That is a whole other worry. I really think that my worry is getting out of hand. There are many times throughout the day that I panic and just feel ill because I start worrying about money and the baby and money and the kids and money. I know I am not alone…but I need to do a better job of getting it under control.

Umm…I was telling Minnie last night that when I was a kid, I always looked forward to the 4th of July because it was so close to my birthday. But, since I am turning 30 on Sunday, not so sure that I am looking forward to it!!! Plus, I can’t believe that FABulous is going to be 2 on Friday! Time flies!!! It just seems like yesterday that we were driving to the hospital to have her! She is so precious, I just can’t imagine life without her!

Well, I think that is about it for now! Please continue to pray for HBM and Elvis and Pita Pocket as they spend time with family and travel home. I know this has been a rough few weeks for them and hopefully this is the last traumatic event in their lives for a while!!!! Hopefully after this, HBM can focus on that little miracle growing inside of her and just enjoy being pregnant! Thankful prayers that the doctor’s were able to diagnose what has been going on with Boo. Hopefully the meds will help and this will be something she will out-grow! Prayer for Speedy and all those involved with The Nurse’s wedding this weekend…safety in travel and that everything goes smoothly. Pray for Sister and Buford as they continue trying for a little miracle. For Sebbiedue and CE next week and her unspoken request. Pray for Pepto and her hectic schedule and taking care of herself! Pray for Mandalynn and her crazy summer schedule. Thankful prayers for Josy and the much better place she is in now….may that continue. And just overall prayers for all the Journal Goddesses….I am thankful that our paths have crossed and that God brought each of you into my life. Love to all and talk to you soon!!!!

4 comments:

girlie_mom said...

Man that was a weepy ending of a blog!!! You are just soo sweet. :) Last night was fun...so sorry that it rained and traffic was terrible. I don't think it took us quite as long as you all to get home, but we have the pimp van so we could just run everyone else over, so they got out of our way.

Now next year do you really want to walk from our house, remember we will have to add 2 more to the mix and our little one will probably still be in the infant carrier. I think we should just go to Bob Evan's before and park there and walk over.

Hope work isn't too terrible tomorrow, (or rather today LOL)

Lots of love.

ps I couldn't tell your hair, still getting used to it being soo short :)

Kelley said...

I'm so glad that you had such a relaxing weekend. You so needed that....of course, then you come home and move furniture....which is exactly what I'm going to do when we get home! LOL!

You sound like my family when we go somewhere. Hubby can't go to one place in TN without seeing a ton of people that he knows!

I can't believe that this is the big weekend....the big 30. I told Hubby that next year I want to go to Gatlinburg and not see ANYBODY!!!! LOL! You'll be fine. You're a beautiful pregnant almost 30 year old!

Can't wait to see ya this weekend!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

I can't wait to see your hair. I still haven't seen it short. I bet it looks cute with the new color too!

You all could have parked at our house and walked over to Delco. It's not far at all. I assumed Hotty is Jason? Wow! He and Juli were together forever. Speaking of him Trina hasn't called me in forever. It got so bad that we almost changed our number. Anyway, another time....NMJ!

So, I figure I'm going to have to quit reading your journal b/c it's one big guilt trip for me. You're always cleaning or moving furniture. I'd be afraid of what I'd find behind my furniture...maybe a small child or something.

Anyway, glad you had a great weekend! Love ya!

Josy said...

Ya girl, don't feel bad. No one has even noticed my new cut/color either.

Thanks for the prayers!

And hey, what's wrong with turning 30? I'm ready for it.

Love in Faith,
Josy