Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday...Already?

Well, here we are at Monday again! But I only have to work today and tomorrow…so I guess I can’t really complain, huh? As if it does any good to complain anyways!

I had a nice weekend…are you ready for your recap? I am sure you are holding your breath! It wasn’t that exciting…so here goes:

Friday…I went to my Mom’s house and got the kiddos. I was going to see if my mom wanted to go shopping or anything, but when I got there I was tired and so was she. So, we decided to not do anything. So, the kids and I went home and then Hubby came home. We had dinner and then I-Man and Hubby were off to the football game. Well, poor FAB, she wants to “go bye-bye” all the time! So, rather than her throwing a fit when they left, we decided to leave at the same time. I really didn’t know where we were going, but we were going “bye-bye”. So, we didn’t get very far when my cell phone rang and it was New Mommy (sil). She asked if we wanted company for the evening…so FAB and I headed back home. Well, that went over like a lead balloon. FAB cried hysterically for about 20 minutes. No exaggeration. She threw herself down in the doorway…screaming that she wanted to go bye-bye. Finally I picked her up off the floor and tried to hold her…nope! So, I put her in her room and shut the door and told her she could come out when she was done crying. That didn’t work either. So, I put her in her crib. That didn’t work. So, finally she let me hold her and she actually fell asleep! I tried to put her down in her bed…but she woke up crying as soon as I did that…so I just held her. Then SIL got there with Little B and FAB was a perfect angel the rest of the evening. I got to hold Little B for hours!!! It was so nice! I changed two diapers and actually got to feed him a bottle. She is pumping so she doesn’t have to nurse when she is out. He did great….except he acts like he is starved and forgets to breath. Anyways…he is so stinking adorable! I enjoyed that time with SIL and him so much!!! I think she must be bored (I mean, I am sure I am not the first person that she wants to spend time with!). But it was very nice. We talked and I feel like we are really getting to know each other better again. I am just so stinking proud of her…I mean, really, I am. I asked her if she had listed “the donor’s” name on the birth certificate and she didn’t. She is really hoping that the State does not pursue him for child-support because apparently if they do, he will have quick access to her address and phone number. He tried to contact her through a mutual friend right before the baby was born, but he has no idea that Little B is here or that he is a boy or anything. So, hopefully she will continue down that path. She seems very determined. So, we will see. Again, it was just very nice to spend that time with her and Little B.

Hubby called during the football game and we talked to I-Man…who said…”Mommy, Fairmont is not doing good. The score is 0 to some other number that I don’t know!” How funny! So, they were home soon….and MIL took both kids to her house to spend the night. SIL stayed and chatted with Hubby when he got home and then she left and I went to bed! I had every intention of going to bed early….but it was nearly midnight before I made it there! That is late for me! But…the company was nice!
Saturday….Hubby and I got to sleep in! I woke up at about 9:30 and I just couldn’t lie there any longer. My legs were killing me. But it was nice to sleep in! So, I got up and got ready for the day. I called Diamond to see if Hubby could go pick up the swing and car-seat base we were buying/getting from her. That is when I found out the bad news about Little L. If you haven’t heard, a little girl at our church was diagnosed with leukemia on Friday night. Her dad took her to the doctor because of a rash…and after a long day/night of tests, this is what they found out. I was in shock and just couldn’t stop crying when I got off the phone with her. I cannot imagine what that family is going through. Hubby and I just stopped and he looked at me with tears in his eyes and we just couldn’t even say anything. How sad for that family. BUT! I know that we serve a Mighty God and a God of miracles and He will see them through this. That is my constant prayer for them. All day Saturday, I just kept praying for them and crying off and on all day.

So, MIL dropped the kids off and we just didn’t do much of anything! I did laundry and cleaned the house a bit. SIL #2 called and asked to do something with I-Man…so the plan was that he would lay in his bed and watch cartoons while FAB was in her bed and she would fall asleep and then we would get him up and ready to go with his Aunt. Well, that didn’t work out so well! FAB was WIDE awake and didn’t go to sleep, but I-Man did! So, Hubby got home from work and he tried to put FAB to sleep…but remember…she only wants Mommy! So, I lay down with her and finally got her to sleep while Hubby got I-Man up and ready for his day with SIL #2. She came and picked him up and took him to see Cars (for the 3rd time!) and out to dinner. They had fun! While they were gone, FAB and I ran to OUAC…they don’t have any double strollers right now. Hopefully I get one soon! I did buy some cute things for FAB and Little G. I got FAB the cutest little jean jacket! Then FAB and I ran into Marshalls…while we were there, SIL called and was ready to bring I-Man home. So, we ran home to meet them. She was very funny…she kept thanking me for letting her take him and she gave me a big hug when she left. I feel like we are making some progress with his sisters lately….not his parents…but his sisters, at least! So, Hubby came home from PT practice, we gave the kids baths and got them to bed and that was about it!

Sunday….church was good. I hadn’t been in service for a month…so that was nice! I got to hold Little B a lot! I had to give him back to New Mommy at one point because I was really hot….then Hubby sat down and held him. He quickly handed him back to me because he had a poopy diaper. So, I offered to go change him and did that and then Hubby held him for the rest of the service. He is a proud uncle! And that little guy is so cute!!! The other young mom in our church had her baby there…he was only 9 days old (a week younger than Little B) and she had to have him by c-section…she said she was going stir-crazy so she had to get out today. I can really relate to that!!! We had FAB on a Tuesday…I got out of the hospital on Saturday and we brought her to church on Sunday. So, he was adorable too! After church, SQ and I were just getting ready to talk when Wise Advice’s son-in-law came up and started talking to me about getting a job where I work. So, I didn’t get to talk to her. So, I helped SIL get some stuff in her car and then FAB and I went to lunch at Skyline. Hubby and I-Man went to a football draft party in Wilmington. While we were at Skyline, SQ and her family and the K-Dog and his family came to eat. I chatted with them for a bit…but I was ready to go home and take a nap! It took me a long time to get FAB to go to sleep…but I finally did and we got our naps in before Hubby and I-Man got home. We moved a dresser into I-Man’s room for FAB’s clothes so that I can get Little G’s clothes put away in the nursery. What a mess!!! I did realize that I still need clothes for Little G. A co-worker here has some stuff for me….but I need to get some more stuff! She will be here soon! 6 weeks from today, actually!

I actually have a doc’s appointment in a bit. I am curious how my BP is doing and I wonder if they will do an exam since I am sure I have been having some contractions. It is much too early for me to be off work yet…so I hope everything is fine! I guess we will find out when I get there! I also want to ask them if my mom can be in the OR too. I asked her and she said she would like to….so as long as both she and Hubby can be in there, that will work out. I am also hoping they don’t tell me I can’t go to Tucky this weekend for family reunion. I guess if they do that Mom and Dad will have to take at least I-Man to reunion without us. So, lots of questions for the doctor’s office today! I am getting so anxious to meet my new little one! Especially after holding Little B so much.

Well, I need to work! SO, you all have a good day! Love you all and please continue to pray for Many Kids and Little L.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm glad you had good positive visits with your sils! That is so good...I know how hard all the drama is on you so I'm glad that things seem to be sort of evening out at least with the girls!

I hope you get to go to reunion!! but I can understand if the doc says no or is your uncomfortable days are outnumbering your comfy days these days...I don't think it is supposed to be as hot as usual though so that would be one good thing...but just do what's best for you and G-girl...you sure would be missed though!!! I'm sure mom and dad will take I-man and FAB and if they don't we will!!

love you!!

your word verification hates me! lol..hopefully third times a charm!

Kelley said...

I was telling Hubby that it was sweet to see your hubby holding Little B. He was just rockin' him side to side!

Glad that the SIL thing is getting better. It's getting better on this side too! Is there a full moon or has there been a full moon for the last 10 years!?!?! LOL! Either way, I know you're glad that it is working out!

Sorry FAB wants to go places all the time. Pita Pocket is like that too....he always wants to go to the "foot store".

Hope your doctor's appointment goes well. 6 weeks! Wow! Little G will be here before you know it! I'm so excited for ya'll!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

I thought it was hilarious that your Hubby passed Little B off to you to change the diaper. Doesn't he realize he's going to have to do that in a month? Funny!

Glad things are better with the SILs! Hopefully that continues...

I need to go to OUAC too. I heard the Beavercreek one is better. If I ever get up there, I'll look for a double stroller for you.