Monday, August 21, 2006

The Joys of Being a Mommy!!!!

Phew! What a long weekend! So much to share! As if you all want to know all the details, but you are going to get them!!!

Thursday, I left work early to take the kids to the doctor. We actually saw the nurse practitioner instead of a doctor…and it was really great! She was wonderful! It was FAB’s 2-year check-up (only she was really 25.5 months old….bad parents!) and I-Man’s kindergarten shots! So, FAB did great! She is in the 50% for her weight (27.8 pounds) and in the 75% for her height (35.5 inches) and her head was pretty much off the charts (no surprises there!). She was all up-to-date on her shots, so it was easy on her. The nurse just talked to Hubby and I about her and we all laughed about how different she is in than I-Man. If you read Sister’s journal, we told her that FAB maybe knows 50 words…she hasn’t been talking a lot. But boy, oh boy, did she prove me wrong in Tucky! She took off talking like never before this weekend! We talked about potty training and how she shows no desire, so she said to wait until after the baby is 3 months old or so before we start trying, unless she shows signs sooner. She said that if you say it took you 9 months to potty train your kid, then you started 8 months too early. Every kid is different and you can’t force them to do it until they are ready. So, that made me feel better. I wish we weren’t going to have two in diapers, but it is what it is. She was really great with FAB and took lots of time just talking to us about her. Then, poor I-Man had to get 4 shots! He did pretty good until the last shot…and the nurse said it is the worst. Bless his heart, he started crying and I had to push Hubby out of the way so I could hug my baby! I started crying too….and I think even Hubby had tears in his eyes! It is hard for a parent to see their kid like that!!! I wish I could’ve taken them for him! How silly…they are just shots, but you could tell that that last one really hurt him. So, we gave him some Tylenol and then the kids and I were on our way to Tucky! We had a wonderful drive down because the kiddos slept most of the way! Having a TV in the van is the best thing ever!!! We got to Tucky just as Sister was getting off work! So, I-Man went out to play with Papaw and the girls (Mom, Sister, FAN and I) headed off to some shopping. We went to a consignment store (much like OUAC) and I got some cute clothes for Little G. My mom found a GREAT deal before we got there at the Goodwill. She got a car seat for $7.59! And it looks BRAND NEW! And it is the exact one we had before….and Diamond told me last night that she has an extra base that I can have and we are going to buy her swing! So, the only thing I need still is a double stroller. And that isn’t a necessity right up front…but a nice to have. So, COOL!!!! So, anyways, we did a little shopping and then we went back home and had pizza for dinner. Then we watched Big Brother. We sent Dad and the kids to Wal-Mart to watch it in peace. He came home a bit too early, though….but it was still fun to watch it together!

Uhh….Friday morning we got up and went to a consignment sale at a church by their house. Again, got some cute clothes for Little G and I-Man. There wasn’t as much there as I thought there would be. We dropped Mom and FAB off at home and then Dad, Sister, I-Man and I went to more garage sales. That was fun! I got some good books…but that is it. A lot of illegal garage sales. Then we headed back to the house to have lunch, take naps and get ready to go to the fair. The AI concert was at the State Fair. We got there and saw the tour buses and saw Elliot riding a scooter! That was cool! Sister was like a teenager….so funny!!! She was squealing and so excited! That was the best part…to see how excited she was! Anyways, we went to get some good ole fair food…it was so stinking hot outside….so Mom and Dad took the kids to ride more rides (Papaw and I-Man had been there for a few hours already) and Sister and I went to look at indoor exhibits…in the AIR CONDITIONING! K….there were some ODD things for display at the Kentucky State Fair…such as corn…hay….and salt-cured hams. YUCK. So, we were taking our time looking at the pictures, dead bugs, plants, etc when Mom and the Dad and the kids joined us in the AC. We just sat and enjoyed the cool until it was time to go to the concert.

OH! I forgot to mention that Sister bought an AI t-shirt and I bought one for I-Man. I was so excited about taking him to his first concert! So, if you read Sister’s journal, the concert was GREAT! I only got to see the first half…and I heard Chris and Elliott and actually saw them from the hall (the nice security people felt sorry for me and let me stand where I could see them PERFECTLY for a bit) because I-Man was so tired. He did great for the first half…actually did better than most of the adults we sat with. He screamed and had fun cheering and dancing and was just so adorable. It was a great memory that I had with him (see Sister…..that was priceless to me!!!). During the intermission, I could tell he was getting tired. He kept talking about nonsense to me…so I knew he was about DUN. He also kept asking where the bald guy was….I thought he meant Chris…but come to find out, he meant Randy Jackson! So funny! So, when Chris came out (right after intermission), he just started crying (I-Man, not Chris). It was very loud and all the women were screaming (duh!), so I took him out. Again, that is the risk we took when we decided to take him. And again, I thoroughly enjoyed the first half of the concert and being able to make that memory with I-Man. So, I was disappointed that I missed the best parts of the concert, but not as much as Sister was. It was a very special night even if I didn’t get to see Taylor! Lots of funny moments (moms fighting with moms in front of their kids, old ladies kissing pics of Taylor, my mom acting like a teenie bopper when she saw a pic of Johnny Depp…on and on and on!). AND….MANDISSA ROCKS! I can’t wait until she comes out with her own album. Amazing. And she made a point to proclaim her faith in God…which I totally admire her for! So, it was a great, great evening!!!!!! Oh, and when I-Man and I walked out to the van, he was asleep and snoring within 1 minute of his head hitting the pillow. Poor kid was tuckered out!!!!

Saturday morning, we got up and Sister and I took off to the Vera Bradley store. I think we literally spent an hour in there….just looking and trying to decide what we were going to get! I went in with visions of buying one thing….but totally walked out with something else! I actually bought the same style of bag that HBM has….but in one of her new fall patterns. LOVE IT! As Sister said, at dinner that night, I pulled what I thought was a loose string and the handle unraveled! So, I will be getting a new one soon! Mom took it back today! But anyways, we had fun in “our happy place” just looking and trying all the new stuff! I know, we have a problem…but it could be more expensive and we all have our vices!!!! We went back home and Dad couldn’t believe we had spent all that time at the Vera store. He just laughed! We all got ready and went to a matinee of “Barnyard”. The kids did pretty good…but FAB was over-due for her nap, so she got restless. AGAIN, I got up and took her out for a while…we came back in and she was a brat…so I took her out and spanked her (because she was just being a brat at that point) and then she fell asleep on my shoulder. So, I got to see the last minute of the movie. Oh, the joys of being a mother!!!!! Why couldn’t she have fallen asleep earlier? If I knew that a spanking would do the trick, I would’ve done that earlier!!!! LOL So, we left there and went home and took naps (well, Dad and the kids didn’t…but the rest of us did). Then we took about an hour or more to decide what we wanted to do for dinner and ended up going to Crackerbarrel. It was very yummy…..but I ate too much and paid for it later! We went home after dinner and played games….and that is when I was in so much pain that I was in tears. I am not sure if it was just bad gas pain (aren’t you glad I shared?) or what. I also know that I was having contractions. It was pretty bad. I laid in bed trying to go to sleep and kept thinking that I was 2 hours from Hubby and my doctor. Not a good thing! I was really about ready to ask my mom to take me to the hospital when it finally got better and I was able to sleep. I kept thinking that if my water broke, then I would know they weren’t false contractions! So, it was a long night. I woke up feeling better on Sunday!

So, Sunday….we didn’t get up and start getting ready in time to go to church. I-Man insisted on going…(what a good kid!), so he and Dad went and the rest of us were heathens. We didn’t do much while they were gone…just sat around and talked and took it easy. Then I started getting all of our stuff ready to go home. We had a yummy lasagna dinner and then I-Man and Papaw played croquet with some neighbors and then we headed down the highway (or up, actually). The kids didn’t sleep on the way home, but for the most part, they were good. We got home and….

I LOVE my new colors in my house! Hubby did a great job (even though I made the mistake of telling him that “it definitely wasn’t a professional job”…why can’t I just shut up!…that was not nice of me!). Anyways…..LOVE the new colors! The living room looks beautiful! I still think I want Sister to do some pretty writing of sayings on the wall. But it looks BEAUTIFUL! And then the yellow is bright…but fun! And I love my new blue wall! So, I need to get some new things….but really, not that much! It looks very cute! LOVE IT! Hubby worked so hard on it….it was not nice of me to be so critical….I need to shut up sometimes and stop being so ungrateful! Anyways, he worked so hard and it looks great! We spent some time getting things back up on the walls. I LOVE it!!!! I fed the kids dinner and then we did some more cleaning up and then I headed to Women’s Group for a bit. I was so tired and not feeling well….the contractions were coming back…or whatever they are. So, I didn’t stay long, but it was nice to sit and talk to those who were there. We got to see pictures of Wise Advice’s daughters wedding. Pepto did a FABULOUS job on the pictures! Very nice!!!! I left there and went home and watched Big Brother…LOVE the twists on that show! Then went to bed. I didn’t actually go to sleep until nearly 3:00 am. Just not feeling good.

So, today….not a good day! I am so tired…so out of it….my back is killing me and I just don’t feel good! So, hopefully this will pass and I can sleep good tonight and be back to “normal” tomorrow. I have 7 more weeks…..7 more weeks….keep telling me that so I can hang in there!!!! I have a feeling that family reunion is not going to be too much fun for me next weekend. I hope I can make it!!!!

Well, this is very long, so I am surprised if any of you stuck with me! Not much going on this week…Hubby is taking I-Man to his first dentist appointment on Wednesday and then to Kings Island. They will have a blast, I am sure. Next week is the big week! We have orientation on Wednesday and then his first day of school on Friday! I am going to cry like a baby!!!

Praying for so many….love you all!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Sorry you had to miss some of the concert, but at least you have a good attitude about it! Poor I-man just coulnd't hold out. Poor little guy!

What Vera did you get? I love the new mesa red. I was looking at MIL's catalog the other day. I love that one!

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Maybe you should let your doctor know?

Have a good week! Can't wait to see your new colors! Love ya!

Kelley said...

Are they braxton hicks contractions? Sounds like it. I had them heavily during my last two or three months. The doctor told me that was early, but that's what they were. I started in the middle of month 7! You do need to let your doctor know about them. They want to chart that kind of stuff!

I'm so glad you had such a great weekend. I know you needed it! You'll have to let us know which Vera bag you got. And I LOVE the style of my bag!!!! It's a good one!

Hope you have a good week. Since nothing is going on, I'm guessing you'll get your journal kick back in!?!? LOL!

Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get to sleep until well after 3 am either. :)

So glad you had a great time this weekend, and I know you had a blast despite the kids.

7 weeks baby!!! So exciting!!

Sleep better tonight!

Love ya!

Pepto said...

Ok, A) Can you blame your mom for acting like a teenybopper for Johnny? The man is gorgeous!
B) I'm sorry you missed the last half of the concert, but I'm glad you enjoyed the first half.
C) Thanks for the compliments on the photos. Love ya!

Jodi said...

I'm glad that you really did have fun at the concert...it was really really loud though!!

I keep giggling at our mother over her reaction to Johnny and also mom doing the Soul Patrol dancing was priceless...you might be glad that you weren't around to be associated with that...she was so cute really though!!! lol

I can't imagine how AI will top the talent of this past year though man...

but anyway...it was such a nice visit!! love you sister! Hope you are feeling better soon! Hopefully the good days outnumber the bad ones at this point! You're a pro at this by now so I'm sure you can read your body signals - tell that little girl to stay put for another month!!

ok...I miss little FAB's "Hi Yaya" and "I yuv you Yaya" !!

And you're absolutely right that I-man did wonderful the first half and was so much fun to have there! Bless his heart! I just feel somehow responsible - because I'm a woman and that's what women do!! lol but to reiterate...it was a BLAST to have I-man there the first half...I just get a kick outta watching his reactions to things...

oh man...I'm journaling in your comments...sorry!!

love you!!