Friday, August 04, 2006

Interesting Day...

Hello! Well, it definitely feels better outside this morning than it has lately…and breathing seems to be easier! Hopefully this break from the extreme heat and humidity lasts a little while! But, I am sure I will find something else to complain about! That seems to be what I have done a lot of lately…and I am not usually like that!

Well, yesterday turned out to be a very interesting day! So, after I input my journal entry for the day, I was just sitting here at my desk. Well, actually I should go back and say that I just wasn’t feeling right yesterday – from the not sleeping and seeing bright flashes of light….I just wasn’t feeling like myself. I didn’t feel tired, but it is hard to put my finger on it. So anyways, I was just sitting here at my desk and it kept getting worse. I was having a hard time breathing….my eyes felt like they were swimming…..more like I felt drunk or something. I just was having a hard time focusing on anything and was seeing bright spots…I was really dizzy…and then I could feel my heart racing. So, I sent KK an IM and told her how I was feeling and that I was going to walk across the street to CVS to take my blood pressure. She told me to just go lay down on my left side for a bit. So, I did that instead. She came and kept me company. My heart rate slowed down…but I still wasn’t feeling right. So, I called my doc’s office and they told me to go home and lay down and drink lots of water. So, that is what I did. They told me to call back in a few hours.

So, I went home and did just that….when I called them later, I was still not feeling great, so they asked me to come in. I went in and everything checked out fine. My blood pressure was actually low….my heart rate was fine…the baby was fine…..but I was dehydrated and my blood sugar was low. So, she sent me home to drink lots of water, eat and lay down for the rest of the day. So…I did that…well, I laid down as much as I can with two kids….but I started feeling better after a few hours. Apparently I was also having panic attacks. I guess I panicked because I wasn’t feeling right. SO! The good news is…I am doing fine now and planning on drinking LOTS of water from now on. That was scary. My doctor said that this heat plays havoc on pregnant women. She said she had seen a lot of her OB patients with all kinds of different issues…and she thinks the heat is playing a big part in that.

SO…that was pretty much my day yesterday! Not much else going on! I just took it easy at home most of the day…Hubby had to go to work for a few hours in the evening because he was training someone…the kids were pretty good while he was gone. FAB is such a pistol…she just picks on I-Man all the time. So, they pretty much bicker non-stop. That is lots of fun. She wants everything he has….when Hubby got home last night we were laughing because she is SOOOOO not going to do good with Gracie. I forsee lots of problems in our future!!!

Oh, I did send Hubby a text message and asked him to bring home DQ…so he did. What a great guy!!! I-Man was so excited that he brought us ice cream home. I watched Big Brother….it is going to get very interesting now that things have been shook up in the house. Sister…if you are reading the live feeds and find out who wins HOH, let me know! I don’t want to wait until Sunday to find out! How dumb that I like that show so much, but it is very entertaining!!!!

So…not sure what we are going to do today. My parents are coming in town tonight. Oh, this is also for Sister….FAB thinks that my parents and YaYa (Sister) and Dim (what she calls Buford) all go together. So, last night I was talking to her about Mimi and Papaw coming to see her and she said “YaYa? Dim?” So cute. I told her no, they weren’t coming…but she kept saying it. So, she is saying Buford’s name now!!! And she also said “I love you” once. She won’t say it again…but she said it once. Usually when you tell her “I love you”…she says Bye. She has been slow to start talking, but now that she is getting it….she talks NON-STOP. Anyways, I-Man is so excited about my parents coming tonight…this morning I had just gotten up this morning and he got up to go to the potty. Well, he went back to bed and I got in the shower. I was washing my hair and he came in and asked me to ask Mimi and Papaw to pick him up from my Aunt’s house. So funny…..it is going to be a long day for my Aunt because he is so excited!

Not much else to say! I hope you all have a great day and a great weekend! Love you all and prayers!!!!

6 comments:

girlie_mom said...

I thought you were the water queen?!?!?! How many stories have we heard about water spilling and making a mess and all that??? You crazy woman, DRINK!!! So glad you are better. WOW, how scary that was. At least you know what it is IF it were to happen again, which it won't, RIGHT??!?!?!

It must be parent weekend. Hope the kids have fun. Does that mean you get a break??? Go and do something for yourself. You need to get that time in before the baby comes and you NEVER get to do it!!

Hope your day goes by fast. Love ya!!

Kelley said...

WOW! Must have been a doosey for pregnant women yesterday! I haven't been outside, but I'm glad the heat is better. This is like TN weather...ya know, 100% humidity! YUCK!

Glad that you are taking it easy. Drink lots of water (for me it's 100% apple juice). Have a wonderful time with your parents this weekend!

Lots of Love!

Josy said...

What a bummer that had to happen on a week when you were doing so good about relaxing and taking it easy at home! Hope you are feeling better soon, try to get some sleep!

FAB is so cute! Have a great weekend with your folks.

Jodi said...

SPOILER WARNING FOR BB FANS!!!!

Don't read my comment if you want to be surprised Sunday...hmm..ok so maybe I won't actually type the name of the person that won HOH but I'll say this...sister...she was on the block the first week and who you wanted to go home but didn't...ugh!!! But it will shake the house up a little...I bet she goes after Janie somehow...

so anyway...I took some beans and some maters over to mom's this morning and I told her to share with you! lol

that is so cute about FAB saying "Dim"...I-man always thought the same thing...that we all were this merry band of travelers...it's so funny how their little minds work and put people together...I can't wait to see those little whipper snappers next weekend hopefully!

love ya sis! I'm glad that it was only dehydration but I'm like Kelley...I thought you were chugging the water down lately...but it has been awful hot so drink your fluids...isn't stuff like gateraide (yuck) supposed to be better to drink in this heat?

love you!

Sara said...

I'm glad you are doing ok. That's a scary thing. At least your BP was low. You've been doing well so far. Hopefully you don't end up on bedrest with Gracie.

I skipped over JJ's comment b/c I don't want to know who won. :) Hope you have a good weekend! Love ya!

Dawn said...

Oh honey I'm sorry about your scare yesterday. I am glad everything is fine and I'm sure that darn heat has to be so hard on you preggies!! I remember I had Abbi in sept. but that was a really nice summer to be preggie totally not like this summer has been. YUM DQ sounds good now you got me craving it!! Go listen to your country music girl you shouldn't have to miss it. I am turning my 8 year old into a fan LOL!! Daddy is sooooooooooooo not liking that!! He hates hates hates country music!! HUGS GIRL!!