Monday, July 24, 2006

Another Week....

Well, it is Monday again. I am usually a morning person….but not so much right now. I am really having a hard time making myself get up every morning! This pregnancy is just really making me very tired. I think it is the fact that I am pregnant but also the fact that I have 2 other kids to chase after. It is wearing me down. Oh well! Just preparing me for how I will feel once Gracie is born, I am sure. I should just resign myself to the fact that for at least the next 18 years…I will be tired all the time. Hopefully I will get my “morning person” mentality back! It is hiding right now!

So…let’s see. My weekend started off really busy, but then it was actually very un-eventful! Friday, I went to pick up the kids at my Aunt’s house. We rushed home and changed clothes, packed a dinner and then headed out to the Rec Center Water Park. That was nice because there was hardly anyone there and we got to play with the kids and talk to Diamond, Many Kids and Sebbiedue. We had a nice time! I-Man is just all over the place. He was playing with Ying and having a grand ole’ time. Amazing how far he has come in such a short time. And FAB also has no fear. She just plays and plays. That is really a nice place for the kids to play. So, we all dried off and got changed and then went into the Rec Center for their “Carnival”. They had a bunch of games for the kids to play with tacky, junky prizes. The kids both loved it! We bought $3.00 worth of tickets and were just grabbing things towards the end to use up our tickets! I-Man had fun and so did FAB. They got a lot of junk (which I have already hidden in the garage and will throw away shortly). They did have t-shirts for $0.50…so we bought each of them a t-shirt. They are cute! Anyways…so we had fun there and then ran home and I-Man and I changed and then took off to go to the Drive-In for Ying’s birthday party! It was the drive-in that is a mile from my G-Ma’s house. I had never been there….because when I was younger, it was an x-rated drive-in. Now, it is just a run-down but still fun drive-in. I-Man just couldn’t understand the concept of watching a movie outside. He was asking a ton of questions on the way there. I remember as a kid seeing ET at the drive-in! We went a lot as kids….because it is cheap! Anyways….so we got there and it was such a great idea. The kids had fun…I-Man sat with Swimmer and her family during the movie. I sat by myself….which was fine because I actually took a nap. Getting up at 5:00 every morning doesn’t make me much of a night owl! But “Cars” was a very cute movie. I didn’t miss much (but it was the most important part)….but it was cute. We will definitely buy that when it comes out on DVD. I LOVED the tractor-tipping part. Just a cute, cute movie! As we were leaving, I noticed that Click was showing after it. That was a cute movie too…but there was no way I could stay for that. Plus, I-Man was tired. He talked the ENTIRE way home…non-stop. I think he was just trying to keep himself and me awake. It worked! We got home and he went right to bed…as did I!

FAB woke him up at 7:30. The only bad thing about them sharing a room is that when one is awake…they are both awake now. She gets out of her bed and goes over to his and climbs in bed with him. Part of the problem is that she doesn’t know how to open the door yet. So, anyways…they were up early. Hubby let me sleep..actually we both slept until nearly 9:00. Off and on. The kids were watching TV and would come in and talk to us occasionally. Then Hubby got up and got them breakfast and I slept a bit longer. Like I said, I am just so tired all the time. So, I finally got up and Hubby left for work…I started doing laundry and then we ran to Target to get a shower gift for SIL. We came home and the kids went down for naps and I just did laundry and took it easy pretty much all day. My Dad called Hubby and told him that he had bought us a garbage disposal…there was one on clearance at Lowes. So, COOL! Hubby went over and mowed their yard and then mowed ours. The kids played outside for a bit, we had dinner, Hubby went to PT practice…I gave the kids baths….that was really about it! A pretty un-eventful Saturday! I could get used to that!

Sunday we got up and got ready for church. We got there in time for the breakfast. It was nice…but Hubby was off talking to people the whole time, so I pretty much just chased, I mean, watched the kids the whole time. When I dropped FAB off at the nursery, she cried and cried. Diamond finally just had to take her and she calmed down after I left. I don’t know why she is going through that stage right now! I helped Diamond’s Hubby and Sight-Sing in I-Man’s class. It was very funny. Lots of messes….Sight Sing and I pretty much just cleaned up messes the entire time…and played referee! That is what that age group is like! It was Family Worship….which I will say it again, I USED to think was a good idea until I-Man was old enough to sit with us during worship. No, I really do think it is a good idea. The kids need to be exposed to our worship service too. But it is hard to really focus when you are worried about your kid the whole time. Sight Sing’s boy sat with us too and he and I-Man wanted to sit on the front row. I actually liked sitting in front because I saw no negativity….I couldn’t see who my son was distracting and it gave I-Man more room! At any rate….it was a neat service….a little long for Family Worship (the kids were getting restless) but a POWERFUL message. I know that toes were stepped on….and hopefully they can handle it. If not, well, I don’t know what to tell them. But it was a powerful service….even with the distractions of I-Man. The video we watched talked about the “bull-horn” man…you know the types, the ones that stand in the middle of a crowded street and scream about how we are all going to hell and blah-blah-blah. I could TOTALLY relate to the video because working in a downtown environment, “bull-horn guys” are commonplace. And people do make fun of them and they do give Christians a bad name. I myself have been embarrassed to be called a Christian if that is what the world thinks Christians are like. I honestly do not think I have ever seen anyone stop to talk to him except to ask him to stop shouting or ask him if he really thinks he is being a good witness. So….the video was so powerful for me. It is all about LOVE. And we have a hard time LOVING our own brothers and sisters. How can we truly LOVE others if we can’t even LOVE our brothers and sisters in Christ. We spend too much time bickering with each other and not enough time stopping and LOVING each other regardless of our differences in opinions. Both sides are wrong….ultimately no one wins and only God loses. So….it was a powerful service.

After church, we stayed and Hubby talked for what seemed like FOREVER. I was just not in a good mood yesterday…actually the whole weekend…for some reason. One of those times when everything Hubby says and does gets on my nerves. Bless his heart…it isn’t his fault…it is just me being hormonal. Anyways….then we went and had lunch with MIL and SIL. We had a good time….even though the kids were a bit ARGH. We told SIL that she wasn’t allowed to have the baby the weekend we are in Gatlinburg. Hopefully he listens to us too!!!! I would HATE it if we were out of town when he was born. So, hopefully she goes early or right on time! After lunch, we went home and the kids went down for naps….I love having them in the same room. I just love tucking them both in and kissing and hugging them both. I just love those little guys so much!!!

Anyways, that was digressing….I played on the computer for a bit and then went to the baby shower for SIL at church. Not that many people showed up, but it was still very nice. I got to talk to Diamond and Funny Fingers a lot….and it was a fun time. She got some nice presents. Funny Fingers was asking me what we need for Gracie and for the first time it dawned on me that we have no clothes for our little one. We gave away all of FAB’s 0-3 month clothes…and all of her 3-6 month ones for that matter. So, I need to start figuring out what we are going to do about that. I guess I really need to start getting ready for this baby! Geesh!!!

So, after the showe, I went home and rested for a bit until it was time for Women’s Group. Oh….my MIL broke I-Man’s heart again. Apparently at church, she took him to the bathroom and she must’ve mentioned coming up and cleaning the church together. So, all day he was talking about that. Well, I had my doubts because she never mentioned it to me. So, finally we let him call her last night…because he wouldn’t stop talking about it. And she wasn’t home…so we called her cell and she was with her boyfriend in Xenia. I-Man just cried and cried and cried. I hate to see him like that. So, she called back a little bit later and is going to take him fishing tonight. Too bad that he has to guilt her into doing stuff with him. Bless his heart.

Well, Women’s Group was fun. We laughed and just visited and had a good time. I am so thankful for the friendships that have formed out of that group. There are some neat ladies there!!!

So, today it is back to reality. Another week! Hope you all have a good Monday and I will talk to you later! Love ya!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Even though you are supposed to be relaxing, you seem to be doing a lot!!! LOL!

I loved the lesson too yesterday. It's funny because I hope people don't think that bullhorn guy is JUST The guy on the corner. But it's the guy who thinks church should be THEIR way because their way is ALWAYS right. I heard a few conversations and saw some examples of how bullhorn guys are all around us....not just on the corner. I'm glad you liked it...and I saw you clapping! YEAH!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful week. Just a few more weeks and you're off for 13 weeks!!! YEAH!!!!

Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

Wow that is a thing to think about...few more weeks- new baby and off work for 3 months. LOVE IT!!! I thought you said once that your aunt wouldn't have the kids from Oct-March...why so long?? ARe you off that whole time?? That would be awesome!!

I like to hear that you are actually relaxing, but I knowt that a little bit of Missy creeps in there and you are a bit busy. :)

You cracked me up last night.. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant and I run Gracie into things all the time!! How do you forget??? Maybe that has to do with the pregnancy memory loss too! LOL

Have a great day at work!

Love ya.

Sara said...

Poor I-man! You are much nicer than me. If it were my MIL, we would have words. No ifs, ands or buts about it!

I'm sorry I missed SIL's shower yesterday. I hope she got some more things she needed. I worry about her. It sounds like you need some things too! I always check out Target and Walmart's clearance when I'm there. I've found Piglet some very good deals!

Hope you have a good Tuesday! Love ya!