Thursday, July 20, 2006

What is that verse we all keep talking about??!?!

Well, another day…another challenge. I will get to that in a minute. Let me just give a recap too! Yesterday was a fine day at work. It went by really slow, even though I came in late. I just didn’t have my heart in it. First of all, I was still groggy or tired from the glucose test. Then the whole day just kinda crept along. So, that was no good. KK wasn’t at work yesterday….she took the day off to take her oldest boy to Dave & Busters. I only had to see Stinky Pete once and talk to him a few times. He just gets on my nerves. I think he was steering clear of the emotional maniac (me) yesterday.

I went and picked up the kiddos from my Aunt’s house and we came home. I-Man went swimming for a while and FAB played in her houses. I just sat and took it easy while they were doing that. Then we came inside and I made dinner….we ate…then the fun begins!

Hubby calls and tells me that he can’t get the key to turn in his ignition. So, he asks me to come where he is and bring the WD 40. So….I get dressed (I already had my PJs on) and got the kids and the WD 40 and left. Luckily he wasn’t working very far away….so we got there and I gave him the WD 40, but it still wouldn’t work. On Monday, he had this problem…but after trying for a few minutes, the key finally turned. So…then he started using my key to the car and it hadn’t acted up since. His key looked a little worn or something. So…..we were there for about 45 minutes…..it was in a neighborhood that he had been working in. We called my dad….we called Buford (my BIL)….we called Baby’s brother…..they all said the same thing…..we were pretty much screwed. So, finally we left. Hubby went up to tell the guy whose house he was parked in front of what was going on….and his blind dog almost attacked Hubby. So, we all came home. I was crying….just frustrated. We can’t afford this right now. We can’t even afford anything right now…let alone this! We are in the process of refinancing, so it will get better….but not yet!!!! It is worse right now! I just was so upset. I was trying not to be angry at God, but I was kinda. But then I realized that it could be so much worse. Hubby had been working in a very bad part of Dayton….it could’ve happened there. So, Hubby and I put FAB to bed….and I-Man and I had ice cream. I laid in bed and read a book…and fell asleep. I woke up a few minutes later and I-Man was scratching my back. He is so sweet. He asked me where I wanted him to put my book….and he put my glasses up for me and turned out my light and gave me a hug and a kiss goodnight. So sweet. Such a sweet reminder of how blessed I am. I have no business being mad at God. I am just frustrated…but things could be so much worse!!!!

So…anyways….we decided that I would get up and go into work this morning and get a few things done and bring my stuff home so I could work from home today. Hubby shouldn’t have to deal with the car and the kids by himself. So….I did just that. I got to work about 6:30 this morning and got a bunch of stuff done….was home by 8:15. And I even swung by where the car was parked and tried the key again….still didn’t work. When I got home, Hubby had already called a tow company and that only cost us $55. I was expecting at least $150. So….that was a good thing. It is at the dealership right now…so who knows how much it will end up costing us. PTL that Hubby got paid today. Now, that money was marked for other bills….but at least we will have that to get the car fixed. I know that God will provide. I just have to keep that in mind and not lose sight of that.

So, please keep us in your prayers. Like I needed one more thing to worry about…..but as I look around me and I look at my precious two angels and feel little Gracie bounce around……I know that I am blessed and that God is in control. I just have to remind myself of that occasionally. God is good All the Time and All the Time God is good.

That is about it for today…..praying for many and I appreciate your prayers!

Love you!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm just gonna break down and cry for you. I am so sorry about the whole car situation. I hate that you all are having to go through this. I understand about not being able to afford this or that and then something major happens. Praise God that your hubby was in a good part of town and that you all are safe!

Lots of Love and TONS of Prayers!

Sara said...

Boy, are we 2 peas in a pod this week or what? It's like one thing after the other! I think that Satan knows how weak we are to worrying and he plays on that as much as possible! Just as I know God will provide for us, He will do the same for you! We are both so blessed in so many ways and we have to keep reminding ourselves of that.....if worse comes to worse, we'll move in together and save some money! ha ha ha ha....

Love ya!

girlie_mom said...

So sorry. You do have some pretty great things around you and Satan would just attack you where he knows you are weak. Please post what is wrong with the car. If it is the starter, Baby and BIL can do that for you, you just have to buy the starter from Auto Zone and that's about $100. I know that if you have the dealership do it it would be like $400-$500. Just let us know. At least you have the flexiblity at work to work at home.

Lots of love and prayers!!!!