Friday, July 21, 2006

Reminders....God is Good!!!!

Hello Ladies! Isn’t God great?!?! Okay…so if you have read my last two posts…this one is better! After I posted yesterday, it didn’t look like we were going to get the car back last night, so KK was going to pick me up for work this morning. We had just gotten all of that squared away. Hubby had gone outside to talk on the phone to a customer and the kids were both sleeping. I was just taking it easy on the couch…well, I was actually working, but was laying down at the same time…so that is a great way to work! Anyways, Hubby walks in and he says “See Honey, God was in control the whole time. I told you not to worry.” My first thought was…I wanted to smack him. But that was quickly turned into a big hug for him! The dealership called and it was only the tumbler (no idea what that is really) which would only cost us $84.95 instead of the entire ignition box which would’ve cost us $400!!!! AND we could go pick up the car right then! So, I im’d KK and told her that I didn’t need her to pick me up after all! Praise the Lord! But it gets even better!!! We had to wake up the kiddos from their naps (which I-Man was NOT happy about) and we drove to the dealership. Well, this is a side-note, but I was driving and I got over before I should’ve. I kinda forgot that my lane was going to end. So, no big deal. I will just speed up and get in front of the lady who is in the other lane who was going slow. So, I speed up and so does she. She gets right next to me and lays on her horn. So, I backed off and got behind her. It really wasn’t a big deal. But Hubby and I were laughing because she had a sports car. It wasn’t like I really thought I was racing her in my mini-van…..she was going slow enough that it shouldn’t have been a problem, but she must’ve got mad or something. So….the light ahead of us changed so we were right behind her at the light and Hubby and I just looked at each other and started laughing. She had a religious bumper sticker on her car and a fish. The sticker said something about God giving us the sense of reason and we must not forget or lose sight of that….something to that fact. So, her behavior a moment before was even more funny to us. I guess you had to be there….but it was funny. I wish people wouldn’t put religious bumper stickers on their car if they are going to act like that. That is why Hubby could never put one on his car…he has road rage issues.

SO, I am totally side-tracked. Well, we pull up to the dealership and we both kinda looked at each other because we didn’t see the car. Not a good sign when they told us to come right away to pick it up and it had taken us 30 minutes to get there. SO, Hubby goes in and finds out it is only going to cost us $53!!!!!! That is it! AND there is a 12 month warranty on that part…so if it happens again (because it is a common problem in Focuses) to bring it back in for a free-of-charge fix. COOL BEANS! That was great news!!! So, we headed home. Hubby fired up the grill and I ran to Meijer to get some stuff for dinner. I ran into Roomiestar’s mom there. We talked for a little bit. I felt bad because I couldn’t talk longer…but Hubby and the kids were waiting for me for dinner. So, we chatted for a bit and then I rushed through the store and home. We had a nice dinner….and then the real fun began!

I get an idea in my head and I just can’t get it out. That drives Hubby crazy. Well, yesterday morning…I got the idea in my head that I was ready to move FAB into a big-girl bed. So, we spent the better part of the evening rearranging I-Man’s room and making it into a shared room for the two of them. I-Man was really excited about it all. And so was FAB. So…Hubby and I set to work moving/cleaning/rearranging. I think it looks nice. I proved him wrong! He kept insisting that I-Man’s room isn’t that much bigger than FAB’s room. So, he wanted to put both girls in the smaller room because the closet is bigger. Well, he got the tape measure out last night and I-Man’s room is like 14.5’x 9.5” and FAB’s room is 10’x10’. So, I was right! So…it looks like eventually we will have to re-paint both rooms (but that is a good thing because they can all pick out colors they like). But for now… I just need JJ to come up and do some creative painting in FAB’s room – to make it Gracie’s. And in I-Man’s room…to make it both his and FAB’s. Anyways. We got their beds set up….we just took the bunk-beds apart and put them on opposite sides of the room. Everything fits nicely…..well, all of FAB’s toys are still in the girl room. But we will probably leave it like that. They have too many toys to put them all in that room. We still have all of FAB’s clothes in the other room too. I didn’t feel like messing with that last night. We have a dresser in the garage that we will bring in and make FAB’s in I-Man’s room….but it is full of my winter clothes right now and has a bunch of stuff on it. So, rather than go through all of that right now, we are going to do that later. We need to buy more plastic tubs to put my winter clothes in.

ANYWAYS. Like you really care about all of that! So….bedtime comes. We asked FAB where she wanted to sleep and she went to her new bed. She looks SO TINY in that twin bed. She got all settled in….and so did I-Man. We sang a song to them and said our prayers and then we left the room. Hubby and I sat outside the door listening for a little bit….but they went right to sleep! About 4:00…I-Man came in our room crying. At first, he said that FAB woke up crying and that made him cry. So, I took him back to his room…..FAB was sound asleep. Come to find out, we had hung up these really cool posters that JJ bought us…and one of them was falling. So, that noise had scared I-Man. He thought it was an animal scratching outside to get in. So….he went back to sleep. Then…right after my alarm went off….I-Man came in again and said FAB wanted me. So…she followed a minute later and I rocked her. I just love those moments when I can still hold her and treat her like a baby. I tried to take her and put her in her crib…but she wanted in the other bed! So, I put her in the big bed and she went right back to sleep. So, not bad at all for her first night in a big girl bed! There are rails on either side, so she can’t fall out. I think tonight I am going to play her cd in their. In her room, we always had a cd playing…so she probably missed that noise. And, she had a nightlight in her room….we don’t have one in I-Man’s. So, I am going to do that tonight too. But really….it went really great! I-Man was excited to have a roommate and FAB loved it too. I just really want to get her situated in the big bed way before Gracie gets here so that she doesn’t feel like she got kicked out of her crib for the baby.

SO, that was our exciting evening! I love doing stuff like that because you get to really clean the room when you move everything around. I just love our house. I know it is small…but I love it! Eventually (when we hit the lottery, even though we don’t play) we will probably convert the garage into a master suite….but for now, it is great! And then who knows where we will store all of our junk? But I am rambling!

So, that is about it! I am back at work today. KK and I are going to have to think of some things to do today to keep away from Stinky Pete. He is in the office ALL DAY and we don’t want to see him! So….we will see!

Tonight…..not sure what we are doing. I think we are going to the rec center to go swimming….or to the carnival…..I am not sure what we are doing exactly. So, we will see! I haven’t RSVPd to Sebbidue…SORRY….because we are indecisive (or I should say, I am) and don’t know what we will end up doing tonight!!!!

So, anyways….have a great Friday. God is good. I told Hubby that I was starting to be so frustrated about our financial situation because we have been SO faithful in our giving this year…..like we committed to doing….and it just seems like things are worse than they have ever been. But…..that is the wrong mentality. We are called to be faithful regardless of what obstacles come our way. And, bottom-line…He is in control and He will provide. When my faith starts to waiver, He reminds us!

Love and prayers to all!!!!

3 comments:

Josy said...

I am so glad FAB took the bed move so well! Of course, it probably helps that big brother is there!

Have a great weekend!

Kelley said...

I'm glad that FAB is sleeping in a big girl bed now! That is soooo cool! You'll have to take pictures!

Praise God about your car! All that worrying that could have been directed to some other thing to worry about! LOL! Really, I'm glad it all worked out. I would give you all these cliches about trusting God, but I'm the last one to be giving advice when things go wrong.

Lots of Love (and you need to come tonight....it will tons of fun)!

girlie_mom said...

WAHOOOO!!!!! about the car!! Holy smokes!!! That is awesome. PTL

Yeah about Fab in a big girl bed. We need to take the front off Boo's bed and try it. Hers is a convertible bed.

Yeah come tonight...we're going and it's cars. I think we may do the carnival thing too then dinner then the movie.

See ya tonight :)

Love ya!!