Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Phew! It has been a few DAYS!

Phew! What a few days it has been! And this entire week will be crazy…but so goes life, right?!? Let’s see….I have to tell you a few things:

Friday: This was the actual day for FAB’s 2nd Birthday and she was at Scrapbook Queen’s house. They had a great day there! I went and picked the kids up and SQ told me that A-Girl had been singing Happy Birthday to FAB all day – how cute! FAB just LOVES A-Girl. She talks about her ALL the time. Her and Boo, Minnie’s youngest. She knows their names really well. So, anyways, SQ gave me a whole CD of ADORABLE pictures from the two days she had my kids. I swear, I should stop paying to have their pictures done other places and just pay her to do them! She gets the best pictures of my kids! I would share them with you..but I forget how to do that. So, anyways, we left their house (with two HUGE bags of clothes for FAB and shoes…THANKS!!!!) and headed home. We waited for Hubby to come home and took off to have dinner at Applebees. Well, if you all remember, I am pregnant and hormonal. So, we get there and there is a bit of a wait. Well, I-Man starts to throw a fit in the parking lot about something and that just set me off. I decided that I did not want to eat there…I wanted to go to the park and eat and just do something fun instead of forcing the kids to behave and sit in a restaurant. So, I threw a fit. Well, not a fit like I-Man, but a fit with Hubby. Bless his heart, he didn’t know what hit him…but it was an emotional, crying me. So, I won (of course) and we left and went to McDonald’s and got dinner in the drive-thru and took it to the park and had a picnic. The kids got to play and we walked by the pond. It was very nice. We left there and went to Meijer for the LONGEST shopping trip EVER. While we were there, we called my parents because they had pictures of these “houses” they wanted to buy FAB. The kids had to talk to them. And you can’t walk around Meijer and talk on the phone because it will keep dropping the call. Then we called MIL because she had been asking me what to get FAB, so we saw something we liked….but she had already bought her something else. But while Hubby was on the phone with her, I told him to ask her what food she was bringing to the party (because she hadn’t offered to help at all). So, we got her to bring fruit to the party. LOL. So, then we had to go shopping for the food-stuff we still needed for the party and we also got two itty bitty cakes. We got home (again, after being there FOREVER) and had cake and ice cream and sang Happy Birthday to FAB. Then we got the kids to bed. It was a nice birthday evening for FAB, after my little melt-down, of course!

So, Saturday…the kids let us sleep in until 9:00! WOW! That was nice! Then we got up and Hubby went to work and I got busy cleaning the house and decorating and just getting everything ready. Sister called and asked if Buford could take I-Man to a tractor pull that evening….so that was great! So, JJ and Buford got to our house and Buford and I-Man took off (I-Man was so excited). Then JJ, FAB and I headed over to my parent’s house. Hubby had to go to PT practice, so we left him behind. Well, JJ, Dad, FAB and I headed to Meijer to look at the house they wanted to buy FAB and of course, the didn’t have any at that store. So, Dad and FAB headed off to another Meijer and Mom, JJ and I headed off in Mom’s convertible to the movies! I thanked Dad as he was driving off, because I was getting a night out at an adult movie with no kids! And Dad said, “No, thank you for letting me have this time with my Granddaughter!” Isn’t that sweet!!! So, JJ, Mom and I had a grand time at the movies – we watched “Pirates of the Caribbean.” It was pretty good….there were so many special effects that some of the lost their “wow” factor, but it was a good movie. Johnny Depp is just so perfect for that role. We headed home after the movie and Hubby and I finished some things for the party then headed off to bed!

Sunday was a great day! I-Man woke me up by putting my present in my face and giving me a Happy Birthday hug. I told Hubby that I already had the best two presents with the third on the way….but he still bought me some perfume. I was surprised! We got the kids ready and Hubby took them off to Sunday School while I finished some things for the party and got ready for church. Mom, JJ and Buford came to church…that was a nice surprise! I had no idea they were coming! So, that was nice. I thought the service was really good. I love all those songs and Sebbiedue’s sentiments at the end of the service were so true. My parent’s were always in charge of our VBS when I was a kid…and I can remember how Satan always attacked. So true and so beautiful of her to share! As much work as VBS is…for all involved….it makes such a huge difference in kid’s lives. I still remember a lot of stuff from all times I went to VBS. Lasting memories. And it is neat to see how excited I-Man gets every year when we talk about it. So, church was great. We headed home and got right to work getting everything ready. The party was great. We had over 60 people come….crazy, I know. But it was so much fun for the kids! FIL came….but I didn’t talk to him much. Buford told him that he needed a hair-cut, which cracked me up. It was a good time! FAB got way too many presents…but we have had fun playing with them already! I-Man has had fun helping her play dress-up with all the Princess clothes she got. They are so sweet together sometimes.

Oh, I-Man told me that the name Gracie has grown on him for the baby. So, he approves of it now. And he told me that he is going to be a good big brother to her too. I know that he will. I am just glad that he isn’t mad about having a sister anymore. We told him again on Sunday that being the only boy means that his time with Uncle Buford will be even more special – because Buford won’t want to take girls to tractor pulls, only him. So, that helped too! I think he has worked it out in his little mind.

Yesterday was a busy day at work….just non-stop getting ready for my big meeting on Wednesday. I am stressed and know that today will be just as crazy…that is why I am taking the time to journal and try to relax before the craziness begins! After work, I ran to Meijer to get some stuff for work that I still needed…and then I went to my mom’s house to get the kids. FAB was sleeping, so I sat for a bit and Mom made us taco salad for me to take home for dinner. I think that is what I will have again tonight. I LOVE taco salad. And we have no time in the evening…so it will work out great! So, we rushed home and ate dinner (FAB stayed with my mom) and then I-Man and I headed out to VBS. I was late. I didn’t realize that I was supposed to be there early to help with registration. So, when I got there, I felt really bad. So, I jumped in…I-Man was GREAT and it was such a relief to not have FAB. My mom dropped her off in the nursery at some point….it was all a blur! The first night is always the most chaotic. But for great reasons! We had about 105 kids on the first night! That is pretty awesome! Nearly half (or probably over half) of them are 3 – 6 year olds. So, bless those teacher’s hearts! They had their hands VERY full! But again, what a great problem to have. I am in NO WAY complaining. Hopefully I will get to go in and participate in the worship service tonight or later this week, that is my favorite part. I love to see all those kids praising God. I cry every time. Just an awesome experience!!!!

So, when it was over, we all headed home and watched the DVD from FAB’s party. Both of the kids got so excited to see themselves on TV….especially FAB. She just kept running up the TV and saying “Me! Me! Me!” And then “Daddy!” “Mommy” and so on. SO CUTE! After that, we all went to bed…..well, not Hubby. He stayed up and did laundry. But the rest of us did! I am not going to see much of Hubby or my kids this week. By the time we get home, it is time for bed! Oh well. Next week will be back to normal….actually better than normal because T-Ball will be over!!!

So, that is about it, I think. I had a great birthday! I got a lot of nice presents and funny cards and at Women’s Group on Sunday night, they sang to me at Tim Horton’s. So, it was a nice birthday. Yesterday, I was sad thinking about the fact that I am no longer in my twenties. But, like JJ said, in 10 years, I will be wishing I was turning 30! So, it is all good! I have too much to be thankful for to let a number get in my way!

Okay…I really have to get to work now. Pray that the next two days go smoothly and I don’t kill Stinky Pete!

Love you all!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Sorry this week is so busy for you...especially with your meeting tomorrow, but you always pull things together, so you shouldn't worry! :)

I didn't catch you looking at me Sunday, but Lord knows it's true about worrying about money. I can say "Let go and Let God" until I'm blue in the face, but if I'm not doing it, then it's useless. (that goes for you too! ) :)

I'm glad you had a good birthday, even if you had to share it with 60 people who weren't there to see you.... ha ha. Love ya!

Kelley said...

I can't believe you have a big meeting AND VBS this week. But, I know you and it will all work out!!! If you had "easy time" then you wouldn't know what to do with yourself!

I guess Meijer is just one of those places you stay for ever in......that is what we did after practice on Saturday. LOL!!!

So glad that I-Man has decided that Gracie will work for him. I guess it just had to grow him. Good thing he likes it now....he could be stuck on "booty"! LOL!

Hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see ya tonight....and tomorrow.....and Thursday.....etc!

Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

You know girlie, sometimes you just make me laugh. You stress over all this planning stuff, and in the end it is always awesome. You need to think of that while you are doingthis planning. "Hey, I have done this a thousand times before and they all turn out great! I know what I am doing." Missy, can you plan something that doesn't turn out great??? Crazy woman!!

I was pretty impressed with Geez about your birthday. Anytime it has come to gift giving he really puts lots of thought into what to get you. Very sweet. Don't we just have the greatest husbands?!?!?!

Breathe today, it is not a big deal that you were late yesterday. Everything still came out well in the end. And it is not a regular occurance for you to do that and you are allowed to not be perfect all the time.

Love ya lots!!

Jodi said...

ummm...just so ya know...I wouldn't say that too much about Uncle Buford not taking the girls to tractor pulls...he's not really sexest that way lol...he is always saying he would love to have a little greas monkey girl too! lol

that being said...he REALLY enjoyed taking I-man Saturday....when he came back to mom and dad's after dropping him off all dirty at your house, his eyes just lit up as he was telling us about their evening...

it makes me really look forward to seeing him as a dad hopefully someday soon Lord willing!

anyway...nmj...but I got to worrying the other evening...because that's what we women do best...I hope it won't be a problem for you to take off work to come to the AI concert...I mean, I gave you advanced warning lol...but it's my duty as a woman to worry that that inconveniences you somehow....even though I know that you are looking forward to it!. I'm so weird huh lol!!

love you!

Josy said...

Oh my gosh! 60 people?!!! I freaked out because there were 25 at J-Man's party!

You wrote about so much, I don't even know where to start! I'll be thinking of you running around like crazy this week (don't forget to breathe!)

Love ya!