Thursday, September 07, 2006

Umm....I hate titles!

Good Morning Ladies! I love 3-day workweeks! I keep forgetting that it is Thursday. I wish every week could be short! Actually, I wish I could work part-time…but that is a whole other topic! Hubby and I…well, I should really say I was talking about it last night. I was begging him to let me do it. It really isn’t a matter of him “letting me” do it. It is more a matter of being able to do it financially….and I would really have to sit and crunch the numbers to see if we could. So, that might be something I work on/pray on/dream on during my Maternity Leave. I wouldn’t do it now because then I would have my reduced salary during my leave….so I would wait until I was to come back. And again, I am totally dreaming here. I guess we are in a financially good place right now…well, not good but better than we have been…and so it seems more realistic. And Hubby is making some really good money at his job…but there are so many things to look at besides just my salary. And really, I am rambling for what is probably nothing because it probably won’t happen. But I am definitely going to look into when I am off. That can’t hurt, right? Okay…seriously, enough rambling about that. It probably won’t happen.

SO! Yesterday was a non-eventful day at work. I didn’t have to see Stinky Pete…which made it a good day! I just don’t have a lot going on at the moment…and I work too fast on the things I do have to do …so I get bored quickly. That and there are many things that I NEED to do, but I don’t WANT to do. So….anyways! Work was fine!

I got home and Hubby left for work as soon I got there. This is going to be our life for the next few weeks, I guess. I talked to I-Man and found out about his day. He was in the green again yesterday! We are off to a good start! His Open House was last night…and we weren’t going to go because at the Orientation, his teacher told us that she wasn’t going to be there and plus, everything that we would’ve done at the Open House we did at the Orientation. So, I had kinda forgotten about going. Well, when I walked in the door, Hubby tells me that MIL is planning on meeting us there. WHAT? Hubby isn’t even going…he is going to work. And we weren’t planning on going. He said he told her all of that…but she still said she was going to meet us there. So, who knows what he really said to her…but I was pretty confused and neither of us invited her. I guess because she works for the schools, she will always have the calendar and decide what she wants to do. ODD!!! Well, I had a really bad attitude about it. So, I-Man really wanted to go to the Open House because his afternoon teacher was going to be there and they had made crafts that were going to be on display. So, I made dinner for the kids and I…we sat down to eat and I just put my head down and prayed…prayed for strength because I was so tired…prayed for patience because I was so on edge…and prayed for a better attitude towards my MIL. So, we ate and then we got ready and took off to the Open House. We walked because it truly is quicker to walk than to drive. We got there and talked to a few people we knew (t-ball moms) and then walked down to his class to admire his artwork. Then we walked back to the gym for the “principal’s meeting”. Basically, she introduced the entire staff and talked for a bit. Then we took off to “explore” I-Man’s school. We went back to his classroom – which was locked because his teacher wasn’t there…again, we knew this! Then we went to his Kids’ Club room (his afternoon class) and his teacher was quick to greet us. I-Man went and gave her a big hug (good sign!!!) and a big high-five to the morning teacher. Ms Victor, his teacher, told me what a great helper I-Man is and how sweet he is. Then Mr. John, the morning teacher who takes the kids to lunch and recess, told me that I-Man was his little buddy and what a great kid he is. So, that was cool! He had made a couple of crafts to take home and we also saw his “favorite friend” there. So, I talked to him for a bit and then we headed off again. We went to the cafeteria…they had samples of food and I asked some questions. He showed me where he sat for lunch. Then we went out to the playground to see that….then to the library where he picked out a book and I sat down and read it to FAB and him. Then we left! We walked home and I was POOPED! Well, I hadn’t taken my purse with me or anything…just the keys to the house. I had missed 5 calls on my cell phone. All from MIL. She left a voicemail asking what time the Open House started. So, I called her back and she was just leaving the school. Apparently she went there and we just never saw her. She wasn’t upset or anything…and I just told her that we weren’t planning to go since we knew his teacher wouldn’t be there…but he wanted to go, so we went. So, it all worked out! I am glad we went. He was so proud to show us around his school. And there were two little girls that every time we saw them would call out his name. I asked him who they were and he said he didn’t remember their names, but they were in his class. My little Romeo! I still cannot believe he is in Kindergarten!!!

So, we got home and I was POOPED! Oh, I said that already! Well, I sat down and watched some TV while the kids played with I-Man’s V-Smile and then they watched some TV. Then I got them their snacks. Then they got ready for bed. We have them get ready for bed at 8:00 and then they can watch a movie in bed. So, it was FAB’s turn to pick the movie….she ALWAYS picks “Boots”…also known as Dora. So, just as I was putting them in bed, Hubby got home. We took turns singing to the kids and then they fell asleep watching the movie.

OH! My Hubby is so nice! On his way home from work, he stopped at the Cheesecake Factory and brought us both home a piece of cheesecake. YUMMM!!! I only ate half of mine…but it was so, so YUMMMYYY!!!! NOT GOOD that that place is so close by! It is alright now, but won’t be when I have to stat losing this baby weight!

Then I lay in bed to read and fell asleep!!! Hubby came in a bit later and took my book and “tucked me in”. He is so funny. I was just exhausted.

So, that is about it for yesterday! Today…another wonderful (dripping with sarcasm) day at work! But…no Stinky Pete today or tomorrow! Oh, I think my co-workers are planning a surprise shower for me tomorrow. One of the ladies asked me if we could meet up around 4:15 or 4:30 tomorrow so she can give me a big bag of clothes for the baby. Well, she knows that I leave at 4:00…and I have seen her yesterday and today…so she could’ve brought them to me then. So, I mentioned it to KK and she just told me to act surprised. So….the good news is…at least Stinky Pete won’t be here! That is a really good surprise!!! So, we will see what that is all about!

Well, have a good day and I will talk to you all later! Hopefully HBM has pictures of her nephew soon! Can’t wait to see him!!!

Love you all! OH! Please pray for Detergent and her boy G-Man today. He has to have surgery to remove a piece of a needle (sewing needle) from his leg. Apparently he fell or stepped on one last year and it is still in his leg. So, they had to put him to sleep today to remove it. Please pray for them!!!


AND! I got my watch that I made today.....LOVE IT! I need to have one of those parties after Little G is born! Very neat!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Glad you got to go to the open house so I-man could show you around. Sounds like he's a "player". ha ha. If MIL knows so much about the activities, you'd think she knew what time it started. Oh, well...at least she made an effort to be involved for I-man....

How nice of your work to throw you another shower! I hope you get some things you need! Enjoy a STinky Pete free day! Love ya!

Kelley said...

Why in the world did she want to go to the open house??? Oh well, who will ever know....but nice of your hubby to pawn that on ya. At least the cheesecake made up for that!

I'm glad that you did get to go. Seeing I-Man's work and the teachers. And did you say that they had food sample?!?!!?

Can't wait to see your new watch!

Lots of Love!