Monday, September 11, 2006

Heavy Hearted Today

***Moment of silence to remember all who lost their lives 5 years ago today***

I am sure we all remember where we were and what we were doing 5 years ago today when the attacks happened. Anyone want to share? I can tell you that I was at home on bed-rest with I-Man's pregnancy and I was sleeping when the first plane hit. Hubby called me and told me to turn the TV on and as I did...the second plane hit. I was mesmerized by all the news stories and watched it every minute for the next week until I-Man was born. That didn't help my high blood pressure, I am sure. I cannot believe it has been 5 years...and my heart still goes out to all the families impacted by those senseless and hurtful attacks.

Well, I am at home today. I got up this morning and just didn’t feel right. I took my time getting ready and trying to psyche myself up for the day. I finally left for work (still got there on time!) and then decided that I just couldn’t do it today. So, I packed up my computer and left. So, I am “working from home” today. Really…I don’t have much going on, so I am just laying in bed with my computer and answering emails and such. SO, I go to the doctor today…l am hoping they will do an internal exam because I feel like I am having contractions. I don’t know if they will…but I just don’t feel right. I think I have said that a lot with this pregnancy!!!

Here are three ways that show you how much I am loosing my mind:

Friday night, FAB and I went shopping to Babies-R-Us for shower gifts for my friend from high school. Well, while we were there…I decided that I need to get some new bottles for Gracie. Well, I picked out a new type and got a pack of them….and realized that it had a pink bottle in it. So, I put it back because I was thinking, I can’t have pink..I am having a boy. SO, I picked up a pack with no pink in it and got home. When I was putting stuff away, I looked at the package and I thought how proud I was of myself for remembering that I was having a boy and had not gotten a pink bottle. Then it hit me…HELLO! I am having a girl!!! GEESH!!!
Next…on Saturday, Hubby called me and asked me to stop at the Submarine House to get us a large Super Cheese sub for dinner. I said no problem! We had a lengthy conversation about whether he should call it in or if I should just take my chances. SO, I told him I was right there already. I went inside and ordered a large super cheese….they don’t have that. So, I ordered something else. I brought it home and was proud of myself for getting what he wanted for dinner…Super Subby’s is not my favorite place…but he likes it. Oh wait…did you catch that? He asked me to go to Submarine House but I went to Super Subbys….totally thinking I was doing the right thing. OKAY!!!
Yesterday at the church picnic, I walked over to Hubby and interrupted his conversation to ask him if he knew where FAB was. Uhh..she was following me and was right next to me.
I lied…there are 4 examples, not 3. This morning, I was sitting at a red light. The light did not change to green…but the oncoming traffic light did change. So, I went! Yep! I ran a red light! It was a good thing the other cars weren’t going fast. I am telling you….I am LOSING my mind!!!!

So, aside from being so absent-minded….it was a good weekend. Friday – my co-workers did throw me a surprise baby shower! They called Hubby and he and the kids were there too. It was very nice. It was at the restaurant in the lobby of my building…and they got me a ton of great gifts. Just stuff that I need: bibs, burp cloths, blankets, diapers, wipes, desitin, q-tips, toys, and other stuff. And they also gave us a $150 gift certificate to Babies-R-Us. I was surprised and thought it was very nice of them. So, we headed home and the boys headed to a football game and FAB and I to the store that I talked about already!

Saturday, I got up and got ready and FAB and I went to the baby shower of my high school friend. That was fun….not a lot of people there…but we had a good time just sitting and talking. The girl that I went to school with and used to be my roommate for a while was there with her baby girl…she is so cute! So, that was nice. MIL took I-Man for the morning…they went to Lowe’s for the workshop and he made a birdhouse and then she took him to the popcorn festival. So, FAB and I got home…oh first, I talked to Mom and my Vera is still not in…so they are going to give me my money back. So, FAB and I ran to the local mall that sells them….they didn’t have what I wanted….and I called the other mall and they didn’t have it either! So, Speedy is going to check with her MIL and see if they have it in her store…if not, I am going to order it on-line, I guess. I am so bummed about that!!! So, after that, we came home and took it easy for a bit….then took the kids to my parents house for a bit….then had Praise Team practice….then came home and Hubby had a few guys over and I went to bed to read and relax! That was nice!

Sunday…church was good. I didn’t get to hold Little B because MIL was hogging him…but he is so cute! We stayed for the picnic for a bit…and then went to a picnic for my Dad’s family. Hubby didn’t go…and we didn’t stay that long. I didn’t know hardly anyone, but I was glad to go for Dad. He was giving me a hard time about not going to his family stuff…so I know he was kidding…but he likes to show the kids off. My cousin was there with her baby who is 11 weeks old. She is just beautiful! So, we came home and FAB took a nap. I rested for a bit and then we went to choir practice. After that, we came home…Hubby went to men’s group…and the kids went to bed…and I spent the evening doing too much. What is new?

My co-worker gave me a BIG BAG of baby clothes for Gracie. They are all Carter brand. So, I had washed everything….the new stuff and the stuff she gave me. So, I folded that all and put it away and tried to organize Gracie’s stuff. So, that is why I think I felt so bad this morning. I described it as I feel this morning how I usually feel at the end of the day – just exhausted and in pain everywhere. So, I must’ve overdone it. As Hubby said, no surprise there! I think it is the OCD of me coming out.

So, that is about it! I am going to go back to laying down and then head off to my doc’s appointment. I would love it if she would write me off work. I still have some things to do this week to tie up loose ends..but it would be nice to do it at my own pace instead of at theirs…ya know?

So, hope everyone is having a good day….and had a good weekend….I will talk to you all soon! Love ya!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Maybe if you put the bug in your doc's ear, she'd let you off work? Hope all goes well at your appt. today and she lets you off work! You need to quit overdoing it!

So, your "pregnant moments" gave me a chuckle, although I'm kind of worried about you thinking you were having a boy.... :)

That was so nice of your work to throw you a shower!

Kelley said...

Okay, I wrote something to you and it didn't go through....or maybe it will later. Anyway, I was laughing at the bottle thing. My pregnancy brain (aka stupidity) is kicking in too!

So glad you got so much stuff at the shower. That was sweet of them to throw that for you.

Take it easy and tell that doc you need to quit working!

Lots of Love!

Jodi said...

yeah...I had to re-do my eye makeup twice this morning because of course on the radio and morning news they were talking about 9-11 and it is just still so heart wrenching and angering and all the emotions...it is definatley a heavy hearted day....

ya know...I love my new laptop for many reasons but one think I hate, and it's probably a browser setting or something...but the webpages don't update frequently...so why am I telling you this?? lol...every day last week I checked journals but it appeared that no one was journaling! argh!

So I just checked yours here at work and there were three entries that were new!

blah blah blah...I can't believe I'm reading about my school age nephew!! lol but even more so is that I'm not sure what I was worried about him going off to school for, because everyone is going to find him just as charming and witty as I do!!! Having said that, it is so great to hear how all the teachers are already recognizing him and hugging or high fiving him...and of course the girls!! lol...that little guy is quite the ladies man...

so umm...should we buy some baby boy clothes for you just in case? I mean, you do remember our cousin was certain she was having a girl until like go time right? It's not unheard of...lol...probably though ya just got Molly's baby confused with yours...you were so in the mindset of shopping for her that maybe you just lost focus...I can't really explain the other stuff other than hormones!! lol

love you sister!! I think I've journaled quite enough in your journal!