Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fabulous Tuesday!!!

Hello everyone! It is such a beautiful day outside! I went and ate my lunch in the courthouse square across from my office and I did not want to come back to work! I just wanted to go and play outside all day…or take a nap outside. That is probably more accurately what I wanted to do. I am so ready for this beautiful weather to be here every day!!! But, as many have pointed out before, we do live in Ohio…so it could snow this evening!

So! Yesterday was a fine day at work. I only had to see Stinky Pete for a little bit. I actually got through my whole folder of “Discuss with SP” items. Now, that doesn’t mean that anything got resolved…but at least we have started the process. Everything is so difficult with him. Oh well. So, work was fine!

I went and picked up the kiddos from my Aunt’s house. The first thing I-Man said to me when I saw him was…”Mommy, I am so excited about soccer practice tonight!” And boy, was he?!?! So, we went home and he played on the computer while FAB and I played with the Magna-Doodle. She LOVES that thing. I need to get her her own because she is always playing with I-Man’s. So, then I cooked dinner and Hubby came home. We ate a quick dinner (spaghetti…which FAB loved and I-Man wore…he is so messy! At one point I told him that he looked like his Daddy with a red goatee, only his was spaghetti sauce instead of hair!) After dinner, I went to the bathroom and when I came out, I-Man was so excited and running around the house because he had his soccer outfit on. That means, his shorts (that were way too big), his black knee-socks and his shin guards. He doesn’t have his shirt yet, so his team color is orange so he wore his Camp Extreme shirt. We put his cleats on and we were off!

We got to the soccer field and what is the word I want to use……UTTER CHAOS! But oh how much fun he had! So, the “coach” tells us that he guesses he is the coach. Okay. That wasn’t very encouraging. But I didn’t really care…because this is really just about I-Man having fun, making friends and getting exercise! So, I look up for my son…and he has taken off, kicking his ball in the wrong field! He wasn’t even paying attention to where he was going…he was just going! Actually, Swimmer and her family were there and on a different team. I think he was intending on going over and playing with them. So funny. So, we finally get him back over in the right field and Hubby, FAB and I sit down to the side to watch him. He was doing a very good job and making friends. Such a cutie! Then MIL and SIL #1 showed up. MIL had told me that she wasn’t going to go overboard and go to every practice, because that was for the parents….I just told her that I wasn’t going to tell her not to come, that is up to her. But they showed up anyways. Oh well. The only problem was….he got easily distracted. He had to keep looking over to make sure we were all watching him. And then MIL or SIL or Hubby had to wave at him. I told them to stop because he was getting distracted…but it was funny! He wasn’t the tallest kid on his team, surprisingly! He had so much fun. He fell a few times, just tripped. So, this other guy kinda takes over….so I thought maybe he was the coach. We (Hubby and I) went up to meet him afterwards, because I think it is very important to know who his coaches are….and he tells us that he doesn’t really know anything about soccer….his daughter is on the team and she played last year…..but he was just told tonight that our team has no head-coach, so it is up to the parents. Well, I told him he did a great job and that we appreciated him stepping up. He was very nice and he made an effort to get to know the kids names and give them high-fives and just have fun with them. That is the most important thing. He said he was going to go and buy a book about soccer so he would do better. He apologized…but again, I thought he did great. Funny thing….he was telling the kids to dribble the ball down the court….I was waiting for I-Man to do just that! But he got it! He did so good! I am so proud of him. I was such a proud momma last night! I just love that little guy so much. God has blessed me beyond belief with my two beautiful angels and one on the way. I often ponder how un-worthy I am to have such beautiful children. God is so awesome!

So, anyways. The first night of soccer was a hit! It was worth the $30 some bucks we paid for it…just the first night! Oh, they made them do jumping jacks and stretches….have you ever seen a group of 4, 5 & 6year olds do jumping jacks? We about died laughing. So fun!!!! I can’t wait until his first “game”. They don’t keep score in this league…..which I love. At this age, it is all about building the kids up and making sure they have fun!

So, we all went home and Hubby gave the kids a bath while I cleaned the kitchen. We had to leave in such a hurry that we didn’t get the kitchen cleaned up from dinner. That killed me. I couldn’t stop thinking of my dirty kitchen the whole time we were at soccer. That is my OCD. I have to clean the kitchen immediately when we are done eating…..although most of it is already done because I wash as I go. So, anyways….then FAB and I sat and played with the MagnaDoodle some more before we put her to bed. She LOVES to brush her teeth. She walks around and says “teeth” over and over and over again until you let her brush them. So funny!

Then KK’s husband (my friend, not the daughter of TT, duh!) came over to make sure that I-Man’s t-ball shirt fit him. He is the head coach of I-Man’s team and my Hubby is the assistant coach. That is Thursday night (before small group)…so that will be fun! Thankfully the largest size shirt fit him and he will be number 44 and his name will be on her jersey! He was excited about that too. We sat and visited with him for a while….he is a really nice guy. I am glad that he will be I-Man’s coach!

Umm…so then I laid in bed and read my book while I-Man watched Scooby-Dooby and Hubby cleaned out our junk drawers. Amazing to me how messy those things get! You would think since we have so much drawer space that it wouldn’t be an issue….but the more space you have, the more space you junk up!

So, that was my Monday! Today has been fine at work. I am just not feeling 100% today. We are going to Hubby’s co-workers house for dinner tonight. They live in the town I grew up in and funny thing…very close to my cousin and best friend from HS that live there. Hubby works with this guy at TW and they went to college together. Isn’t that wild? Well, they have become very good friends and I have been telling Hubby that we need to do something with him and his family (he is married and has a daughter close to FAB’s age)…so they invited us over for a cook-out. I hope it is fun. These kinds of things make me uncomfortable. I know that is out of character for me. But I have never met his wife…and what will we talk about…stuff like that. I am sure it will be fun. And what a beautiful day for a cook-out!

So, that is about it! I will talk to you all later! Love you all and praying for you!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I am so glad that I-Man had so much fun with soccer practice yesterday! Pita Pocket would love to do that! Are ya taking pictures? You HAVE to take pictures of him playing soccer!

I know what you mean about going to people's houses that you don't know! That kind-of freaks me out too! Hope you had a good time....I know you did....you are good at making first impressions!

Lots of Love!

Jodi said...

lol..forget pictures...you better have the VIDEO CAMERA at the soccer field every time you are there!!!!! well...and also the camera....lol

I was dying laughing at the image of all those little ones doing jumping jacks...and I-man going off to another field....how funny!!!

Thanks for journaling the little every day things about my neice and nephew...they are precious gifts!

And I hope ya had fun at the cookout! That is not my thing either...but it will probably be really fun! I usually have to psyche myself up for something like that but then I'm really glad I did it...I bet you will be too!

Love you sis!

Josy said...

I am so excited for I-man! You will have to email your address so I can send him a little something. I am so proud of him!

Love in Faith,
Josy