Saturday, March 04, 2006

What a week!

Man! This has been a crazy week…and next week will only be worse!!! Just so much going on at work…it leaks over into family time….and ugh! Thank goodness I have such an understanding husband! Let me fill you in on my week:

Wednesday….work was fine. Didn’t have to see Stinky Pete much at all. I have finally trained him to just call me instead of asking me to come up to his office. That way I can make faces and put the phone on mute so I can call him names. It makes me much happier! But anyways…KK and I went out to lunch because we had to take something to one of the branches….so when we got back and I got back to my office….there was a GORGEOUS bouquet of a dozen roses on my desk! They are white, red and purplish pink roses….BEAUTIFUL! I opened the card (after picking my chin up off the floor) and it said “Who says I never get you anything. Love, Scott”. I was so surprised! Monday night, SIL #1 was over and she was giving him a hard time and telling him that he needs to be more romantic and surprise me with flowers more often. She told him that he could just go get flowers from Krogers….nothing fancy….but surprise me. So, when I got these on Wednesday, I wanted to call SIL to thank her….but when I talked to Hubby he said that he had actually meant to send them to me last week but had forgotten and was going to do it before she even said anything. WHATEVER. I was thrilled! He told me that he was going to do it at Valentines but it is more expensive on the holiday….and he wanted to surprise me. He did! They are beautiful!!!! So, that was a nice treat!!!

Thursday….work was fine. Well…I forgot to mention that on Wednesday, KK left a message for our old boss (who is now Stinky Pete’s boss) that we wanted to see him. So, right after work on Thursday, KK and I drove over to Columbus to meet Joe for dinner. Luckily my mom was in town and she was keeping the kids overnight for us. So, Hubby didn’t mind. So, anyways….we drove over to Columbus and met him for dinner. We met him at 6:30 and did not leave until 11:00. Talk about exhausted!!! But it was very good…..he was flabbergasted at some of the things that Stinky Pete has us doing….he was really questioning, as are we, what Stinky Pete does. We had a five page document of bullet-points of all the issues with him. We also had copies or print-outs of examples to support our issues. Again, Joe was flabbergasted and is working to get this fixed. Now, he can’t just fire Stinky Pete overnight….but he is going to work on fixing it. It was a very good conversation…and I am confident that he will make sure things get better. He is pretty high up in the company…..actually, very high up in the company. He is the Regional Manager…so he is responsible for all of Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia……so he is important. People listen when he talks. It was a nerve-wracking thing that we did…..because ultimately SP is still my boss…..but I know that Joe will get this fixed. SO….didn’t get home until after 12:30….had to get up early for work on Friday!!! Talk about tired!

Friday…another okay day at work. I didn’t see SP at all….just had to cover up for his lack of knowledge…..nothing out of the ordinary! Well, something fun happened! LC, a guy I work with, took KK and I to lunch…he bought! Well, afterwards we went to Staples to buy some “That Was Easy” buttons. That is our joke with SP. He asks us to do some off-the-wall things and we always joke (behind his back, of course), like we are hitting a “TWE” button. So, we had told Joe about that on Thursday night and he cracked up at that. So, we decided to buy him a button and send it to him with a Thank You note for meeting us. So, we walked out of there with 4 “TWE” buttons! Well, as were leaving the parking lot, we saw a guy throwing away these huge marketing signs that are nothing but a big picture of the “TWE” button. SO, KK went and asked him for one of those posters and he gave it to her! So, it is now hanging in my office!!! TOO FUN!

SO…that has been my week at work! With the trade show next week…and our name change the following week…..I am about to lose my mind! My office is stacked with boxes and crap everywhere! This week will be a whirlwind!!! I will have to work off and on all weekend next weekend…and then have to be at work by 4:45 AM on Monday! We are going to have a live TV remote at 5:00 AM. This local funny media guy (Jim Bucher) is going to do his broadcast from our festivities. SO!!!! Exciting….but tiring just thinking about it!!!!

On to more important things…..my kids! So, they are doing okay. I-Man came down with pink-eye and a cold on Thursday. Luckily we had eye drops from the last time one of them had pink eye….so we didn’t even take him to the doctor. His eye is getting better….but it still isn’t cleared up entirely. SO, I won’t be a PT practice tonight. I don’t know where he got the pink eye…..but we don’t want to pass it around church! Hopefully it is better by the morning because I am supposed to be in the nursery for SS and second service tomorrow. So, we will see! FAB is fine…just whiny. Baby #3 is still making me pretty nauseous…but this too shall pass! I-Man did something to our computer and now our “Home Page” is Nick jr. com. How do I fix that? Oh well.

Well….I really had better go. I have things I want to do today…and haven’t done them yet! It is kinda nice to not HAVE to do anything because I know next weekend will NOT be like that! Love you all!!!!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Go to TOOLS
INTERNET OPTIONS
GENERAL and then type in your address that you want as your homepage. OR....go to the page that you want as your homepage and then follow the steps and then the address will automatically be in there!

Okay, sorry there was no HI at the beginning, but I would have forgotten the steps!! LOL!

I'm glad you and KK talked to Joe. He needs to know what is going on and I'm suprised he didn't hear after the "dance-off" last week!

Wish you would be at praise team practice, but I totally understand....plus I don't want Pita Pocket to get it! LOL! That stuff is SOOOO contagious. I wonder where he got it...preschool probably. It takes a few days for it to show up! great!!!

Have a fun day today!
Lots of Love!

SebbieDue said...

Wow, you've been a busy lady!

That's so cool that your hubby got you the flowers! What a sweetie (even if he did have help)!

Too bad Joe can't just transfer SP somewhere else for a while. Put you & KK out of your misery!

I'm sorry I-Man has pink-eye That's a pain. Will miss you if you're not there tomorrow. Maybe I'll catch you at TH?

Much love!

girlie_mom said...

Holy moley you are crazy busy. I can't hardly think about that many things to do let alone actually have to do it!!! So sorry things are sooo crazy. I would bet you won't be at TH right, since you have to be at work so early with Jim Bucher!!! How much festivities is he going to be able to see at 5 a.m.?? LOL

My parents are going to be at church tomorrow so we won't fit in a row together :( See ya then!

Lots of love!