Sunday, March 05, 2006

Good Weekend

It has been a really good weekend. A relaxing weekend! Hubby and I got up and he went and got the kids....they had stayed at their Mimi Ohio's house. The kids and I just hung around here all morning. I cleaned the house...took all my snowman stuff down and put all my spring/summer stuff up. I really have a snowman fetish....so much stuff! So, the house is nice and clean! I wanted to change our bathroom theme from ducks....so I held off on putting the shower curtain up in there. About the time I was ready to go to Target, it was time for FAB's nap...so I didn't want to take her there when she was so tired. I wouldn't get to look at anything. So, Hubby came home from work and we got her down for a nap and I took off to Target by myself! HOW COOL!??!?!

So, I looked at bathroom stuff....and I ended up sticking with Rubber Duckies. I just got a new duckie shower curtain...way cute....and a few other "new" duckie accessories for the bathroom. It looks cute. And is so clean! Our shower has been draining really slow....well I finally got Hubby to fix it yesterday...so everything is clean and pretty!

So, when I-Man and FAB and I all woke up from naps, we decided to give the kids quick baths and then went to Friendly's for dinner. Hubby had to leave before we were done for PT practice. I ended up not going because I-Man's eye was still pretty pink. We didn't want to spread that around church. So, the kids and I stayed home. I missed everyone very much and just not praising God with them last night.....but Mom duties come first!!!!

Okay...so this weekend, I have watched two movies...both good. "Walk the Line"...very good movie....and "Crash"....also a good movie. The first one was good and the acting was amazing. I loved it! The second one...not really my typical movie and there was a lot of language in it....but it was good. Really makes you think. It was about racism and such. So, I usually don't watch movies much...but a guy at work gave me both of those movies. So!

Okay....I digressed. SO, this morning...the kids didn't sleep very late. FAB woke up a couple of times in the 5:00 hour and then they both were in our room at 6:51. They went back to sleep for a bit...but not long. I got up and got ready to go to the first service. That is very nice to have that option since I am in the back in the nursery for both hours this week. We sang my favorite hymn..."Victory In Jesus"...oh, and I love "Power in the Blood"....but I wanted to clap and I guess that is not allowed in the first service. But, it was still a good service....again, great that I still get to go to church!

So, nursery was fine. I was amazed at how well FAB actually does with their little worship service. I dread being back there each time...which is bad to say, but I am being honest....because I miss being on stage....and that whole experience....but when I am back there, I am so blessed by those little kids and how they praise God in their own worship service. I am so glad that I get to worship with FAB once a month. The kids were all pretty good today too...and there were quite a few missing...so it wasn't as crazy as normal!

After church, we went to Wendy's for a quick lunch. The kids were good, hallelujah! I-Man went home with his Mimi for a bit...and FAB and I came home and took LONG naps. The boys went to a b-ball game....and we slept all afternoon. I LOVE Sundays and catching up on my sleep!!!! :)

So, that is about it! Tonight is Women's Group....looking forward to that....and then tomorrow begins a CRAZY week at work! My parent's are coming up tomorrow....so the kids will stay with them tomorrow night. I am sure that the other mommies are reading this and wondering when I keep my kids myself?!?!? But they love spending the night with their grandparents....and I am pretty free with that. Mostly because my grandparents never had me over to spend the night when I was little....and I think it is pretty cool that they have grandparents who want to spend that much time with them. So, I feel a bit guilty about it....but I think it is pretty cool for my kids.

Well...I will see most of you tonight and I will talk to the rest of you later!!! Love you Ya-Yas!

2 comments:

girlie_mom said...

YOu definately deserved a nice calm relaxing weekend!!! Yea for you and not over doing it. I agree with the whole grandparents thing. But my girls don't get to do that much only Pretty my mom "can't" handle her too. What sense does that make?? Hope this week isn't too much for ya, remember ya are pregnant. :)

Lots of love!

Kelley said...

I was wonderin' if the kids ever stay with you!! LOL! Just kidding!
Sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm thinking that you need to quit your job so you can stay at women's group longer!!!! When that baby comes, you will HAVE to stay later because you will NOT have to go to work the next day!
Lots of Love!