Thursday, September 13, 2012

Money

Ha! Money. Funny how the more you make, the more you spend! Just when I think, phew...we have some breathing room...something happens. Yep. This summer we had to buy a new furnace and a/c unit for our house. A month later we put in a new driveway. God blessed us and we were able to pay for all of that without having to finance anything. That is great! So, we had one normal month of income and "outcome"...and then low and behold....Scott's car broke down in a driveway of a customer in Cincinnati yesterday. Seriously? I just have to laugh. God is still good and something like that ain't gonna get me down! That is just a little blip in this big old crazy life we live! Fun date night with Scott last night. He won tickets to the Red's Game in what is called the Diamond Club. We were 6 rows from home plate and all the food and drink was included and brought to your seat! PLUS they had this gorgeous buffet of food and desserts inside before the game started! It was a fun evening with his boss and his wife - friends of ours from church - and we just had a blast. It was nice to be Missy and Scott and not Mommy and Daddy for an evening! We don't do that enough... In Matthew 17:20 it says, "He replied, 'Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard see, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to tehre,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." So, I know that we have all read and heard that scripture before. But I am telling you....I am 36 years old and for the.first.time.ever....that scripture came to life for me. I was driving and listening to kLove and Jason Castro (yeah, American Idol) was talking about his new song that talks about that scripture and how there are things in our life (financial troubles - hello) or temptations or whatever they might be. Those are mountains. God can move them. Umm...hello. 36 years old and for the first time ever I realized that this scripture wasn't just about a physical Mountain like Mount Everest. But about those "mountains" in our life. Wow. Just wow. I want to share that with people, but I am sure they will laugh at me and think I am crazy for not realizing that sooner in life! God is speaking to us...we just have to listen!!!!

No comments: