Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Last Day of Work - FOREVER!!!!

Today is my Daddy's last day of work - FOREVER! He is retiring today! Well, Jodi and I told him that now he can work for us - on our Daddy-Do lists! But today is his official last day at Ford! (LOL...did you think I was talking about myself in the title! I wish!!!) So, Happy Retirement Dad!!! Please keep him and my mom in your prayers as they have SO much on their plates right now! Today is his last day....they are packing up their Kentucky house today...they close on the sale of that tomorrow....they close on the house they are buying in Ohio on Friday...they move in this weekend - and the weather is not looking good for that! So, just pray for peace for them. I know my Dad hasn't slept in weeks!

And also, please pray for Jodi! Just as I am excited that Mom and Dad are moving up here, I am sure she is going to miss having them so close! This is going to be a big change for everyone! I was telling Kelli the other day that I haven't lived this close to my parents for my whole adult life! So....it is going to be an adjustment! So, just keep Jodi and Jim in your prayers too! Love you Sister!!!!

So...not much to update really. Faith Anne really made me mad last night....the stinker! She was acting like she needed to poop (hiding in the corner), so Scott put her on the toilet and she sat there screaming for me. So, I went in and sat down on the tub and talked to her while she was on the potty. I asked her if she wanted to wear big-girl panties and she said that she did. So, I went and got them and let her pick out what pair she wanted to wear. I put them on her and she strutted around the entire house - showing everyone her panties - even Gracie who just laughed at her! So, I made her sit on a towel because I didn't want pee on the furniture! We ate dinner and she sat on her towel and was so proud of her panties. After dinner, Scott and I were talking in our room with Gracie and next thing I know, Faith Anne comes in and tells me her sock is wet. Well, hello...what about the panties you have on that are wet?!?! That is why the sock is wet, silly Girl! So, I made her clean up the floor where she pee'd...reminds me of a puppy....then I put her in the shower and hosed her down. That little stinker. So, I told her we were giving her big girl panties to her friend Madison. At first she cried, so I thought....great! We will try again. But then she went and got all of her big girl panties and put them by the front door for Madison. Yep, she is going to be wearing diapers in Kindergarten!!!!!!!!

We did some "Spring Cleaning" last night! I worked in the main living area (that is what I am going to call it....because it is one big area..kitchen, living room, dining room, sitting area....) cleaning and taking down all of my snowman stuff. I told Scott that winter is no longer welcome here....Jodi made me a wreath that says "Winter Welcome" with a snowman on it....so I took that down. Scott and Isaac worked in Isaac's room - cleaning, organizing and getting rid of two buckets of toys! Now we have to do the girl's room! That is going to be a chore! But I like having all the clutter cleaned up!

Well, that is really about all I have for today! I just wanted to post about my parents really - and the joys of potty-training. I think I am about to just give up on her until she is ready - because she is obvioulsy not ready right now.

Have a great Hump Day! Love and hugs to all!

4 comments:

Sara said...

You're really making me dread starting Abby on potty training! LOL. We are going to start when she's 2, but you're making me very afraid! :) I'm sure she'll get it soon. It's like you have to find out what that one "trigger" is to get them to do it.

I'm so happy for your Mom and Dad and you, but I'm also sad for Jodi. I know this must be a huge change for her and Jimmie as well, so praying for everyone! It sounds like your parents will have a very busy next few days, so I'll be in prayer! Love ya!

Kelley said...

Yes, I did think that you meant that it was YOUR last day! lol! I'm happy for your parents. I know it must be a huge change for your entire family. Praying for your parents through this hectic time.

Sorry about the whole potty training thing. It will come...just give it time.

I'm totally out of my spring cleaning bug. Have no clue where it went but it is gone....glad yours is still with ya!

Lots of Love!

Sherry said...

Oh, girl, good luck with the potty training! Those stubborn kids (Joe is one) are so much fun! There's really not much you can do until she just decides to do it. A huge, huge help with Joe was wearing underwear at daycare. I don't know what the difference was but once he got the hang of staying accident-free at daycare, at home followed pretty quick.

I'm making my blog private, so be watching your email for the invite!

Dawn said...

Hey girl I'm still trying to get Abbi potty trained. The girl has been poopie trained since last May and that I'm thankful for. I've never heard of such a thing to know how to go poopie on the potty but still go pee a year later almost in your pull up. I mean we've gone a few weeks here and there where we wear the panties but she pretty much refuses to wear them she WANTS her pull ups and its such a fight I just give in. Now you have more motivation to train cause you are already buying lots of diapers . SHe'll come around but I understand how stressfull it can be. Your parents were just so cute holding Gracie last sunday. I was just watching them and thinking how lucky you are to have them back here. I can't wait to pass my kids on to my parents in a few weeks LOL! I am thinking of Xing the days off on the calendar is that mean? HEE HEE! Take care girl see ya sunday!