Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Well, it sure has been an interesting few days! That much is for sure! I guess we can’t really complain, because we have still had a mild winter. But I am ready for Spring!

Let me back-up for a minute though and tell you about my weekend!!!

Friday…I worked until 1:00 (oh, a girl I work with is making the cutest purses! So, I got two of them from her on Friday) and then I met my mom at the Doctor’s office for Gracie’s 4 month check-up! First of all, I can’t believe it has been 4 months already! Well, she weighs 16.75 pounds (97%tile) and is 25 inches long (75%tile)…and her head is like in the 95%tile too. So, she is very healthy! J AKA very chubby! The nurse and doctor kept commenting on how cute she was and the nurse didn’t want to give her the shots because Gracie was so smiley and happy! But, she still had to get 4 shots! She was a trooper…..she cried, but got over it quickly. My mom took Gracie and Faith Anne and I headed home to get our boys! We got the boys and the van all packed and headed down the highway! We met Jason, Tera and Madison at Outback for dinner…YUM! We were all very good on our diets (except Scott LOL) at dinner. Then we headed to the hotel! We got checked into the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason and found our room. Everything was so nice…clean…cool and just really, really nice! We quickly got changed into our swimming stuff and headed to the Water Park! The guys immediately took off (with Isaac) to the slides and the girls and I headed to the kids slides and wave pool. We had a great time….Faith Anne was scared of just about everything…but we pushed her down a few slides anyways! We are bad parents….she had fun, but she would say she didn’t want to do it again! So…the boys came back and Tera and I went down the biggest slide of all…it is like a roller coaster! You ride this raft thing and it shoots you up little hills and stuff….very, very fun! We were both a little scared as we waited in line…but it was fun! So, then we had the girls again and the boys went off to do whatever….we hung out in the wave pool and the lazy river…and then decided to take the girls and get their PJs on for a bed-time story – read by the wolf – by the fireplace! That really wasn’t as much fun as it sounds. Faith Anne was scared of the wolf (imagine that… are you sensing a theme?) and you couldn’t really hear the story…so we went into the gift shop…then we went down to the bakery where they had the best looking desserts in the world. I am not kidding….we both are “dieting”, but decided we really needed something since we were on vacation. We couldn’t decide what we wanted. So, we checked that out and said we would come back with money! We went up to the room and waited for the guys…they came back within minutes of being in the room. Tera and I get along really great….so we had such a good time just talking and stuff. So, the guys got changed and then we all headed downstairs. The boys headed to the Arcade – like Chuck-e-Cheese – with the kids and Tera and I checked out the desserts again…still didn’t buy anything. So, we went to see what they were all up to….they were doing fine…so we went up to the restaurant/bar and sat and enjoyed ourselves there for a while. We saw two lesbians…and an older weird guy who was with his wife – but they didn’t look like they belonged together – and he was staring at Tera. We got a good laugh at that. We went back downstairs and took the kids from the boys so they could play games….and we went back to the bakery. At this point, it was about to close…so we finally decided what we wanted….and was it ever HEAVENLY! So, we headed back up to the room and got the kids in bed. Madison and Faith Anne wanted to sleep together…and that was so cute to see. Tera took some pictures of them. Isaac had a big bed all to himself, but I think he would have rather been with the girls! After we got them in bed, we played cards (euchre…not that I know how to spell that) and just talked. We had a really great time!

So, Saturday morning, we all got up and got ready. My kids were the first ones up….no surprise there! We got all of our stuff out of the room and checked out and then had the most wonderful breakfast at the hotel – they had a buffet and the waffles (which I am really not a big fan of) were to die for! They were like little pieces of heaven! J So, after our big breakfast, we went to the waterpark! This time, Scott and I kept all the kids so that Jason and Tera could ride some slides….then they took all the kids and we did the same. That was fun! Scott and I were over the weight limit on one of them, so our butts dragged a little, but it was still very, very fun! So, that was pretty much how the day went…I volunteered to sacrifice (lol) and keep the girls a lot….I am not that into water slides, and I had so much fun in the wave pool and the lazy river, that I didn’t mind one little bit! So, the kids were getting tired and we were getting hungry, so we got dressed and went to have lunch at the restaurant/bar before we headed home. We really had a wonderful time! I am ready to go back again!!! Seriously, the kids were both asleep in the van before we even got to the interstate…and it isn’t that far off the highway! We got home and Mom and Dad brought Gracie home and told us about the house they found and put an offer on. I wish we could’ve visited with them more, but they were tired and we were tired and Isaac was pestering them to spend the night….so, we pretty much cleaned house and did laundry on Saturday night. I spend a lot of time holding Gracie! I missed that little girl! I am glad we didn’t take her…we would see babies there and miss our babies, but not enough to have brought them and had to worry with them the whole time. That wouldn’t have been much fun.

So, that was our little get-away! Sunday…we got up and went to church. We decided to just come home after church…I went and got my nails done and then Hubby went grocery shopping…and then he went to Men’s Group and I enjoyed a nice quiet evening with Gracie (the other two were already in bed!). Oh…I wanted to say that our Sunday School class is really great! We have such a diverse group….the discussions are great and it is just really nice to have the all women’s class!!!! Ok….that is all I wanted to say about that!

So, Monday was work and that was fairly uneventful! I had to leave at 1:00 to get Isaac from school, instead of 2. They had an early dismissal. We got home and I worked and he played. I don’t really remember what we did on Monday evening…..nothing, I guess. OH! Now I remember….I took Isaac to the eye doctor with me and had a HORRIBLE experience there. My appointment was at 5:30. So, I got there at about 5:15 because I had never been there before and figured there would be paperwork. The girl was rude to me for being early. So, I did the paperwork…and waited…and waited…and waited. It was 5:50 and I was about to go tell them I was leaving when they came and got me. They took me back for my “pre-doctor screening”. Then they put me back in the lobby to wait. It was about 6:00 now. So….6:26 rolls around and I am still waiting. I went up to the receptionist (who was really nice) and told her I was leaving – this is ridiculous. She tells me that my doctor’s appointment wasn’t until 6:00, but he was running late. I told her no, my appointment was at 5:30…she says that is for the pre-work (that took 10 minutes)…I wasn’t to see the doctor until 6:00 – what a dumb way to run your appointments! Whatever. I left and I am not going back…just try to make me pay for that appointment! That was horrible!!!!! So, Isaac and I went home and had dinner and then Scott took him and Faith Anne to the store to get Valentines. I had bought him some, but he was writing his name in the wrong place…in the “To” spot instead of the “From” spot….he started crying when I pointed it out to him….so I told him we would get new ones. They found Scooby Dooby ones, so that made him very happy.

Well, we have an appointment with his teacher on Thursday night. I think they are going to tell us that he needs to re-do Kindergarten. There are just some things he is not getting…so I am preparing myself for that. I am sure I will cry with the teacher, but oh well! That is who I am and I can’t help it. Isaac will be very disappointed, but I would rather have him re-do Kindergarten than to have him struggle in school. We will see. Scott is pretty upset and doesn’t want to hold him back, but I am going to trust the teacher. We knew this was a possibility when we sent him at 4. So, say a little prayer for us tomorrow night.

So, anyways….Tuesday….well, I got up and saw all the snow outside and saw that Isaac’s school was cancelled. I got ready for work anyways…and then ended up just working from home. I was on the phone most of the morning and then worked like crazy in the afternoon because we ended up closing our branches early…so all that work falls on me. It was quite interesting! Scott stayed home…who can sell cable door-to-door when there is 5 – 6 inches of snow and 2 – 3 inches of ice on the ground…and still falling? So, he did a good job of keeping the kids from bothering me too much. It was nice to be able to work from home for the whole day! I loved being able to hug and kiss the kids occasionally! We had chili for dinner and just stayed in all day and night! It was nice!

This morning…got up and got ready for work and then got on-line for work at 5:51 and the morning was crazy! I sat in the same spot and talked on the phone, sat on conference calls, sent emails, etc. until 9:00! By that point, the kids were driving me crazy and I decided to go to work. LOL I guess yesterday they weren’t stir crazy yet, so they were good. Not this morning! So, I braved the bad roads (they haven’t plowed my street at all!!!) and made my way into work! There is hardly anyone here…and things have died down now. Our branches opened late today…so that is what my entire day has been consumed with! There is so much “behind the scenes” to deal with – no one thinks about that!!!

So, that is about it! Everyone is doing fine….Mom and Dad have sold their Kentucky house and are buying another house in my town….it is bigger than what they have now. So, next they will be selling their house here! Things have gone so smoothly for them so far, so please pray that that continues.

Well, I guess I have rambled enough for one day! I hope you all have a Happy Valentines Day! Love ya!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

What eye place did you go to? Was it Nova on Indian Ripple? That's where I went and it sounds similar to my experience. I didn't have to wait quite as long as you, but it did take awhile. HOpe you find another place soon!

I'm glad you all had a good time! It sounds like a very fun place and glad you got to enjoy some yummy dessert! Is Jason Trina's brother? I wondered if that was the one...

I'm so glad your parents are moving closer. I know it's sad for Jodi, but good for you and the kiddos! Praying they can sell this house up here quickly!

Love ya!

Kelley said...

Sounds like your trip was wonderful!!!!! It's nice to go out with friends like that....I LOVED our trip two summers ago to your parents house!

I'm happy for you about your parents. I know you just can't wait for them to settle down soon. I'm so happy for them!!!!

Ummmm...sounds like a scheduling problem with that eye doctor! Find a new one!

I can't believe that Gracie is already 4 months old. You need to scan a picture so I can see her!

Lots of Love!