Monday, February 05, 2007

Snow Day...but No Snow?!?!

So is it bad that I was upset that Isaac didn’t have school today? For some reason, all the schools in the area closed…I guess because it is so cold. I wish work would close because it is too cold! I work in a big Tower – and they are dumb and turn the heat off on the weekend (to save money) and so it has still not warmed up in here! I have a little space-heater, but it is still FREEZING in here! Anyways…since Isaac didn’t have school, I had no excuse to leave here early and work from home! I look forward to that now! So, I was a little bummed by that!!! Oh well!!!!

Enough of my whining…I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I did – but it just went by so stinking fast! We didn’t do anything too exciting….but I will re-cap it for you anyways!

Friday night…Scott went and got Chipotle for dinner (yum!) and then he and Isaac went to a basketball game. The Girls and I went to the Mall. I didn’t really want to go anywhere…but Faith Anne wanted to go! So, we went to the Mall and she was very upset because she just assumed that Mandy & Abbey would be there (that is where we met once a week while I was on maternity leave). So, I got to shop a little bit at Parisian (got 2 shirts for $14!!!) and then she played….and then we shared a pretzel…and then we left! Gracie slept the entire time, but woke up mad and hungry on the way home! So, when we got home, I fed her and then soon after, Scott and Isaac got home. We got all the kids to bed and then we went to bed. I was so exhausted!

Gracie slept from like 11:30ish to 9:00!!!! It was so WONDERFUL! I got up at 6:00 and had to change Isaac’s sheets – he had an accident (too much water!). But I went right back to sleep and didn’t actually get out of bed until almost 11:00! Seriously! Now, I wasn’t sleeping that whole time….playing with the kids and what-not, but that was heavenly! It has been a long time since I got to do that! Have I mentioned how much I love our king bed??? So, I got up and got moving and Isaac and I headed out to a birthday party for Kelli’s (KK’s) son – Logan! It was at a bowling alley. We had fun! I stayed to help her with all the 5 and 6 year olds. Isaac was the only one there that doesn’t go to school with them…so I was a little concerned that he wouldn’t have fun… but he had a blast! He just fit right in. We went home after that and pretty much just hung out at the house the rest of the night. Scott made a really good dinner and then he went to PT practice…the kids were pretty well-behaved.

Sunday…was a very busy day! We got to church and had a good Sunday School class…I cried…big surprise there….and service was good. Then we came home and had a quick bite and I got busy making White Chili. Then we rushed off to Grand Court (a nursing home). Our Small Group has decided to do that once or month or something like that…I am not sure of how often. But we got there and Scott and I lead music. It was such a pleasure to sing those old hymns and see the faces of those attending just light up with the words. Kerry did the message….and the kids – all the kids – were so well-behaved! They were all (the Pranaitis 4 and our 3) sitting with Grandma Pat and another lady…and Kaylen and they were so quiet and well behaved. It was very surprising and nice! Anyways, Kerry’s message was so sweet and he was telling them that they should remember no matter how old they are, God can use them right where they are. He said that they are such a blessing to us and he got choked up and it was just so sweet. He is such a sincere person….it was nice. So, we left there and headed home for a quick minute. I threw together a dessert to take to church and then we were off to church for the Super Bowl party. I won for “most original chili”….because mine was the only white chili. It was pretty good, if I do say so myself! We had a good time at church. It is always fun to hang out with everyone. I feel like I ran around the whole time keeping a tab on the kids, but they were pretty good for the most part. At one point, Isaac got locked in a room by some older kids, but Scott scared them (Lol) so it was alright. Actually, he just told them to keep in mind how big Isaac is and paybacks would not be fun! LOL But other that that, it was fun. I don’t know if anyone ended up going to Women’s Group last night or not….I didn’t. I was just too tired! We got home and I straightened up the house and then lay down with Gracie. She and I both feel asleep pretty quickly. I didn’t even wake up when Scott came and got her to feed her before bed.

At some point, Faith Anne got into bed with Scott and I last night. I woke up to him getting up to go to the bathroom and felt beside me….and she was there! So, who knows? Gracie woke up at 5:00 to eat….I guess her sleeping schedule isn’t real defined yet. She went right back to sleep after I fed her, though. We haven’t swaddled her for the last two nights….she has done alright with it. I always hate to give that up because I think it helps them to sleep…but she wasn’t staying swaddled, so I worried about her getting smothered under her blanket. She is so cute…and really such a good baby!

So, that was my weekend in review…LOL. This is going to be another busy week…but we are going to The Great Wolf Lodge on Friday, so I am looking forward to that. I don’t know the plans yet, but my mom is going to keep Gracie for us. She might be taking her back to Kentucky with her. Kelli and I are going to our Zumba class on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday this week. Maybe we will finally get it down! I doubt it….but it is certainly worth a good laugh!

I hope you all have a great week…I will talk to you soon!!! Love ya!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! Can Abby come and sleep in your King size bed??? :) She woke up early both days over the weekend! Arrgghh!

I'll have to get your white chili recipe. Sounds interesting....

I hope you have fun this weekend. I'll have to look that up. I saw a commercial the other day. I'll have to check it out. At least you won't have to deal with Gracie!

Well, have a good week and have fun at your Zumba class! Love ya!

Kelley said...

There is a lot of schools that are closing because of it's too cold...do we not pay taxes for the schools to have heat anymore?

Yeah for the most original chili!!!!! What did ya win?!?!?!?

Lots of Love!