Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!! Can you believe that it is 2007? Where, oh where does the time go? I always thought my parents were weird when they would talk about how fast the time goes by as you get older…but they were right! It just seems like yesterday that I was graduating from high school, moving into my college dorm, meeting Hubby and dating, getting married, buying our first house, having our first child…then our second…and now our third! Man! Time flies…but more importantly, WOW! How God has blessed me! Words cannot describe how blessed I am. We serve an amazing God who meets our needs and loves us with the type of love that our human brains cannot even begin to comprehend. WOW! Hallelujah that He has allowed me to ring in another new year!!!! Maybe this will be the year that He returns!

SO…..things are going along just fine here! This is my last day of leave! Tomorrow, reality settles in and I return to work after being off for 16 weeks! I have had some emotional moments over the last few days. I am really going to miss being home with my kiddos…especially FAB. Yes, she drives me crazy sometimes with her “diva-like” ways, but I have really enjoyed the one-on-one time I have had with her. And of course, Petunia is just starting to develop a personality and smiling and laughing…so I will miss her. And hopefully, I will still be able to pick up I-Man from school a few days a week. We will see after I have a chance to talk to Stinky Pete tomorrow. I am assuming that he will either take me to lunch or have a time for us to just talk sometime tomorrow. So, please pray for me. Pray that I am able to be as bold and as blunt as I need to be, but also with some grace so that maybe he will understand how I really feel and see that there are some things he really needs to work on changing. I was talking to my Mom about it this morning and I am just really not a blunt person when it comes to people of authority…because of the way my parents raised me – to be courteous and respectful. But I need to be bold with Stinky Pete. So….please keep me in your prayers tomorrow! I am hoping he will allow me to do the “flex-time” thing where I can work from home 2 – 3 days a week in the afternoon. Pray…pray…pray!

Well, we have had a very nice week this past week. Christmas was nice…we had a game night on Tuesday night and that was fun…I had dinner with my girlfriends from work…I saw Dream Girls (good musical, but kinda long)…did some shopping….had a fun last lunch with Queen and Princess…and had a great New Year’s Eve Party! We had a lot of fun with my family and SIL and Little B. Everything went really well…and although we missed JJ and Buford at midnight, it was nice to have everyone together again for New Years! My house isn’t nearly as big as my parent’s party house in Kentucky…but it worked out just fine and I think everyone had fun. The last guests didn’t leave until almost 4:00 this morning! We were having fun playing games! Sister bought me the DVD game of the $100,000 Pyramid and I LOVE that game! It was very interesting at 3:00 in the morning! We had some good laughs (BUOY!!!).

So, anyways…we had a great Holiday Season. I am always sad to see it go…but half the fun is the anticipation for next year! I am going to vow (as I always do) to start my shopping earlier and do it throughout the year. We’ll see if that actually happens (doubt it!).

So, the other thing is….I am going to join Weight Watchers on Wednesday! There is a meeting in my building at lunch on Wednesdays. So, there is absolutely NO REASON that I cannot do that. I have got to lose this weight…if nothing else; I have to lose the baby weight! I would like to lose more then that…but I need to lose at least that much! I am just not happy with myself right now. I am not motivated to lose it…or go to the gym…but I have to get back at it! I am not going to start the gym this week – maybe next week. It is going to be hard enough to get up and go to work, let alone get up even earlier and go to the gym! I have gotten very used to staying up late and sleeping in after we get I-Man off to school! So, I will probably be dragging this week!

Uh…oh, I got my hair chopped off again. I figured that I needed an easy hair-do now – who knows what my mornings will look like! If Petunia wakes up to eat while I am getting ready, I would love to be able to feed her so that I can spend some time with her before I leave. Anyways, so my hair is pretty short, but I like it. It will grow out again, I’m sure.

OH, yesterday at church, Detergent asked me if I noticed anything odd in my bathroom after she was here last time. I said…as a matter of fact, I did and I had been blaming Hubby for it for weeks! At the last Women’s Group, I shared how anal I am about my washcloths being folded a particular way. Well, Detergent went into my bathroom and messed up my washcloths! So, when I found it (later that night, of course), I blamed Hubby. He swore that he didn’t do it, but I didn’t believe him. Come to find out, it was Detergent. She thinks she is so funny!!!!

And we found out that the youth girl that SQ mentioned is the one that TP’d our house. She admitted to it on Sunday. I am glad that I-Man knows now, he feels better about it. So, sorry to Beef and Minnie’s Hubby for our blaming them. It seemed so odd that Minnie’s Hubby would’ve called us at the exact time it happened. But, at least we know who did it. We are thinking of getting her back with a different prank…but Detergent said we shouldn’t because then she will just get us back again. I would love to get her at her own game!!!

Well, I guess that is about it for now. Hubby is accusing me of writing a book. I hope you all had a Happy New Year and I will talk to you soon!

Love ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know....I think it would be funny to get her back at her own game...you could get some people in on it too to throw her off! lol!

You can respect Stinky Pete and be blunt and bold with him. That's what he needs, but it's especially important that you get things all out on the table right when you get back. There's no use hiding it and then kicking yourself for not telling him from the beginning. This is the best time to do it...new year, new beginning.

Glad that your new year's party went well. We got to bed 15 minutes before the last person left your house....makes for a lazy day today, doesn't it?

Praying for your first day to go well. I cried....so I know that you will! LOL! And....it's okay to call the person who is keeping them every few minutes...I sure did and Hubby was the one keeping Pita Pocket!

Lots of Love!