Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Random Ramblings....

Well, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! We sure did…and a white one too! Yep, we had a White Christmas. Someone (we aren’t sure who, but we have an idea) wanted to make sure that we had a White Christmas, so our entire front yard and trees and lawn decorations were covered in toilet paper. We got home on Christmas Eve (close to midnight) and found our white present on the front lawn. At first, I panicked and got sick to my stomach…I felt very violated and vandalized…and I-Man got really upset and scared. He didn’t want to go inside the house by himself and then even when we were in, he wouldn’t go to the bedrooms because he was scared. So, that upset me that he was too upset to enjoy the “putting food out for the reindeer and cookies for Santa”. But, I tried to explain to him that people do that to be funny…not mean. He doesn’t understand and still wants to know who “doesn’t like us”. He keeps talking about some mean girl….don’t know what he is talking about…but I think he was a little traumatized by it all. Hubby and I just laughed…I have tp’d my share of houses (back in my high school days). Whoever did it…did a really good job. We want to know who did it to find out how in the world they got it into the tallest part of our trees! Again, we know who the accomplices were….and we think we know who did it….but we aren’t for sure. I hope we find out so that we can tell I-Man and he can understand that it was meant as a joke, not because someone is out to get us. 5 year olds just don’t understand stuff like that. But anyways…we had a white Christmas! When we were supposed to get snow on Tuesday morning, I-Man looked out the window with tears and said “I don’t see any snow out there! The only white I see is toilet paper!” I cracked up at that!!!

So anyways! Besides that…we had a good Christmas! I-Man and FAB have really enjoyed all of their gifts already….they got more than I can or want to type! We had fun on Christmas Eve at my parents house with my sisters and my two nieces and nephew and Buford…then we went to Aunt Beautiful and Uncle Poncho’s house and had a wonderful evening with all of my Mom’s side of the family. I just love our traditions and I love spending so much time with family. I actually sat and talked to my Aunts and Uncles more this year while Hubby played games and stuff. That was nice. It was a very, very enjoyable evening. We didn’t leave until late because everyone was just having such a great time.

Christmas morning was fun…the kids slept until about 8:00 – much later than I let my parents sleep when I was a kid. Petunia slept through most of the opening of presents…we decided to just let her sleep because she didn’t know what was going on anyways. I-Man and FAB had fun opening all of their gifts and playing with them. Then we had to rush and get that mess cleaned up (my OCD really kicks in on days like this!!!) and get ourselves ready and fix breakfast. Our tradition is that my family (my mom, dad, JJ & Buford) and Hubby’s family (his mom and sisters and Baby B) all come over to our house for breakfast. Well, MIL’s boyfriend came too….this was his first Christmas without his mom – she died earlier this year. So, we had a nice breakfast, opened some more presents and then played Sister’s Karoke game on the playstation. We had a really good time. Then they all left (except for his sisters and the baby) and then FIL and Step-MIL came over. We opened some more presents and visited with them and then they left and we went to MIL’s house for dinner and games. We had a very long and very full day! I was EXHAUSTED! But…before I went to bed, all of the kids’ presents were out of the boxes and put away and the house was cleaned. Hubby thinks I am crazy…but I can’t handle the mess. Plus, our trash day was on Tuesday, so I wanted to get rid of as much of the stuff as I could! They took EVERYTHING! We had so much trash…because I forgot to mention that my Dad helped Hubby put in a new dishwasher! So, we had that big box full of a bunch of trash too! Plus, Hubby got a new printer for us from work (for FREE) and that big box was full of trash.

Anyways, so we had a busy, but nice Christmas! Then on Tuesday, we took our time getting up in the morning…the kids were having fun playing with their new stuff….and then we had lunch with JJ and my Mom and went bowling. We had fun…even if none of us were really that good! Then we parted ways so the kids could take naps. We came home and got the house ready for a game night! JJ, Buford, Queen, King, Princess, Hair-Dye, Radio and their two kids, and my mom all came over for food and fun…..and we had a lot of both! Petunia started getting fussy…so we had to cut the evening short….hopefully she does better on New Year’s Eve! But we still had a lot of fun!

Today, we were slow getting up this morning…and then Hubby helped me take our tree down. I was eager to get my new “sitting area” arranged the way I want it without a tree in the way! It looks so nice! I-Man has enjoyed watching TV and playing with his toys….FAB went with Hubby to his office for a little bit….Petunia is just being a baby (eating, sleeping, etc.) and I have enjoyed just being home and getting my house back in order!

So! That is about it! This is my last few days off work…I am not looking forward to going back next week…but it is a necessary evil, I guess! I am sure that I will be a better journaler once I get back to work. That is a good thing, I guess!

Hope you are all doing good! I will talk to you all soon! Love ya!

5 comments:

Sara said...

So, let me get this straight....you have a new dishwasher, but you don't even use it???? Are you going to use this one???? :)

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. Sounds very busy! Sorry the TP incident scared I-Man. Who's cleaning all that up??? :) I'm kind of anxious to get my Christmas stuff down too just to have room again. Our tree takes up much needed space in the living room.

Sorry you have to go back to work next week. My SIL's in the same boat too. Have a good rest of the week! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Speedy.....are ya really gonna use this dishwasher or will it be a decorative piece? LOL!

Sorry about I-Man being upset about the toilet paper. But think of how cute that story will be when you tell it when he is older. He's such a cute kid!

Glad ya'll had a wonderful Christmas. Sounds like it was very busy.

So........are ya gonna talk to Stinky Pete this week about flex time?

Lots of Love!

Dawn said...

I totally forgot you mentioned the "white christmas" in my blog a few days ago. It wasn't my hubby like you had thought he never left me LOL! I am wondering about one of the teen girls ( C ) at church cause she's done ours twice before and she's good. Sorry that it scared I-man and on Christmas eve when you wanted them all happy and excited. Well I'm anal but I still have toys under our tree. Mostly games that are still in the boxes. I am taking our tree down tomorrow though the needles are just falling off and that BUGS me!! You'll be back in the work routine before ya know it. I'll be praying for ya. HUGS!!

girlie_mom said...

Hey yeah it wasn't us either with the TP. Pretty was sick during that time so there was NO WAY possible either of us could've left his parents. Sorry is was so dramatic for I-man.

We took our tree down last night. Our living room is still a mess, so hope to get that all cleaned up today.

Sorry your time off is just about over. But now the kids will have new experiences.

Lots of Love!

SebbieDue said...

Praying for you...I know it is tough to go back to work. Also praying that the flex-time thing works out and that eventually you can go part-time.

Remember, I think it was last year this time, you two were struggling w/ finances? Would you have ever imagined that you could toy w/ the idea of going part-time? Isn't God just the greatest?! I love Him so much!!!

Sorry about the TP-thing. I don't have enough energy to do that stuff, but I wouldn't put it past Miss Hair-Dye...sounds like it's right up her alley...hers or CBs, like Dawn said.

Glad your Christmas was a good one! Have a happy New Year!! Much love!