Friday, October 06, 2006

It is Almost Time!!!!

Hello there Ladies! I hope you are all doing well. I have been keeping up with journals…lurking at times…sorry for not commenting on everyone’s sites! I really don’t have an excuse…just haven’t been doing it! But I have been keeping up with you all!

So, what has been going on here? Not a whole lot. Just trying to do all the last minute things to get ready for Little G’s arrival on Monday…and enjoying this last week without a baby. Hubby and I have been very lazy and going back to sleep every morning after we get I-Man off to school. That has been nice…mostly because I don’t sleep at night, so getting a few extra hours of sleep here and there helps. I have to say, I feel like a lazy bum…but I know that this has been my last week to do this! Starting on Monday…back to being the sleep-deprived Mommy of a newborn!!! I am really looking forward to meeting and holding Little G. When we had FAB, I held her all the time because I thought she was my last little baby. Well, knowing that Little G is FOR SURE my last little baby, I will probably hold her as much as I can!!! I am starting to have all kinds of fears and anxieties. I am afraid that she won’t be healthy; I am afraid that something will go wrong with the delivery; I am afraid of how things will go at the hospital with my in-laws being there; I am afraid of how FAB will handle this new addition to our family; I am afraid that I will miss something important in I-Man’s school week; I am afraid that my Mom will be overwhelmed with trying to help us. I mean seriously, the list could just go on and on!!! I know this is normal…but that doesn’t make it any easier!!! So, please keep me and Little G in your prayers!!!

Well, I am definitely having some major contractions. On Wednesday night, I actually called the doctor-on-call because they were consistently 8 minutes apart. She told me to call her back or go in to the hospital if they got to be 5 minutes apart or my water broke. Well, they got to almost that…then they stopped being consistent. So, I just lay down and tried to sleep. I have had some really uncomfortable ones, but they are not at all consistent. So, it looks like it will be Monday. Hubby is funny because he keeps asking me if I am okay…well, I told him to stop asking me that! No, I am not okay! And he is afraid for me to go anywhere because he is afraid that I will go into hard labor. I really don’t think that will happen….but crazier things have happened!!! I am just so READY to not be pregnant anymore. But I know that once she is born, there will be things about being pregnant that I will miss…like feeling her move around and knowing that a precious miracle of life is growing inside of me. But there are MANY things that I will not miss!!! Waddling being one of those! LOL

So, not a whole lot else to talk about…that is why I haven’t journaled! Apparently my MIL took the day off work on Monday, so she will be at the hospital. She has been so weird lately, that I really wouldn’t have been surprised if she wasn’t there. FIL called Hubby last night for some reason…we don’t know why. I guess it was to check on me…and find out what time the c-section is scheduled for….I would be TOTALLY fine if he didn’t come to the hospital…but I know that is wrong of me. That is still Hubby’s dad…no matter what. BUT…he still hasn’t come over to see I-Man (as he said he was going to for weeks now) for his birthday. Hasn’t gotten him a present or anything…so what makes this baby different? Like I have said, both my MIL and FIL will show up and try to be super-grandparents next week just because my parents are here. On one hand, I am fine with that because then I will have my mom to myself instead of her having to be busy with the kids the whole week….but on the other hand, I would rather my kids be with my parents. I am so rambling…but seriously, my in-laws drive me bonkers. BONKERS!!! I am closer to my SIL than I am to either of them…and that isn’t saying a whole lot, really! Shocker…my MIL actually did offer to take the kids for a few hours tomorrow! Maybe she is feeling guilty because the only time she has seen them in the past few weeks has either been at church (when she has been there) or when I-Man has called her and asked her to do something with them. Hubby and I were to the point that we weren’t going to let I-Man call her anymore until she showed some kind of interest in them without his initiating it. It just isn’t fair to them. I know that she is a single woman and needs time of her own…but sometimes I think she forgets that she has these 2 grandkids that adore her. It really breaks my heart sometimes.

Well, enough about all that. Sister and Buford called just a few minutes ago. They are about to leave on their vacation! They have NEVER gone away on a trip like this…so I hope they have a fabulous time and really enjoy it! They deserve it! I can tell that she feels bad that she won’t be here on Monday, but Little G will be around forever….so it is okay if she isn’t there to meet her on that first day. I couldn’t be there to meet my new nephew on his first day…things happen!!! Anyways, I hope they have a good and safe trip!!!

The Women’s Retreat at church is this weekend. I am so bummed that I can’t go! I am really going to miss it because we had such a good time last year. So, I hope they have fun…but not too much fun without me! I told Girlfriend that she wouldn’t have to buy as many tissues this year since I wouldn’t be there!!!

Umm…KK and I have had lunch a few times and I just feel so bad for her. Things with Stinky Pete are HORRIBLE. She has posted for a different position in the company, so that means when I get back, we won’t be working together anymore. But she is really ready to get out of there…but Stinky Pete is being a jerk about it and is trying to make her stay with him until I get back. So, I feel a bit guilty about that….and I just feel bad for her. The good thing is that he will be out of town next week, so she will be able to get away from work and come and visit me in the hospital!

Umm…I really don’t have much else to talk about! I need to run to Wal-Mart and get a few things….that will about do me in for the day! Actually, Hubby is coming home from work early today so I can go and get my nails done too. So, I will be very tired tonight. It doesn’t take much to make me tired.
So, don’t know if I will get on here to journal again before Monday…if not, please keep us in your prayers and hopefully Queen or Sister will be able to post the news after she is here. I might be able to have Hubby bring his computer to the hospital and get on-line that way…but I don’t know if it will work in the hospital or not. It might interfere with their systems or something. So, we will see!

Love you all and can’t wait to share Little G’s news with you!!!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

You sound like me with the computer! LOL! I was laughing so hard because I can just imagine you saying "okay, now that I've had the baby, it's time to journal"! I am SOOO doing that! LOL!

Sorry about the in-laws. For some reason, parents act different when in-laws are around. It's just weird. It happens when our parents get together too. I hope it's not stressful when they are together this week.

Don't worry about Gracie (hi pot, I'm kettle). I have those feelings about Booty too. It's hard to not have those feelings, but she is doing well....and seems like she wants to get out!

Praying for a restful weekend and somebody BETTER let me know about Little G on Monday!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

I was just thinking about you today and how the big day is Monday! Time sure flies!!! I'll be over to visit you next week and meet Little G. Sorry the in-laws are driving you crazy again. What's new, right? :)

Give me a call if you need anything! Love ya and if I don't talk to you before Monday, everything will be fine!

Dawn said...

It was fun running into you today at Target. Hope you like what you bought!! Our trip lasted longer than planned but thats fine. I can't wait to see that new baby also . I'm praying I start feeling better and no one around here gets sick cause we wont come see ya if anyone has even the slightest of sniffles. So don't think we're not caring I just would never come if I was sick. I guess I need to worry about me cause the girls are fine now and really they probably can't come in to see the baby anyways I don't know all the laws and stuff. But I still have this sinus thing and I won't take a chance if I still have it. OK rambled there. Take it easy this weekend and be lazy girl you're allowed! You won't be much longer. LOVE YA!!!

Mandalynn said...

YES!! :) Take it easy...those labor pains would scare me...glad they stopped being "regular" :)

Okay, we'll probably be by sometime on Monday ;) I can't wait to see little Gracie :) I wonder who she'll look like most?

Love ya!! :)