Wednesday, November 23, 2005

We are Here!!!

We are in Tucky! What a day, what a day!!! Work was okay. I had to spend some time with my boss...that was a bummer....and then when I finally got away from him...as I was leaving him...he got really corny about how thankful he is for me. I just wanted to tell him to shut up! I really need your prayers for my attitude! I prayed a long time about it this morning....but it still stinks when it comes to him!!! So, pray for that!!!

But anyways....it snowed today! That was pretty! I was just in the holiday mood and not wanting to be at work! So..about 3:00, Stinky Pete called me and told me to get out of there early...which really wasn't early because I didn't take a lunch today...so he owed me the time anyways...but whatever! Hubby got off early too...so he went and picked up the kids. I just went home and finished getting everything together! And then we were on the road!

It only took us two hours to get here.....we took a different way and it was much less congested! FAB cried for about half of the trip....finally Hubby went to the back of the van (I was driving) and held her...I know...against the law....but seriously...you can only take so much screaming!!! But we all sang songs trying to make her happy....I got emotional. I just love my family!!!

So....we got to JJ's house....it looks so nice! She has really done a lot of work...and it shows! It is just so nice to be with JJ and Buford and I just love them!!! JJ made a delicious dinner....manicotti and green beans...yummmyy!!! Then Mom and Dad came over and we started on the desserts early! Hubby played Texas Hold'em on their Playstation...he stunk at it! He kept going all in...not good. Then I played....and I won!!! Good for me...I am a good gambler!!! Then we all played Beyond Balderdash. I laughed so hard that I cried...and so did everyone else. Just ask my dad what "rappini" means.....it was so much fun. Just great to be with my family!!!

The kids are over at my parents' house....JJ is watching Lost.....Buford is sleeping...Hubby is watching a replay of the Michigan/OSU game....and I am fixing to go to bed. Thanks to JJ, I now have links on my journal! I need to add Sebbiedue's link....but I will do that when I get home. Dial-up is the pits....although...this isn't as slow as I remember dial-up being. But in the boonies...they don't have cable or high-speed!!!

Welll....have a great Thanksgiving and put your diets to the side for the day! Hopefully HBM and family made it to Tennesse safely. It is much warmer here in Tucky than Ohio...I bet Tennessee is even warmer!!!

Love you all....and I am very thankful to have friends as great as each of you!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!

3 comments:

girlie_mom said...

Hey lady...isn't it so good to be home??? That is what I still call my parents house. It is good to be at my home too, but I always feel love and happiness being at my parents. Today I am feeling kind of mommy-sick. For my mommy anyway. The girls were so fun today...aren't kids the greatest?!?!?!?

Kelley said...

Hey Girlie! Glad you made it to Kentucky safely! It is about to take a turn for the worse temperature wise here! It was nice yesterday, but gonna be freezin' tomorrow! You HAVE to teach me how to do the links if Hubby doesn't get to help me this week! Have fun! Lots of Love!

Sara said...

Well, both you and HBM lucked out, I would say. It was in the 20's here yesterday! Brrrr! Glad you made it to JJ's house safely and I'm sorry FAB was so upset! :( Poor thing! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed being off your diet for a day!!! :) Love ya!