Saturday, November 26, 2005

It's been a few days....

Since my last confessional...just kidding! But it has been a few days since I have journaled! But I have been lirking...reading all of your posts!!!!

Let's see.....Thanksgiving was a wonderful day! It was really nice a JJ's house! I missed having the "whole" family together...but it was also nice to just have our family together. We have a lot to be thankful for!

And on Friday morning...Hubby left.....and the kids and I were just hanging out with JJ when Hubby called to tell me that the battery light had come on....ok....and then I got a call a bit later.....that he was stranded in Cincinnati! He called my dad and my dad went and helped him. God was certainly watching out for Hubby. He was on I-75 in the middle lane in Cincy when all of a sudden he had no juice! Semis were nearly hitting him.....nothing worked....turn-signals, etc....so he was finally able to get over and get off the highway...he pulled into a gas station that was closed....and then pulled into a Ford Dealership and the van died. They wanted $350 to fix it...Hubby was going to do it...but decided to check with my dad first...and that is when Dad told him that he would be there to help him. So...a few hours later....and $160 later.....it was fixed!

Here is the coolest part....when my Mom came to pick me and FAB up....she came inside JJ's house and the three of us (Mom, JJ and me) held hands in a circle and prayed. Isn't that cool? We just needed it. That was so touching to me. THAT is why I am so thankful this Thanksgiving. For the family He blessed me with...and most importantly...that my parents made Christ a priority in our house and did their best to ensure that we would choose Him. Awesome. I hope my kids say the same when they are grown.

So....after that whole fiasco...we got home on Friday...and just vegged out the rest of Friday. Hubby and I both were feeling sick to our tummies...I think it is a combination of all the food.....and the stress of that situation....so we just took it easy!!!! The kids cooperated...that was nice!

Today...another lazy day! The kids slept in...not like Pita Pocket...but for them! Hubby went to work for a bit...and then mom and I went to the craft show! That was fun! We took FAB and I-Man went to a birthday party. We had a good time and there was so much that I wanted to buy...but I didn't! I did buy one of those big stars and hung it on the outside of the house. I love it!!!!

Umm...while we were at the craft show..I missed a call on my cell phone. So, I checked the voicemail when we sat for a spell....it was Mandie...my best friend from high school who married my cousin. She was crying and very upset...I couldn't really understand what she was saying. So, I called my Uncle (who is now her father-in-law) and he told me what had happened. Molly, who was the third person in our trio from high school...and is like a sister to Mandie. They have been friends since birth.....well, Molly's dad is in the hospital. Apparantly, he had a stroke yesterday...a major stroke....they flew him to a hospital in Columbus.....and found that he has an anurism (no idea how to spell it) in his brain. They operated today and were able to repair it...and also there was a clot they were able to break-up....but they won't know for a few days the extent of the brain damage that he will have. He was home all day by himself yesterday...his wife found him when she came home....so they aren't sure when it happened...or anything. How scary!!! My mom and I just stopped and prayed in the middle of the craft show when we heard about it. I called Mandie and talked to her....she was on her way to the hospital. Michael, Molly's brother, is in the Peace Corps serving in Africa...they were able to get him released because this is a life-threatening injury to his dad...so he will be home on Monday.. ....The scariest part of all of this.....they are not Christians. My mom and I were talking and wondering how non-Christians make it through something like this. I could not imagine going through that with my Dad....and I certainly couldn't imagine going through it without GOD. Anyhow, I called them a bit ago and he came through the surgery fine.....Mandie was driving Molly home for the night.....but please pray for this family.

I am excited to go to church in the morning! I miss everyone! I feel like it has been way more than a week since I saw you all last!!! I guess it has been a long week! And we have Women's Group tomorrow night...YIPEE!!!!

Well.....I need to get in bed! This is late for me....but I guess my nap today helped! I am thankful that HBM and Elvis made it home.....and that Speedy is still doing well......can't wait to meet that little Princess!!! Hope you all have a wonderful worship service tomorrow. Remember...it isn't about you...It is all about HIM!!!! To HIM be the glory!

Love you all very much!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Glad to see you are "back". It's amazing how much I miss hearing about everyone's days when we go a day or two without journaling. So glad God was with your hubby and that you were able to get the van fixed! I hope the service goes well today. I know that Beef's preaching and I'm really bummed about missing that! Praying for Molly and Michael and their dad. I agree that I can't imagine going through any crisis without God!

Okay, I'll get off here. Love ya and miss you guys lots!!!!

Kelley said...

I'm so sorry about the whole van situation. Later (much later) ya'll will either laugh about it or realize that there is a lesson to it!
Even though I saw you today I feel that we haven't talked in weeks. I don't like not meeting for practice. It throws me for a loop! Have a great afternoon and I'll see ya tonight! Lots of Love!

girlie_mom said...

Don't vehicles just plain stink sometimes. A few days (really few) I wonder what it would've been like "back in the day" when there weren't cars and stuff like that. Then I remember there would be no Target or Starbucks and I become thankful that I am where I am. Glad hubby is ok.. I think I would've peed my pants.

Sorry about your buddies. Will pray.

Jodi said...

I'm also thankful for our family and our parents who raised us in a Christian home...and...I'm so proud of the job that you all are doing in instilling God's love in your children...keep up the good work!!

I'll be keeping Mandie, Molly and family in my prayers...something similar happened to the bookkeeper that works here almost two years ago now...I think six months or so after it happened, she was back to work as normal...and we celebrated her one year anniversary after the stroke happened...I know that he's probably getting great medical care and having a wife that is a nurse will no doubt be very beneficial in the recovery process...still in the midst of this I'm sure it is very scarey and you are right...I don't know how non-Christians face such adversity...God isn't a "crutch" but He sure is wonderful to lean on through tough times...well I'm beginning to "journal" so I'll shoosh...loev you sis!

SebbieDue said...

So sorry about your friend's daddy. I agree, it has to be heartwrenching, esp. w/o Jesus to hold you up through the trauma of it all. Man...

Glad the van got fixed, and even cheaper than the shop price. God is good!

Much love!