Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Phew!

I have to say that I am so glad that I have so many Journal Goddesses! However....it does take a lot more time to read and comment on them all!!! I am bad at "lurking"...reading but not commenting...but I am trying to get better at that! But it takes a long time now! But what a great problem to have!!! I love all my Journal Goddesses!!! And I love keeping up with all of your lives!!! God is working...that is so obvious!

Okay...so it has been a little while! I have just been busy! Let's see....Sunday....a good day! Church was good. Scrapbook Queen, Diamond and I ended up staying in the nursery during SS....that was fun. They are such neat ladies! I love getting a chance to spend time with them! Worship was wonderful. Beef preached...he does such a great job. I know I have said it before...but I will say it again....God has blessed us with great ministers! His sermon was great!!!

After church.....I went shopping with Hair Dye and her daughter. Her daughter kept saying "Hey Mac-n-Cheese" (well, insert my real name there)....over and over and over again!!! She wanted to tell me everything she knew, I think. Anyways...we went shopping for a formal dress for her. Radio's work is having a formal Christmas party. We didn't find what she was looking for....I got a voicemail from her later in the day that I think she found one! It is fun to shop with someone else though! Even though I didn't buy anything!!!

Oh well...so then I went home and did some work on my laptop...and then watched "White Christmas"...it just isn't the holidays without watching that movie!!! Then we dropped the kids off at my mom's house and were off to church for choir practice. We had the drama team with us for the first time...and it went amazingly well! Usually when we add the drama team....it is rough....but it actually went very smoothly. It was a very good idea to put the words on powerpoint in the back....COOL!!! Still some rough notes on the choir's part...but you know what? God will be smiling because nearly every person (notice I say nearly) is there just to glorify His name!!!

After that...was Women's Group. I just love that group of women!!! What a blessing! AND! We were able to convince Catch to come! And she started knitting at the end of the night! I should've offered her needles and yarn earlier...but I didn't know she wanted to learn! Hopefully she will come back! I was so glad she was there. It would be WAY cool if we could get her husband (I will call him GFS) to go to Men's group!!!! But it was a great night! One of my favorite parts of the evening (and I think that Minnie and I were the only ones who witnessed it) was when Detergent acted like Jessica Simpson. It was PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...went home and watched Desperate Housewives....love that show!!! It is very wacked out, though!

Monday....work....blah! The highlight of my day was having lunch with KK. I just love that women! She is such a good friend. We were talking about Stinky Pete at one point yesterday and he walked in. We were like two kids caught with our hands in a cookie jar! Oh well. We weren't saying anything too bad about him. Nothing I wouldn' say to his face!!! He is so....FRUSTRATING! At the Casting Crowns concert last night, Mark Hall was putting "ADD" into layman's terms...I turned to HBM and told her that is my boss!!!!!!!! He just gets distracted so easily!!! That is frustrating!!!

Anyways..so I rushed home from work...kissed the kids...and then we were off! We went to dinner with HBM, Elvis, K-Dog, TT and Sight-Sing. It was a HOOT! I had a great time with them all....and no, I still won't tell you what we are giving away, HBM. I can keep a secret!!! Poor Daddymac....he is just so much fun to pick on! He got picked on a lot....but he is a good sport about it.

Then we went to the concert!!! It was an AWESOME conert! At first, I was very distracted by all the "talkers" who were sitting behind us. I just don't understand why you come to a concert to sit and talk during the performance. I understand an occasional comment...I do that....but to just talk the entire time....oh well! I was able to tune them out and just worship. It was a powerful concert.....and the speaker was awesome. I think that JJ would've really liked it! I think Building 429 was right up her alley!!! Even though Daddymac thought they were too rocky...he is such an old man! If it wasn't the Gaithers....just kidding!!! He likes a lot of different music...but sometimes is an old man!!! Love him though!!!!!

What was really neat...was being there with such good Christian friends.....they are really more like family to me. I just love my church family!!! It was really cool being there with SightSing too.....just because we were good friends in high school....lots of memories there. I just love her. So neat that she is at Bethany....God works in mysterious ways!!! And she and Hubby get along well! They actually talk more than she and I do....because they are so close to each other at PT practice.

Okay...so then we came home....I read a few journals....had every intention of updating my blog...but was so tired!!! So...now I am doing it at work.....

I have to get to work! I love you all and am praying for many. Love you!!!!

9 comments:

Josy said...

Me too. So many to read (and I usually have too much to write) that I spend a lot of time lurking. The concert sounded like a blast...I can't remember the last christian concert I went to. Probably Geoff Moore and the Distance...I think I was their biggest fan! Anyways, sorry to hear about Stinky Pete, at least you have diagnosed him!
Love, Josy

Dawn said...

You have me cracking up here girl. The "if its not the gaithers" comment and yes I missed detergents "jessica simpson". Wish I had seen that one. I like Jessica Simpson but like her sister Ashley better HENCE my Pieces of Me title!! OH and I know what you mean about all the blogs to read and comment on. I'm the bad one that is more a lurker. I try to comment on them cause I know I love to get all the comments. I have around 20 that I read its so addicting. OF course this isn't every day and some don't update that often (kinda like me) And most that I read I don't even know these people but its fun to still read about them. Have a fun day!!! Love ya,Dawn

Jodi said...

Had to comment to Josy's comment....wahoo Geoff Moore and the Distance!! Loved them....they actually came to my college back in the day...I remember that Geoff was a total nut!! But they rocked!

To Sister....your life just sound slike one big party! lol...I'd love to be a fly on your shoulder...but I think I'd be pooped...gues I'm old lol...

anyway...I'm so happy that you have so many good Chirstian friends...I'm so proud of you, sis!

Love ya lots!

SebbieDue said...

I'm so glad you all had fun at the concert! Wish I had been there! I love B4:29 & CC! DaddyMac is such a trip! "Too rocky!" that's too much! I need to get him some of Cat's CDs. They're christian metal/alt/etc. DaddyMac would have kittens!
Much love!

Jodi said...

oh p.s....I'm a horrible lurker...I'm trying to get better at leaving comments because I sure like to get comments...lol...but anyway...at least we're lurking...I love this bloggie thing!! And I really am liking this site much better too...

ok bye!!

girlie_mom said...

Geez is hilarious. Him and Baby are total opposites. Not that Baby is listening to Christian anything, but he likes all this crazy stuff. Anyway, it took me a little while to figure out SightSing...pls share how she got that nickname.

I love Detergent!!!!! Everytime I am with her I almost pee my pants. The greatest thing is that that isn't the only side to her. I thank God all the time for our leadership team, and their wives.

I still don't know who Hiar Dye is or Diamond. I have a feeling but not sure.

Hope you are having fun at work:)

Kelley said...

I almost turned around last night and asked the girl to stop eating her chips. I can't STAND to hear people chew and it was almost like she was in my ear. I thought that they were only annoying me! LOL! I think that is funny about Stinky Pete! He needs to know that you are having some problems with him. If he never does anything about it, then order you and KK 5 of the gifts that he is "sending"! That just cracks me up! Hope you had a great Tuesday! Lots of Love!

Mandalynn said...

CC sounds like it was great!! :) All except for the chatty bunch behind you...I never understood that, either...they could've saved their money, and just gone to McDonald's to chat!! LOL :)

josy, I TOTALLY remember Geoff Moore!! LOL He's good friends to Steven Curtis Chapman (who, btw, is my all-time favorite!! :) )...remember the "Home Run" song?

I'd better go...Glad you had a good weekend, Missy :)

Sara said...

Well, it looks like I'm the last to comment. Really bummed about missing the concert, but if there were people behind you talking and/or chewing loudly, the pregnant wench would have come out of me, so maybe it's good I couldn't go. At least you had Daddymac to keep you company this time, although I'm sure you missed your "real date". :) I'm really glad you have KK at work now for backup. I'm sure that helps a little. I had to laugh at JJ's "back in the day" comment. I can't hear that without thinking about Daddymac. Anywho, love ya and I hope to see you soon. I'm sick of this "hermit" stuff!