Thursday, December 14, 2006

Need Your Prayers....

Feliz Navidad! I can’t believe that Christmas is only 10 days away tomorrow! Isn’t that crazy?!?! I always love to see Christmas come…but then start to get sad as it gets this close, because it is almost over! All the anticipation is about to be over! That is the best part! And then this year…I also have to go back to work! What a bummer! Oh well! I am planning on enjoying my last two weeks!

I have a prayer request…Hubby’s grandpa (it is really his Dad’s step-dad, but the only grandpa that was a part of Hubby’s life growing up) was just diagnosed (late last week) with prostate cancer. Apparently there are 10 stages of it and his is at a stage 10. They have ruled out the possibility of surgery and gave him some kind of a hormone treatment today….and the prognosis is very bad. The cancer is very aggressive and they are actually starting him on intensive radiation tomorrow. FIL is going down there either tomorrow or Saturday. Hubby feels like he should go too….but we have our church thing tomorrow night and then we are having his Mom’s family Christmas here at our house on Sunday. So, we may end up going down next week….or maybe just Hubby for a quick trip…not sure about that. Hubby’s aunt that lives in Texas flew in last night….and it sounds like everyone is going to try to visit him soon. His spirits are good (I would expect nothing less….he is really a great person), but he is very sick. So, please pray for him and Hubby’s family. I am not sure…..but I would guess that he doesn’t know Jesus….we have never really talked about it, but I don’t think they are Christians. So, that is even scarier! Anyways, please pray for Hubby’s grandpa and the entire family. They say it could be weeks or months for him.

Ummm…I really don’t think I have much else to say tonight….I am very tired and want to go to bed early tonight. I have been staying up too late and getting up too early! Although, tomorrow will be the first day this week that I don’t have plans to do something! Which is good because I need to clean the bathrooms and do some of my deep cleaning before we have all this company this weekend!

Love you all….and hope you are all doing well! Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your hubby and his grandpa. He'll find a time to go....he might just need to make the time. Things come and go, but family is forever and your family might be the thing that shows Christ to this man. Praying for you and your hubby and your family to be a wonderful example for him!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

Praying about your Hubby's grandpa. I just hope the Lord's will be done and by some miracle his Grandpa knows Jesus. I'll also pray for your FIL (that one's a bit harder....okay, bad joke). Love you all and see you tonight!