Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hump Day!

Happy Hump Day Ladies! I am really looking forward to a weekend, even though I had an unintentional 4-day weekend this past weekend! But I love Holiday Weekends! Just something about knowing you have more time with the family…makes me smile!

So, let’s see…it has only been a week this time since my last “real” post. Of course, I told Mandy that I was the official reporter so I had to go to the hospital to see Eli right after he was born so that I could report it back to you all! I took my job very seriously and got there just a little more than an hour after he was born! LOL It was really my Mom’s idea! I think she was so excited because this was the first baby that was born now that they live in Ohio. She said when they were in Kentucky it was so hard to not be able to come to the hospital right away. So, as soon as she called me to tell me he was here, she asked if I was ready to go to the hospital! I have to tell you…she made me cry at the hospital. My mom is not a very emotional person…so, I get it from my Dad, not from her. Anyways, when Uncle Ronnie (Mandy’s dad and my mom’s brother) walked in the room, my mom said: “Well, congratulations again Brother!” and they both got all teary-eyed….which means that I have to get teary-eyed too! That was a sweet moment. But as you can see, he is adorable! Mandy looked great and was feeling great at the time (thanks to the epidural). I know that they will have some rough days ahead as they get used to having a 4 year old and a newborn, but they will do great!

Well, Scott went on his Emmaus Walk this past weekend and he had a FABULOUS time! For those that don’t know what that is, it is a 72 hour spiritual renewal weekend retreat. It is just a wonderful time of reflection and really, so very much more. I don’t want to go into a lot of detail because there are lots of wonderful surprises built into the weekend, but let me just tell you that he loved it! I am so glad that he was able to go and have that time just for him. He certainly deserves it!!!

So, I dropped him off at the church for that on Thursday night…so I was flying solo with the kiddies this weekend! We did great….except for the last part of the weekend when things took a turn for the worse, but I will get to that in a minute!
Before I took him to the church, we went to dinner at Outback! That was nice to have a quick date-night! We don’t get that very often! I took the day off on Friday and went to the church where he was at to serve him breakfast…he was surprised by that! Then I was able to go and do some shopping all by myself! My mom had the girls and Isaac was at school, so I went to a few stores…all by myself! Did I mention that I was all by myself? LOL It was heavenly to be able to look around at my own pace! And since I have lost so much weight, I really have to try things on because I am not sure what size I am! And let me tell you, I had to squelch a squeal in the fitting room when I tried on a pair of capris that were like 6 sizes smaller than what I was wearing at my heaviest! I haven’t seen that size in MANY, MANY years! So, that made my shopping trip even more enjoyable! LOL

Well, after I picked up the girls and Isaac, we went home and I was able to take a nap with Faith Anne and Gracie while Isaac played the Wii. I told him that he had a decision to make because he wanted to go to the Family Fun Nite (picture mass chaos) at his school, but I didn’t want to take all three of the kids there by myself. So, I told him to decide to do that or go to the mall and we could go to Build-A-Bear. Well, he chose to go to the mall! So, when we got up from our naps, we had a quick dinner and then headed to the mall. They were all three very good and we had fun at the BAB store! The girls both made doll babies and Isaac made a doggy. We did a bit more shopping, split a milkshake, played in the play-area and then headed home! It was a very nice evening with the kids!

Saturday…we got up and cleaned the house some and then walked to the church’s rummage sale. We just kinda had a leisurely day. I made all three kids take a nap – because they got up so early and more importantly because I wanted to take a nap! Isaac had a birthday party to go to at a pet store. That was fun for him….and he got 3 free goldfish as party favors! So, we now have 7 goldfish! I took them all out to dinner and then picked up a girl from our church who watched the kiddos for me while I went to a church service. Jodi came up for that and we had a great time!

Here is where the fun starts! At about 2:30 in the morning, Gracie starts screaming! I go into her room and the smell hits me as soon as I open the door – yep, we had the stomach bug! Well, SHE had the stomach bug! And Scott isn’t home. Great. So, I persuade Faith Anne to stay in bed and I get Gracie stripped down and in the tub. I left her in there while I went and stripped her bed and re-made it. I had to keep going back and forth between the bathroom and her bedroom because she kept crying. But it was easier to do the bed while she was out of the way. This happened 2 other times that night. Lots of fun! She got sick a few more times on Sunday…but thank goodness for my parents! They came and took Isaac and Faith Anne to church and then just kept them pretty much all day.

Here is a cute conversation I had with Isaac on Sunday morning:

Me: You are going to have to stay away from Gracie today.
Isaac: Why?
Me: Because she is sick and I don’t want you to catch her germs.
Isaac: I can’t!Me: Why?
Isaac: (tears in his eyes and voice shakey) Because I love her!
Me: Umm…can you love her from a distance today?

That kid is so sweet…..most of the time!

So, Gracie slept most of the morning/afternoon and kept stuff down all evening. Scott came home…we were happy…we went to bed….we woke up to Gracie getting sick two more times! So, I ended up calling in sick – or actually working from home – so I could stay with her. She is better now and so far, no one else has come down with the stomach bug in our house. Hopefully it stays that way!!!!

Faith Anne had her last day of preschool yesterday and tomorrow there is a picnic and then she is done until next year! I have to remember to get her teacher gift all wrapped up today! I decided to give them the Vera Bradley softback book covers with a $10 gift card to Barnes & Noble (or whatever bookstore that is at the Greene). I think a teacher would appreciate that…at least, I hope they do!

Baseball is in full swing for us. Isaac has games on Mondays and Wednesdays and Scott has softball on Friday nights. The girls have been pretty good so far, so hopefully that continues!

Well, we have something going on every day this weekend…including going down to see Jodi, Jimmie and the girls on Memorial Day! It sounds like the weather is going to be great this weekend….and it is about stinking time! I told Scott that I was glad it was going to be hot on Monday because I bought Faith Anne a very cute red, white and blue tank top! LOL It is all about the fashion with her, you know!

Love you all and Happy Memorial Day!!!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Glad you posted again so soon! Sounds like you've had a busy week with sick kids, Scott being gone, etc. You're a champ, though! :) Also awesome about your shopping trip. I about died when I could actually put on a medium. I never thought I'd see that day! Congrats!!!

Have a great weekend! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Unfortuately, everyone else's Hump Day is like my Monday, but oh well. Anyway...yay for new babies and Scott having a good weekend and you having a good time with the kids until Gracie started spewing. I hope it doesn't spread to the rest of you guys. It sounds nasty. I hope you have an awesome long weekend! :D

Dawn said...

First of all YAY for shopping alone and smaller sizes :) Thats great Scott had a good time. I think that would be sooooooooooo soooooooooo out of my comfort zone I"d have so many panic attacks and well I'll probably never do one of them. I'm full of excuses aren't I HA!! I am sorry you had a sickie baby while you were alone. But your trip to the mall with them sounds like fun I"m sure they loved some mommy time like that. I hope ya'll stay well and no one else gets the bug. Love ya!! oh and I think that teacher gift is PERFECT!!!

Kelley said...

I'm proud of you for taking your job so seriously! lol!

I am SO SORRY about not sending something to Scott. I even kept it in my inbox to make sure I wrote something. I feel horrible about it. I am glad that he had so much fun. Sounds like it's such an exciting thing to do. I've never heard of that down here. I never heard of it till we lived in OH.

Uh, yes, teachers will LOVE the gift you give them! You're the best kind of parents for those teachers!

Sorry about the sickness....and with Scott gone, that makes it double worse. Glad you made it through it!

Lots of Love!