Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wednesday Ramblings...

Well, I was in the middle of writing a post about how I am leaving work early to go get my hair-cut, when I got a call from the salon that my appointment needs to be rescheduled because he isn’t coming in today. ARGH! I am so bummed! I am so over-do for a haircut that it isn’t even funny!!! I was supposed to get it cut during the week of Camp Extreme, but that didn’t happen because there was no time. Then I was supposed to get it cut last week, but that didn’t happen because of football – again, no time. So, I had made the appointment for noon today and was just going to take a half-day off - that is how desperate I am. Oh well. I rescheduled it for 9:30 tomorrow. I might just work from home tomorrow. Because I never like how he fixes it (not big enough for me), so I will have to go home and re-fix it anyways….so I might just work from home! We will see. Anyways, I am so bummed out about that!

Okay…on to more important things! Like Big Brother! I am really getting annoyed with ED and how mean he is to everyone. And then to see him do such a turn-around with Jen last night, what a snake. I hope they turn on him and Danielle and get rid of them. I am not really pulling for anyone to win at this point, but I don’t like them very much right now. Now, that might change….but seriously, I get knots in my stomach whenever ED starts attacking someone! I could not live with someone as hateful as him. So, anyways…I am anxious to see who gets voted off on Thursday night!

Well, football is going good! Isaac had his first tackling practice on Monday night. You know how we teach our kids not to hit others and certainly not to hurt others…well, then we sign him up for football and tell them it is okay to hit others hard when you playing football. Well, he is having a hard time with that. He isn’t aggressive enough yet – but I am sure that will come. He got knocked down quite a bit – and mostly by a girl! They have a girl on his team that is REALLY good. She is about the same height as him and she tackled him a few times. I am sure it won’t take much time before he gets mad and starts to really figure out how to tackle. I told him to think about when Faith Anne makes him really mad and then take that frustration out on the other players. He looks so cute in all his gear. His nickname is “Bruiser” – that is what is on the back of his practice jersey. Too cute! So, last night his practice was cancelled because the heat index was so high. I hope they are able to practice the rest of the week because their first game in next Saturday and they are no where near ready right now!

Another escapade with Isaac….last night we looked all over the house and the vehicles for his GameBoy! We couldn’t find it anywhere. Well, we asked him where he remembered having it last and he distinctly remembered putting it in the cart at Krogers on Saturday night. Well, I distinctly remember that he did not take it inside…in fact, I never saw him put in the cart and if I had, I wouldn’t have allowed him to take it in. When we got to Krogers, there was a cart right next to us (on the passenger’s side) and Isaac hopped out of the van and claimed that as our cart. I was still on the driver’s side because that is the side that Gracie is on. Faith Anne can get out by herself now, so she and Isaac got out and came around to my side – so I was never on the passenger side. Following me so far? Well, no sooner did he claim that as our cart did he change his mind and started looking for a “car” cart for the girls to ride in. Unbeknownst to me, he had in fact put his GameBoy in the cart next to the van and then left it when he decided to look for a new cart! So, last night, he told us this and on a long shot, Scott called Krogers and sure enough, someone had turned it in to their Lost & Found. Boy was that nice! I told Isaac that he was lucky because if they hadn’t, he would’ve been out a GameBoy because we wouldn’t buy him a new one! They went to Krogers and got it and everything was there! Amazing! There are some honest people in this world!

Last night was a long one at our house….or rather a short one! Gracie woke up at 1:00 something and I had a hard time getting her back to sleep. Then at some point, Faith Anne climbed on top of me to sleep with us because she was scared. I was too tired to put her back in her bed. Then at 3:18, Gracie woke up again and didn’t go back to sleep until nearly 5:00. And my alarm goes off at 5:30. I didn’t get much sleep at all! I don’t know what to do with her! In the middle of the night, Scott called her demon-possessed. That made me laugh…you just get to a point where you are either going to laugh or cry….so we were laughing. What I wouldn’t give for a full night’s sleep!!!!

Brayden, my adorable curly-top nephew, is going to be 1 on Saturday…oh, and that reminds me…someone else is going to be 30 this weekend! Wonder who that is…..KELLEY!!!!! LOL (I do have the date right, don’t I?)

Anyways, I can’t believe that he is already 1! This past year has just flown by! He is so cute and such a happy baby. We are having a big party for him at my MIL’s house….it should be fun, although I will have to spend time with the in-laws. That is annoying….but worth it for Brayden! I think we are going to get him a Big Wheels.

I am just rambling, I know. But I am so bored at work that I can’t see straight! My job tends to be feast or famine, and this is a time of famine – FOR SURE. I like some down-time, but too much just makes me bored and the time just crawl by!!!

Umm…my co-worker who was going through a divorce because her husband cheated on her…well, they are back together now. I am having a really hard time with that because it just annoys me that she would take him back. I know it really is none of my business, but when I have had to hear all about it for the past 3 months…and now she is hunkey-dorey with him again, it just kinda irks me off. So, I haven’t asked her about it at all and told her that I didn’t really want to talk about it. The sad thing is, this is (apparently) the kind of marriage that they have because another girl that we work with said that this is like the 3rd time she has been through this since they have been friends. This is just my first experience. So, that has made work even more interesting!

What else can I ramble about? I am going to go to the hospital today to see Michael. I was talking to Dad about it last night and apparently my Aunt & Uncle were to meet with the doctors, the insurance people and a lawyer yesterday. The doctors and insurance people were to talk about how much longer he needs to be/can stay at the hospital under the insurance coverage. The attorney is because since he is an adult, there is some kind of paperwork for him to sign off on saying that it is okay or not okay to restrain him. I am not really sure what that is all about, but I am anxious to find out what news they have from yesterday. I don’t even know if I will get to see Michael or just spend time with my Aunt, but I feel like I need to stop by there again. I have talked to my cousin (his sister) a few times since last week. This is really taking a toll on all of them. Next week will be one month since all of this happened – not an anniversary they were expecting to celebrate.

Well, I guess I don’t have much else to talk about. Well, I do, but no one wants to listen, I am sure!!! Oh…an update on the robbery at my bank…one of the employees that was shot got released from the hospital yesterday and the other will be in the hospital still for another week or so. He was shot in the stomach and they need to keep him for observation to make sure that no infection settles in. I don’t think they have caught the guys yet…but the branch did re-open today. I can’t imagine what that must be like for them! All of our corporate big-wigs have been down there supporting the employees and their families. Pretty scary stuff!

You all have a great day and I will “talk” to you soon! Love ya!

2 comments:

Sara said...

If it makes you feel any better, I think we're going to Brayden's party, so you can talk to me and avoid them! :) ha ha. I'm just hoping Abby's cold will finally go away!!!

Sorry about your hair. I'm getting mine trimmed on Saturday. I'm bad about that. I just "never have time" and go forever before I get so sick of it that I just have to do it!!! I hope you finally get it done tomorrow!

Well, hopefully I'll see you Sunday! Love ya!

Kelley said...

I hate that it's already been a month, but at least there are a lot of people trying to help him get the care that he needs.

Sorry about the whole haircut thing. I'm never good at getting a haircut on time. You're much better at that than I am. Work from home tomorrow and have a nice relaxing haircut tomorrow.

Yep, Sunday's the big day. Nice, huh? 30. Wow....it's even harder for me write! lol!

Have fun at the birthday party this weekend. Don't get into too much trouble with the in-laws!

Glad you got the gameboy back...glad that story had a happy ending!

Lots of Love!